Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Thanks Lulugirl.. The whole point of this post was to let people know that they may need the account owners permission.. My wife called sprint and it is all set for tomorrow! The best thing out of this post was that info about the "authorized user."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Are you really planning to put your kids though this?
    Sorry - I was thinking about the children.
    Who said anything about the children's safety or mental well being?.
    Ummmm you did. The first sentence is an implicit concern about the children's well being and then the other quote affirms that.

Or to put it more correctly - he was willing, no matter what, to unnecessarily inconvenience....
    No matter what? He never said anything of the sort. He illustrated a minor obstacle. No matter what? So if he had to drag his kids, with no shoes, through a snow storm for 5 miles, uphill (both ways) he would do it just to satisfy his needs? What about swimming them across a piranha infested river? Would he do that too?
    Please.
    There are two take-aways from this. 1) you made a rash conclusion without having all the information and, more importantly, 2) arguing over the Internet is pointless.
    Pin and Security Question work for me usually. Also helps that my name is actually on my line that I use. Shame I don't get Primary status though on my plan. I'd like once a year upgrades...
    Quote Originally Posted by Loondog View Post
    I am in a similar situation. The primary name on the account is my wife's and she will not be there in the morning. I called the sprint store and they said that all she had to do is call *2 and make me an "authorized user" on the account who can make changes. She called last night and checked my 'status' and sure enough I was not authorized. She told them to authorize me, and I am all set.
    To make sure you are authorized, login to Sprint.com. If you don't see anything about the bills, you are not an authorized user on the account.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    My 10 year old daughter is MAD at me right now because I wont take her. Its not because she's too young, or 5 a.m. is too early, it's because I have to go to work after.

I wish I could, it would be a cool fun thing for us to do together. Also a kind of geeky thing, but oh well... thats me.
    Quote Originally Posted by welance View Post
    My 10 year old daughter is MAD at me right now because I wont take her. Its not because she's too young, or 5 a.m. is too early, it's because I have to go to work after.

I wish I could, it would be a cool fun thing for us to do together. Also a kind of geeky thing, but oh well... thats me.
    I'll see you at the NFB store hopefully!
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products

Bah bring her and let work know you will be a few minutes late.
  8.    #28  
    Lol.. This is turning into a family thing! Maybe I should bring them!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Is this unique to the Pre? My brother is on my account and walked into a store to get a new phone (discount included) even charged to my account - I wasn't asked. I wonder if they asked him the security question...
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    I'll see you at the NFB store hopefully!
    I was actually thinking the store by the Mckinley Mall. I know they got in 25, not sure about the blvd store. What time are you going?
    I was actually thinking the store by the Mckinley Mall. I know they got in 25, not sure about the blvd store. What time are you going?
    Tonight, not tomorrow morning! If they got 25 in I think I'll head out there. Any idea what the line looks like?

I'll send you a PM with my phone number. We can give line updates if you're interested
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Tonight, not tomorrow morning! If they got 25 in I think I'll head out there. Any idea what the line looks like?

I'll send you a PM with my phone number. We can give line updates if you're interested
    I just pm'd you my number. Give me a call, going to bed at about 9:30, up at 4.
    I check two stores, one said no problem that maybe they would need to call the person. The other store said, not necessary, my name is on the account, that the person who owned the account just needed to be there if I was cancelling. Also if I have the person there, I can change the ownership of the account easily.
    That's nice. Sounds like you don't "have to drag her there at 4:00 am."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12