Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know this seems like common sense, but I have been on a family plan for 9 years and could not remember who opened the account, my wife or myself. Went to the sprint store today and found out that she is the account holder. She will be out of town tomorrow. He told me to make sure we can get in touch with her tomorrow for the ok or I will not get a pre. It is bad enough I have to drag my two kids out at 4 in the morning, but now we have to wake her up to ask permission! "hunny, please, please can I have a pre??"
    it is Pre-madness....

i don't understand why could we not just order via telephone. save so much hassle.
    @->----
    Palm Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    I know this seems like common sense, but I have been on a family plan for 9 years and could not remember who opened the account, my wife or myself. Went to the sprint store today and found out that she is the account holder. She will be out of town tomorrow. He told me to make sure we can get in touch with her tomorrow for the ok or I will not get a pre. It is bad enough I have to drag my two kids out at 4 in the morning, but now we have to wake her up to ask permission! "hunny, please, please can I have a pre??"
    Remind me here. Is all this just for a phone? Is all this just for a phone that will be widely available by multiple means within a week or two? Are you really planning to put your kids though this? Are you actually using your 100% self-generated problems as a reason to complain? Did you just inadvertently explain why your wife, and not you, are the account holder? Wow - just wow.
    Loonytunes, I know what you mean, wanting a new toy and having to drag the kids to the store and needing cooperation from the spouse... the things we do for a phone us married folk have to entertain ourselves somehow, right? lol

Good luck tomorrow, I hope you get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Remind me here. Is all this just for a phone? Is all this just for a phone that will be widely available by multiple means within a week or two? Are you really planning to put your kids though this? Are you actually using your 100% self-generated problems as a reason to complain? Did you just inadvertently explain why your wife, and not you, are the account holder? Wow - just wow.
    Kupe: just because you're not excited to get a phone doesn't mean other people aren't allowed to either. If you don't care about this phone why are you reading all these posts about a phone that hasn't been released, and why go out of your way to put someone down, over a phone? do you feel superior now? wow, just wow
    Quote Originally Posted by My Precious View Post
    Loonytunes, I know what you mean, wanting a new toy and having to drag the kids to the store and needing cooperation from the spouse... the things we do for a phone us married folk have to entertain ourselves somehow, right? lol

Good luck tomorrow, I hope you get one.

Kupe: just because you're not excited to get a phone doesn't mean other people aren't allowed to either. If you don't care about this phone why are you reading all these posts about a phone that hasn't been released, and why go out of your way to put someone down, over a phone? do you feel superior now? wow, just wow
    exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by My Precious View Post
    If you don't care about this phone why are you reading all these posts about a phone that hasn't been released, and why go out of your way to put someone down, over a phone? do you feel superior now? wow, just wow
    Sorry - I was thinking about the children. The OP was only thinking about himself. Which one of those are you defending with your post?
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I am in a similar situation. The primary name on the account is my wife's and she will not be there in the morning. I called the sprint store and they said that all she had to do is call *2 and make me an "authorized user" on the account who can make changes. She called last night and checked my 'status' and sure enough I was not authorized. She told them to authorize me, and I am all set.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Palm Pre (x2 referb)
    Twitter
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Get your wife to call Sprint and add you as an authorized person to make changes, my wife did that before I got the instinct a year ago
  9.    #9  
    Sweet guys, thanks for that! That makes a it a lot easier.. Also, so Kupe feels better, I have made arrangements, and the kids will not be coming with me.. I was just waiting for confirmation that they would be taken care of. They were coming with me as a last resort..
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loondog View Post
    I am in a similar situation. The primary name on the account is my wife's and she will not be there in the morning. I called the sprint store and they said that all she had to do is call *2 and make me an "authorized user" on the account who can make changes. She called last night and checked my 'status' and sure enough I was not authorized. She told them to authorize me, and I am all set.
    I just had a chat with a rep who told me that as long as I had the PIN number or the answer to the security question that there would be no issues FWIW.
  11.    #11  
    Sprint chat told me that the account holder "needs to be there." I guess it depends on who you talk to.. As soon as I talk to the Mrs. I will ask her to call and make me an authorized user. I hope that means that I can get one for her without her knowing too..
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bkell View Post
    I just had a chat with a rep who told me that as long as I had the PIN number or the answer to the security question that there would be no issues FWIW.
    A call to my local sprint store, the store I will be purchasing at, gave me this same answer. As long as I have the PIN or answer to the security question, I'm able to purchase without my wife being present.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    Sweet guys, thanks for that! That makes a it a lot easier.. Also, so Kupe feels better, I have made arrangements, and the kids will not be coming with me.. I was just waiting for confirmation that they would be taken care of. They were coming with me as a last resort..
    Good man!
    Having the PIN and security question answer has opened the "gates" for me in the past, as well. I'm on my g/f's plan, which was started years ago by her mother when she went to college. Still in mom's name. However, when we bought our Instincts last year, all we needed was the PIN for the account. Bought them in-store on the "pre-release" day that we got for being "premier"...too bad they didn't repeat that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Sorry - I was thinking about the children. The OP was only thinking about himself. Which one of those are you defending with your post?
    I was defending the OP, he wasn't talking about puting his kids in any type of danger, just making them wait in line with him.
    Brutal, just brutal.

But we really don't know anything about the kids. They may very well be teenagers and OP would not feel comfortable leaving them alone in the house. Yes, it is just a phone. But I hardly think that the OP's kids are going to spending their 20's on a therapist's couch sobbing about how their dad woke them up at 4 am one day. Take them to Ihop afterwards and they'll never remember going to Sprint.
  17.    #17  
    ^ Ihop does heal all wounds.. I was thinking of denny's though.. They love their pancakes..
    Quote Originally Posted by superflyrbi View Post
    But we really don't know anything about the kids. They may very well be teenagers and OP would not feel comfortable leaving them alone in the house. Yes, it is just a phone. But I hardly think that the OP's kids are going to spending their 20's on a therapist's couch sobbing about how their dad woke them up at 4 am one day. Take them to Ihop afterwards and they'll never remember going to Sprint.
    Who said anything about the children's safety or mental well being? That's just silly.

The OP, by his own post, seemed so worried about his own personal gratification that the people in his life who are (supposedly) the most important to him appear to be the biggest roadblock to his personal gratification. Since he, as an adult, has at least some control over his personal life (presumably) , one might think it would be possible for him to deal with his self-induced problem in such a manner that the rest of his family doesn't have to suffer from it. Now that he has "confirmation they will be taken care of," he no longer has to fall back to "them coming with him as a last resort" even though a more appropriate "last resort" would be not going until such time as it was convenient for everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by My Precious
    I was defending the OP, he wasn't talking about puting (sic) his kids in any type of danger, just making them wait in line with him.
    Or to put it more correctly - he was willing, no matter what, to unnecessarily inconvenience his wife and children so that he could go camp out in front of a store for his next toy. You didn't defend the OP, you helped him justify his priorities.
  19.    #19  
    Blah blah blah.. My kids are old enough that they would be ok with it if we got to go out to breakfast. That was the only thing they were worried about.
    My wife is a flight attendant and will be out of town, so I asked them if they were ok with coming with me and they said fine. Can we just end the back and forth about this?? Seriously? You have no idea about my family and were jumping to conclusions..

When I told them they were not coming, the were disappointed about not going to Denny's. I had to promise I would stop for something on the way home.
    So what? I mean, are you going to call child protective services on him now? Its one frappin' day, and its something he's waited 6 months for. If he has to think of only himself for just the one day, is that the end of the world? Some moms take their kids to midnight sales after Thanksgiving every year and no one bats an eyelid.
    Please let it go and lets not have any more Debbie Downers

Good point about the account holder reminder, though! That would be a bummer for sure!
    Mobi·gas·mic!