Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Have to be at work at 9, so that would be cutting it close.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Just an FYI for those who were wondering, phone takes about 2 hours to charge from dead (as in, it self-powered off lol) with the micro usb charger. I have a touchstone, so we'll take that for a test run when it dies again. Also, I've been using it the whole time it's been charging, so keep that in mind as well.
    As I prepared to go and camp out tonight... my friend got word at a closed Sprint Store that we could head to the Beverly Hills Launch Party without an invite... we went over and I got my Pre no problem... I will still be up all night playing with my Pre!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Nice, jenkies! Picked one up about 8:30pm as well...Staff was very calm, very nice, took about 8 min total to be activated. The palm account setup is very short and painless. The store said they got 300 in total--200 for the release party and 100 for tomorrow morning. At 8:30 they had 71 left out of the 200... It's a big/popular store...they'll go -immediately- in the AM.

Really like it so far, few minor things, and there is a bit of a learning curve simply because it's a new thing for me (us) but definitely -much- more positives than negatives.

Hats off to the Sprint team at the store I got it for putting up with all the sleazy Hollywood types name-dropping, generally acting stupid, and taking full advantage of the vast quantities of alcohol there. But I'm not complaining at all- I was out of there in under 20 min. for the entire thing.

Good luck everyone tomorrow

Edit:

Oh, the Touchstone is really cool, the matte back cover is much better looking as well. Just be careful inserting the mini-USB into the Touchstone- it caught an edge inside and almost broke...just FYI, use care when y'all set it up
    Last edited by Always; 06/06/2009 at 03:34 AM.
    Got mine!!

Crashed the Seattle party and got right in! Got a free beer and went to set up an account. Had some problems porting my number from helio though so i just told em gimme a new number.
    Then they were having a bunch of problems dng god knows what else.

Finally got account set up, turn on the phone and it won't activate XD
    everyone else was having the same problem so just went home and i'll try turning it on again a lil later or in the morning
    Crashed the LA party (At 11:10pm no less )...store rep said I would have to come in tomorrow because the system was "down," called in the manager and 15 minutes later... New Pre!!!

I can't get my Exchange server in though...it does not like servers without SSL...

Edit: I did want to mention that the store I was in moved almost 200 Pre's last night... They said the beat the other 9 stores in sales!
    Last edited by Eguy; 06/06/2009 at 04:19 AM.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Crashed the LA party (At 11:10pm no less )...store rep said I would have to come in tomorrow because the system was "down," called in the manager and 15 minutes later... New Pre!!!

I can't get my Exchange server in though...it does not like servers without SSL...

Edit: I did want to mention that the store I was in moved almost 200 Pre's last night... They said the beat the other 9 stores in sales!

Man, can't wait to get my hands on that thing. How's it working out for you?
    I crash the LA party too! I totally walk right in like a rockstar. They said "Your name sir?" and I said "Perez" and they said "we dont have you on the list", and I said "there must be some mistake" and I pulled out my phone to get my "email" and they said "ok..." and just wrote my name down on this list! and the rest is history!

oh by the way, I asked the rep how many units they think they sold that night and he said about 260!! He followed that up with "they have plenty more..."
    Last edited by sonnyvsp; 06/06/2009 at 05:29 AM.
    Update: retried activating about anhour ago and worked fine. Been playing since then and its great!! So for all you people that didn't want the reps helping you out just hope the system is busy tomorrow and you can go home and do it all yourself like me
    Whooo North Jersey, North Bergen store. GOT MY PRE! Enjoying it very much. Gotta get use to new period location.
    Got mine! This thing is awesome
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Count me in. First in line at 8am.
    i too got it
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Sitting in sprint on the pre while wife activates hers, so sweet
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Just got home with mine. I'm charging the battery while coffee is brewing. I didn't have a Premier card for 25% off but I did have the Spring 09 Sprint Connection that was sent out. It mentioned getting 25% off on accessories. The Sprint rep said that would work. He walked away, came back a minute later and with a 50% off coupon and said he would give me that since I was his first customer at the store. Woo hoo.
    For all those getting their's later, might want to inquire about a 50% off coupon that the stores have. It's about the dimensions of a credit card.
    My store had 65 Pre's in stock. I was second in line when store opened, about 25 people behind me. The store is in Cary, NC at Crossroads Plaza.
    Second in line, first out the door with a Preat my local store in Hickory, NC.
    got the pre. had to get approve, and since I'm porting I didn't get the readynow speal. took aaout 45 ,min.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Got 2 Pre's, took 41 minutes out the door. Was second in line at Amherst store just outside Buffalo NY. Google contacts downloaded my 70+ contacts within a minute.
    First in line out of about 30 people.. Got mine. In and out of the store within 15 minutes! The phone is beautiful.. It is on the touchstone right now!
    I got my Pre!!!! I will say it is better than I thought.
    There were about 10 people in line by 8. I was there at 6.
    No instant rebate and the touchstore was 70 not 50.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast