Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida View Post
    At the NYC launch party typing this from my Pre
    DAmn! I never got an invite for some dumb reason.

How is it?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Anyone have questions for Dave Whalen? Senior VP Global sales for palm. I'm standing next to him
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Anyone have questions for Dave Whalen? Senior VP Global sales for palm. I'm standing next to him
    Yeah - what can he tell us about expected inventory tomorrow at Sprint stores? And how fast will depleted supplies be replenished?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Tim Donahue of Sprint says supplies are good through the weekend, and then stores will be replenished every 2 to 3 days. He said they are setting up waitlists in the stores, anf basing shipments on demand
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Tim Donahue of Sprint says supplies are good through the weekend, and then stores will be replenished every 2 to 3 days. He said they are setting up waitlists in the stores, anf basing shipments on demand
    Thanks. Well hopefully I'll still be able to get one in the early afternoon. (Of all days - I have to attend a seminar in the morning from 7:30 to 1:30pm.) Thanks again for the info.
    Got mine at the Atlanta launch party. Got John Abraham and Michael Turner's (Falcons) autographs. Chatted up the VP of retail sales for Southeast region. Super device. Sitting on the touchstone right now. Will play more tomorrow.

My rep was the manager of another Atlanta store. The one I was at had 140 for tonight. The Kennesaw store she managed had 80 for tomorrow morning.

Good luck everyone!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    So, for those that have them now. Thoughts? Everything you expected? An issues?
    So jealous.
    anf basing shipments on demand
    The first misspelling from a Pre!!!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_pre View Post
    BISP
    Sure, the Pre is BISP all the way!! But $70 for the touchstone? BOHICA!!!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    DAmn! I never got an invite for some dumb reason.

How is it?
    It was very low-key aside from the valet attendants standing outside the store. Munchies, wine, beer, and football players. I got interviewed by some guy from newsweek, so we'll see what gets attributed to me. I can't wait lol!
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spike095 View Post
    Just confirmed they ARE shipping with v1.01 out of box -- 1.02 update is available and connects just fine. Updating now...
    Me too. Sucker gets warm when it's charging too!

I'll see how long 1.02 takes. In the meantime...back to work.

bj
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyFripple View Post
    The first misspelling from a Pre!!!
    LOL, I didn't think of it like that, I was just trying to get his answer down before I forgot the specifics!

Oh, and does anyone else have a Yahoo! e-mail account set up on their Pre? I just typed in my e-mail address and password, and it started downloading all my unread e-mails. I thought I had to set up imap or pop. . . guess not.
    Why DO i have to wait til Tuesday!!!!! ARG!!!!! (in my best Garfield)
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I had to look up BISP and BOHICA on google. and now i totally agree on both regards
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nora View Post
    So, for those that have them now. Thoughts? Everything you expected? An issues?
    The usual people have mentioned in reviews -- lags randomly from time to time (no crashes yet though!) and I spent a good 2 hours yesterday cleaning up all my Google contacts so I could synergize. Other than that, it's been awesome!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    We all have seen so many videos, the Pre is exactly what you think it is. It feels great in the hand. The screen is beautiful. The camera is impressive for 3MP. It syncs exchange, facebook, etc., very nicely. The keyboard is tiny and recessed, but workable. Already had to reset it once because it wouldn't bring up Web pages. The call quality is excellent. I can't think of anything that you don't know already.
    It's probably too late for those on the east coast, but if there's a launch party near you - just go to it.

i went to the one in DC and had no problem purchasing a Pre on June 5th. Got a touchstone too. I went in around 9:45pm and it was pretty quiet. I'm a new customer with no premier status and they seemed very pleased to sell me a pre.

just FYI, y'all. the pre is really sweet.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Wow i can't wait to get mine. To bad i work till 5:30 tomorrow, hope they still have some left.
    What time do you start work? Sprint stores open at 8am tmrrw
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast