Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    My port happen quickly. I move from tmo. I had to call them to get my account number. After they gave it to me eric informed me that now I could get my bill reduced by 10 bucks. I told him I was leaving_ he really tried hard to convince me to stay, ha ha.

I guess that didn't work.

Typing this on the pre_charging and using the phone on amtrak.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    my port from att went thru almost instantly. Loading up my mp3s and photos now. This phone rocks!
    Add me to the pile...times three.

The wife and I got to the Sprint store at 7:00 am today and there were four people in front of us. There were 20 or so in line by 8am. We got in at 8am and were waited on immediately.

We got three Pre's total - one to replace/upgrade my Sprint Treo 700p and then two more - one each for my wife and daughter, replacing their Tmobile phones. We are now on one family plan...and actually saving money and getting way more in terms of service. We also bought three Touchstones, although only one TS was in stock...the other two are being mailed to me. It took about two and a half hours to activate all three phones and port two numbers over from T-mobile. The numbers then ported over nearly immediately.

Bizarre thing, I am a long-term Sprint customer who has been off-contract for years...and I paid 299 for my Pre...and the wife and daughter only had to pay $249 since they were new Sprint customers. Seems odd...but I guess Sprint really needs the new customers.

All-in-all, great experience. The Sprint folks were super nice and all had a great attitude. The girls *LOVE* their new phones. They can't stop playing with them. My daughter is figuring everything out now, while my wife is watching a streaming full episode of Monk on her Pre...ignoring the 46" HDTV within ten feet of her.

BTW, one of our phones had software version 1.0.2 and the other two did not...so you might want to use the "update" app to check if you picked up a new Pre. It's a trim 67MB download. As you can see in the pic, one of our three boxes had a different picture on it, so that may be a version with the older software.

cheers,
    Steve
    Last edited by scuba_steve; 06/06/2009 at 11:12 AM.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    AWESOME!!! Got to my Sprint store in Point Loma area of San Diego around 4:45am. I was number 2 in line. By 8am over 20 people in line.

LOVE THIS PRE! Charging it up on the Touchstone now. What an elegant piece of hardware. You can see Jon Rubinstein's Apple fingerprints all over this product...right down to the 'Apple-like' packaging. AWESOME!!!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Got to corporate store at 7:15. They opened at 8:00. There were 11 other people in front of me (9 actually getting the Pre), so I was technically 10th in line! I figured I was safe, even though they wouldn't tell me the day before how many they were getting. Numbers 1 and 2, an older couple, had been there since closing time the night before...there ain't no way! I'm guessing everybody else showed up this AM. About three more people showed up behind me before opening. At 1/4 to 8:00 employee came out and said we were definitely all getting them! Whew...

They took the first group in at 8:00, while the rest of us milled about the store and got to play with the demos and accessories. Spent about 50 minutes in store waiting my turn, but when I was up, I was in and out quickly. I really didn't need much instruction, etc.

Ending up getting way too many accessories, when I hadn't planned on any. Got the Pre, car charger, leather holster case, and Touchstone. I actually got the last Touchstone in the store! When they got it out of lockup, they announced to everyone else that the last one had been sold but more would be coming next week. So, I was happy I got it. Very happy after I struggled with the charging port. That thing is an accident waiting to happen. It looks like it will break with no problem. Not happy about that! Glad for the charger now, so I don't have to mess with it (although I did have to use it to connect via USB to my mac).

Off to play some more!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Oops. Doing update, which looks like it will take about 10 minutes!
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDave View Post
    AWESOME!!! Got to my Sprint store in Point Loma area of San Diego around 4:45am. I was number 2 in line. By 8am over 20 people in line.

LOVE THIS PRE! Charging it up on the Touchstone now. What an elegant piece of hardware. You can see Jon Rubinstein's Apple fingerprints all over this product...right down to the 'Apple-like' packaging. AWESOME!!!

Yes, although I must say that I was shocked to find out that the touchstone does not come with a power cord. Instead, you must use the one that came with the phone. I am disappointed. I thought that we would drop 70 beans (less 20% to be fair...cool rep) for the TS and then have a second charger for the office. No such luck. All the you get with the touchstone is that actual base and a back cover. No means to plug it in. That is a very lame move on Palm's part IMHO.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    BTW, one of our phones had software version 1.0.2 and the other two did not...
    Yep. I had the same box as that one of yours and I had to do the update, so I think you are right.
    I got mine at a new franchise store, one of the smaller ones. I was the 5th person in line and got the last one. people ahead of me bout two each. the manager said they were only sent a limited amount.
    Got my Pre! Already wore the battery down and have it charging. Not to sound like a total moron, but is there a way to turn it on while it's charging?

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    SUNSPOT
    Arena Rock for Geeks
    My wife now has her Pre. I have to wait a few months before I get mine, but I have a few months to play with hers

Kudos to Chris at my local Sprint store for holding one for me. Was up and running at 10am this morning I got to the store at about 8:10 and had to wait 4 other people in front of me, but that was fine as I had the chance to play with Chris's Pre.

Only thing I am noticing right now is that it seems to be slow (real slow) at charging. But perhaps it's because it's the first time.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Yeah, just press and hold the power button. The phone will boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida View Post
    Yeah, just press and hold the power button. The phone will boot.
    Thanks. I tried that and it didn't work... Maybe it's just in the "too low" zone and doesn't have enough power to boot up yet?
    SUNSPOT
    Arena Rock for Geeks
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunspotwendy View Post
    Thanks. I tried that and it didn't work... Maybe it's just in the "too low" zone and doesn't have enough power to boot up yet?

Is it still displaying the big battery on the screen, or is it up to the PALM logo yet?

Also, mine took 2 hours from dead to charge last night, and that was while I was using it as well.
    I arrived at my sprint store at 630 and was fourth in line. The three people in front of me got there at 5. Most people started getting there after 7. There was about 20-25 at 8. I got my Pre at 802 and had it all set up and contact list transferred from my Instinct by 815. This was the smoothest transition between phones I've ever had. My store only had 13 touchstones and they were all gone in 5 minutes (I got one ) This thing is even more impressive in person. The videos just don't do it justice. I've already synced my iTunes library, messed with the available apps and all that. Love it, money well spent!
    Is it still displaying the big battery on the screen, or is it up to the PALM logo yet?

Also, mine took 2 hours from dead to charge last night, and that was while I was using it as well.
    It's still displaying the giant battery...
    SUNSPOT
    Arena Rock for Geeks
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunspotwendy View Post
    It's still displaying the giant battery...
    Wait til the battery goes away. Then it should power on. It might do it by itself - I think mine did.
    Wait til the battery goes away. Then it should power on. It might do it by itself - I think mine did.
    Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it!
    SUNSPOT
    Arena Rock for Geeks
    Got mine too, very pleased, but I read where someone didnt have to manually add their yahoo account, I tried and I keep getting a security error, and by the way you may want to read the important safety and legal booklet very interesting read.
    yep. it rules, got mine at 8 am sharp, second in line.

only issue is i haven't figured out how to load a self signed cert for my exchange account yet.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast