Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Went to the local Sprint store around 2pm, walked right in. No line. Apparently they hadn't had anyone come in up to that point. They only got 2-3 in. Lucky me. I didn't even expect to get one, I just wanted to see if they had a display model to see it in person. He let me check it out before buying it, so that was cool.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    Esay peasy!

One big problem!! How doyouclose the USB charge cover?! I can't get it to close!! Ayuda me! Tasuka te! Help!
    I had trouble with this too. Take a look at he photo in the 'getting started guide'. You'll notice that the plastic piece is meant to be pulled out-away from the phone before twisting. I've found that doing this with the slider open is much easier. To close it, make sure its turned back to the right side up and then just push it in til it clicks. Then close the slider and make sure everything is flush. When in doubt, just pull it further out and try again. Hope that helps.
    Showed up at 'bout 6:30am at a store in San Jose. 18th in line. By 7:30, they had passed out numbers for all 45 units that they had in stock, and were taking names/numbers for the waiting list on Monday's expected delivery....
    Saving spot for when it comes to the UK
    Bought mine at Sprint store was #4 in line. Took over an hour for the first two customers to be taken care of. Only 2 sales reps on duty. Once I was waited on, took about an hour to get new account setup and phone initialized. Transfered contacts from Treo 680, on first attempt only A - G was transfered. Sprint rep had a notice concerning this anomoly. After following the instructions and gard resetting the phone, finally got all my contacts. Disppointed only in the fact there is no voice dial, otherwise love it.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Count me with the rest. Beautiful phone.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    arrived at 7:25 AM, was 12th in line. It works as advertised! Store only had one device to transfer contacts from dumbphones to the Pre, so there was an exceedingly long wait to get in the door. I didn't want their hands on my shiny Pre anyway!
    Was one of the first 4 people in line at DC store.... Sprint rep was great.....soooo helpful. My gf couldn't be there and though I am not on her account they let me get 1 for her and charge to her account : ) So far I am VERY happy
    Showed up @ 530. 2nd in line. The whole process was beautiful. The store employees showed up at 6am and started the paperwork. I was out the door at 815. Couldn't be happier with the whole process.
    Quote Originally Posted by spike095 View Post
    I spent a good 2 hours yesterday cleaning up all my Google contacts so I could synergize. Other than that, it's been awesome!
    I think thus is the first time I've seen "synergize" used like this. Have you coineed a "pre-verb"?
    showed up at store about 845 this morning and there was a bunch of people inside and free sodas. they had a sign up list with about 20 spaces per page, I was on the second page, and I think they had two more pages. I was there for about an hour and a half. They ran out while I was checking out. The 2 display models were pretty crappy. One kept trying to play the welcome video, and had green scan lines whenever you did play a video. the other froze and crashed once or twice.
    Their computer system went down under all the stress.
    I didn't bother dealing with contact transfer assuming I would just do that at home.
    Took me all day to find out about the activesync to google exchange server option. would have saved me hours.
    took me a long *** time to go through and link all my google/phone/facebook/aim contacts as well since it didn't do it as automagically as one would hope.

what i've learned through synergy.... I don't know who the **** these people are anymore.

also irked that it's a MICROusb port, not a MINIusb port, so none of my old adapters work as I had hoped they would.

all in all it was a less painful experience than when I signed up with sprint originally and got the moto Q, and I'm pretty happy with the phone so far.
    Walked up to a radioshack at 830am and they opened about 5 mins later, and the immediately started setting mine up. I called lastnight to see how many they got and had them hold one for me. Took quite a while to set it up though, as i was transferring my number from verizon to sprint. But boy am I glad i did it. the whole time I was there people were calling in to see if they had any in stock. They only received 5 phones, all were gone by the time i left.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I walked into the NYC Fiff Ave. & 23rd St. Sprint store around 6 PM today just to check out the brouhaha. There was a short line to demo the 2 Pres on display. I did not like the keyboard at all. The width of my thumb took up 4 keys, and I did not like the feel of the keys. Didn't have enough time to use the other functions because there were people waiting behind me.
    Last edited by glenada; 06/06/2009 at 08:49 PM. Reason: spelling
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I went into my Sprint store at 1:00 pm and got the last Pre. I got lucky as heck!!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Got to the sprint store around 5:45pm after work just hoping to get one. Found out that they were sold out does anyone know when the next shipments should be in?
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    "I got my pre" at the orange park best buy where there were only three available :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Got in line at 7, store opened at 8, by the time I left there were still a bunch of Pre's left, but I snagged one of the last touchstones.
    It wasn't me officer, I swear.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    I walked into the NYC Fiff Ave. & 23rd St. Sprint store around 6 PM today just to check out the brouhaha. There was a short line to demo the 2 Pres on display. I did not like the keyboard at all. The width of my thumb took up 4 keys, and I did not like the feel of the keys. Didn't have enough time to use the other functions because there were people waiting behind me.
    the keyboard isn't all that great but it takes some getting used to.. i am coming from a blackberry bold so the keyboard size difference is major for me
    Use a Centro for a month then use the Pre. It will feel GREAT!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post

did yo0u type something?

big hands i do have, and from the second (yes the second) i typed on the demo the sprint employee had, i had no other issue other than me shifting the comma key.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast