1.    #1  
    Hey everyone - now that some of you have actually gotten the Pre, can anybody check to see if LogMeIn works with it? I'm holding off on getting one until I can get it verified that LogMeIn works.
    I actually spoke with a logmein person and here is their response.

"Thank you for your inquiry about remote access capabilities for the Palm Pre. The currently available smartphone version of Ignition only supports Apple iPhone and iPod touch devices at this time. We’ll keep you informed as support for additional platforms is made available.

Andrew Stefano
    Community Relationship Manager"

I suggest that if you want to get LMI on the Pre you send emails to him at Andrew.Stefano@logmein.com
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    I actually spoke with a logmein person and here is their response.

"Thank you for your inquiry about remote access capabilities for the Palm Pre. The currently available smartphone version of Ignition only supports Apple iPhone and iPod touch devices at this time. We’ll keep you informed as support for additional platforms is made available.

Andrew Stefano
    Community Relationship Manager"

I suggest that if you want to get LMI on the Pre you send emails to him at Andrew.Stefano@logmein.com
    I also recommend going to the LogMeIn community boards and there is a thread where one of the LogMeIn Admins has asked everyone to comment on their interest in supporting the program on the Pre. The more responses the faster we are going to see it supported.

Here is a link to that thread: LogMeIn client for Palm Prē - LogMeIn Product Announcements - LogMeIn Community
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Thanks for the link. I think it's good to nudge (bug) developers to let them know Pre owners (well, will be in less than 24 hours) are interested in their apps.
  5.    #5  
    Much appreciated on the responses, but has anyone actually tried to do it via logmein.com as opposed to waiting for an app? I'd like to know if it would work regardless because of the ability to access the computer through Java.
  6.    #6  
    bump
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    On the video review yesterday, Darth Pooh made mention of LogMeIn working if you switch it to HTML mode. He said it was kind of quirky, but that it worked on the Pre.

I'd be thrilled to hear a detailed account of just how well it works with the Pre. Anybody want to give it a shot and let us know?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMyPre View Post
    Much appreciated on the responses, but has anyone actually tried to do it via logmein.com as opposed to waiting for an app? I'd like to know if it would work regardless because of the ability to access the computer through Java.
    According to a couple of people, including DarthPoo, it does indeed work. However, you have to change the setting on the PC side to use HTML connection. This method is slower, but works.

I will hopefully be trying this out today....
  9.    #9  
    Can anyone verify that this does indeed work? This would be a huge feature.
    Wouldn't LogMeIn need the SDK (Software Development Kit) for the Pre to develop a better program? The SDK isn't out yet.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

11.    #11  
    I assume they would..but if in the meantime HTML setting works, thats fine by me. Can anyone check if the HTML seting on the host computer allows the Pre to access the computer through logmein.com?
  12.    #12  
    bump again
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I just played with a Pre at a Sprint store, and I logged in to my LMI account. I tried connecting to a computer, but I just got a blank screen after clicking on the computer name.

I'm not exactly sure where I had to go to change the settings for HTML. I couldn't find it in the LMI settings in the browser on the Pre. I wish I could have, though; I would have loved to experience what LogMeIn was like using the Pre.

Anybody with a Pre and a LMI account want to give it a shot?? A screenshot from the Pre (or a video!) would be awesome.
    Ok I tried it... and the preferences bar doesn't show up to the left.

The unit that worked for me was 1.0.1 and the web was 1.0, now I have 1.0.2 FW and Web is still 1.0

I am not sure what the hell is different that isn't allowing those preferences being on the left. However, I did log into it a few weeks ago... I am fairly annoyed now.