Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Waiting on my Pre to port over. Feels like eternity. The sprint store I went to only had 6, so I was lucky mine was reserved. I'd be pretty pissed if I was a current customer, all 6 phones were reserved for new customers. They told all the current customers to show up at 8 and just had them order phones, while I walked up and they handed mine over. Oh well, got mine!
    Got mine! I arrived at the store at 8:05 am...not a soul in sight. The door was still locked---I had to knock on the window to get the attention of the staff. Only one other person arrived while I was there. The joys of small town Kansas!
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Just got back from the Sprint store - sizable line, we were seventh and eighth of about 15-20 people that showed up (at 7:30, all the employees went out for a final smoke break, and the manager came out and told us that there were plenty of phones for everyone, which caused everyone to breathe a sigh of relief). The Sprint crew was really friendly and looked like they were having fun with the lunacy happening around them. Our sale got held up by an internet block on one of our phones that the rep had to call into sales support to get lifted, which took a good twenty to thirty minutes - I'm sure the call center was getting pounded.

My dad and I each got a Pre and a Touchstone, we got the last two Touchstones in the store.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Got mine...But no EVDO coverage in at work!! I have to wait till 5 to update/sync etc.
    Hey Everyone! Typing to you from my Pre! I was second in line at my Sprint store! Could've been first if I didn't go to get McDonald's. Good luck everyone!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Yaaay there only a few ppl at my store. Got it all activated. This thibg rocls. It is a bit loose. But nothibg to cry over
    Got to my local Sprint dealer on South Broadway in Yonkers, NY at 7:20 am, even though store said it wouldn't open until 9. My infant son and I sat in the car in front of the store - no one was there - until just before 8:00 when the employees showed up. They opened up at just after 8 and I was the first to get my Pre. They said that they had 15-20 and had presold some. I thought presales were not permitted? Anyway - it's fabulous! Love it. Trying to figure out how I want to sync contacts. Listening to Pandora now. Already downloaded a bunch of apps (NYTimes, Accuweather, Tweed, Pandora). Go Palm! After 12 years I'm still a happy user.
    We got my wife's Pre at about 8:30am ET. We had to stand in line for a few minutes and wait on our favorite rep but, all in all, things went well.

I've attached a picture of our 'line' at the local Speedway, IN Sprint Store.

Thanks to my man Chris for hooking us up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Long wait, store didn't open til 8:45 but I got it.
    It is beautiful.
    Ohmanohmanohman! I got it!!! I arrived at 7AM & was THE FIRST! My BB only received 5, so...yeah. They didn't get any Touchstone chargers, though. Off to Sprint to fix that! More soon.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Got to my Sprint store at about 5am and there were already 2 people there...just sitting in their cars so I got out with my chair and sat by the entrance thus making me numero uno in line! Our store at 22 Pre's and by 8am they were all spoken for but anyone who came shortly after 8 were guaranteed the next shipment as they arrived so even those folks shouldn't be waiting long....

This phone is freaking incredible!
    Got my Pre Today! Upgraded from the ol' trusty treo 755.... Hope to enjoy this forum!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by utdps View Post
    Waiting on my Pre to port over. Feels like eternity. The sprint store I went to only had 6, so I was lucky mine was reserved. I'd be pretty pissed if I was a current customer, all 6 phones were reserved for new customers. They told all the current customers to show up at 8 and just had them order phones, while I walked up and they handed mine over. Oh well, got mine!
    Pretty much the same situation here, can't even turn it on yet!

My rep totally hooked me up, great experience.

Now just have to keep trying my old phone until it stops working and head back to the store to wrap things up.

Bye bye Verizon!
    Pre, Touchstone, Car Charger, and Palm Holster. Nice.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    YAY - got me a Pre!

Went to stand in line at 6:45 a.m. - there were 7 people in front of me, one had been there since 3:30 a.m. Line never got longer than about 30 people. It was very relaxed and the Sprint corporate store I went to was large and friendly.

Had no issues with activation - just a minor issue with transferring my contacts from my old Samsung phone to the Pre. I'll figure it out though - I am so thrilled to have the Pre in hand!! And Sprint service works brilliantly in my apartment - even in the dead zones I had before with my Verizon phone.
    got it from Radioshack at Hampton@12th in Dallas, they have 9 in stock (now 8), no line, nice process.

Man, if gizmodo think this phone looks "cheap, light", they must be blind.

Its great!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Posting this from the Pre! Got it at the San Francisco store on Mission St. Got there at 6:15 and were the first ones there. Five minutes later and the line started to form. About 25 people were in line by opening time. They only had 8 touchstones in stock_ so I'm glad we got there early.
    Finallly have my Pre. I LOVE IT!
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Was in line at 5am for the ONE phone that the local best buy had. I think everyone knew as the sprint store had about 20 people in front. All of the Best Buy mobile types were hovering around watching the activation, so far, fantastic, now if I can just get my contacts off of my Instinct!
    First to leave my store with one, Even though I was 9th in line... It's rebooting now frpm 1.0.2 update... Absolutely love it so far!
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast