Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Went to my local BestBuy to ask about the Pre. The mobile rep looked-up my account and immediately told me that my TEP will not be valid for the Pre ($7 version). There is a special $10 TEP going to be required specifically for this device. However, for the same price, she tried to "pimp" me on the BestBuy coverage that had no deductible for the same price....umm, OK...

    I thought she was trying to sell me on BestBuy's insurance but wasn't absolutely sure so I though I'd run it through the community here and validate BB's claim.
  2. #2  
    She's scamming you.
  3. #3  
    she's trying to give it to you. sans lube.
  4. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Went to my local BestBuy to ask about the Pre. The mobile rep looked-up my account and immediately told me that my TEP will not be valid for the Pre ($7 version). There is a special $10 TEP going to be required specifically for this device. However, for the same price, she tried to "pimp" me on the BestBuy coverage that had no deductible for the same price....umm, OK...

    I thought she was trying to sell me on BestBuy's insurance but wasn't absolutely sure so I though I'd run it through the community here and validate BB's claim.
    Another user posted something similar but it was at a 3rd party retailer. The retailer required the user purchase the TEP ($7 version).

    However, when I spoke with Best Buy and Sprint, I was not told this.
  5. #5  
    i'll know tomorrow, but the TEP on the treo is still the 7 dollars, just a huge honking 100 dollar detuctable.
  6. #6  
    Sprint told me insurance is $7 a month and that covers everything. If you drop it or mess it up then you have to pay a $100 deductable, if the phone has problems or messes up then you get a replacement without having to pay a deductable
  7. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #7  
    TEP is not a scam per se, but it's just too damn expensive to be worth it. Use SquareTrade instead.
  8. #8  
    That would be a bit ridiculous, if they charged more for TEP... the Touch Pro which is a more expensive phone is only 7 bucks... that is kinda crazy, that is like the situation where you buy a phone from BB or RD and you have TEP and sprint will not look @ it.. .that is ridiculous, it has not happened to me but i have heard a few people rant about it
  9. #9  
    If you are going to get the insurance, you have to get the full $7 worth. There are two kinds of insurance -- Equipment replacement, and equipment repair, each $4 separately, or $7 together. IF you purchase the insurance, you need to get the "full coverage", as it were

    http://www1.sprintpcs.com/media/Asse.../tep_chart.jpg
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    She's scamming you.
    I was pretty sure she was full of it.....especially when she told me that an Everything plan was required because "it uses a different frequency" than the other plans.....WTF!?!?!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    I was pretty sure she was full of it.....especially when she told me that an Everything plan was required because "it uses a different frequency" than the other plans.....WTF!?!?!
    Ahaha.. Did you go to the BB store in Pleasant Hill? They're sorta stupid there. Wireless Wizards in Walnut Creek is awesome(where I'm getting mine).
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Ahaha.. Did you go to the BB store in Pleasant Hill? They're sorta stupid there. Wireless Wizards in Walnut Creek is awesome(where I'm getting mine).
    Close...Dublin. I wanted to slap her when she told me that...
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Close...Dublin. I wanted to slap her when she told me that...
    Pshh. Just go to Wireless Wizards. They're chill. I think they got 20 on hand or something. 2 of them are mine! Saw 2 boxes and my name slapped on them. I'll still get there early though
  14. #14  
    BB employees who don't know what they're talking about? Tell me it isn't so!!!

    I was in a Best Buy on Wednesday night and there was some dude (not a BB Mobile employee, just regular employee) who told this women that asked about the Pre that it ran Windows Mobile.

    I don't know why, but I had this sudden urge to scream. I never got to talk to her and set her straight on the Pre...ah well.

Posting Permissions