Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Yes I have my pre

I woke up around 7am drove about 10-15min to my local Sprint store when I got there around 725am I could see a line outside the store i hurried and parked my car I got out and got in line. I was happy excited and i could hear others speaking about the pre lol. Store workers came out and started asking each cust. how many pres they want and if we are going to upgrade or buy any chargers or holders for our pres. then handed us a piece a paper stating if you have one ur getting one I was number 22 in line. Our store had a 75 units once the store opened up they would only let 10 cust. at a time to get their pre. I was outside waiting while a palm employee was outside answering our questions plus he had a pre in his hand and passed it down the line to play with it before we had our own. He stated he had the pre for about three months if he told any one he had one he would be charged a lot more that he makes in a year plus maybe jail time he was not joking lol Once inside it took about 15 min to get my pre and have everything transfered over it was great! I walked out side with my pre in my hand and everyone kept asking can i see it can i see it I said dont worry you will get ur own very soon.

I love my pre!
    Well - Arighty then....
    Welcome to PreC

Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    1. My name is Khalid Draper.
    2. My forum username is taalibeen.
    3. I post to the forums about 0 times per day (just joined and just picked up my PrPrPr&#$275$;).
    4. I believe I could post about 2-3 posts per day.
    5. I own a PrPrPr&#$275$;.
    6. I’m an Oracle database administrator with fourteen years experience in the IT field. My PrPrPr&#$275$;$vious$ $phone$ $was$ $a$ $Palm$ $Centro$, $one$ $much$ $beloved$ $to$ $me$. $Checking$ $e$-$mail$, $updating$ $my$ $calendar$, $keeping$ $track$ $of$ $friends$ $and$ $family$ $via$ $Facebook$, $and$ $staying$ $abreast$ $of$ $what$$s$ $going$ $on$ $in$ $the$ $world$ $via$ $CNN$ $and$ $other$ $online$ $news$ $media$ $fills$ $my$ $normal$ $daily$ $smartphone$ $experience$.
    7. Here is a sample post:

In Search Of My PrPrPr&#$275$;-$cious$

I’m relatively new to the PrPrPr&#$275$; $scene$, $having$ $just$ $become$ $actively$ $interested$ $in$ $it$ $and$ $joining$ $the$ $forum$ $about$ $a$ $week$ $ago$.

I knew about it, and how it was being touted as yet another “I Phone killer” but hadn’t yet been struck with PrPrPr&#$275$;$mania$ $until$ $seeing$ $some$ $of$ $the$ $YouTube$ $Pr$&#$275$; $videos$ $posted$ $by$ $the$ $Invisible$ $Man$.

All of a sudden, my right index finger began to twitch – that familiar signal my body always gives me to alert me that there’s something I want really bad. The last time it happened, was the first time I saw my wife!

Somehow, June 6 arrived and I was able to maintain composure and spend the entire day at home, relaxing with my wife.

Sunday morning, however, I awoke extremely early. Okay, 9 o’clock IS extremely early for us on a weekend. Anyway, I awoke feeling like Gollum from the Lord of the Rings - in need of my PrPrPr&#$275$;-$cious$. $The$ $day$ $before$ $I$ $had$ $called$ $to$ $verify$ $the$ $hours$ $of$ $the$ $Sprint$ $store$ $for$ $a$ $Sunday$, $yet$ $I$ $found$ $myself$ $double$, $even$ $triple$ $checking$ $to$ $make$ $sure$ $I$$d$ $get$ $there$ $before$ $the$ $last$ $Pr$&#$275$; $was$ $taken$. $The$ $store$ $would$ $open$ $at$ $1$ $PM$.

As I waited for my wife to get ready, I tried not to appear too agitated, as it was already 12:45. I gave her a pleasant smile as she went through her usual routine, thinking to myself “clothes are an unnecessary formality, just put on some shoes and let’s go!”

Finally, we arrived at the store and by some great act of Divine Providence which I’m sure I don’t deserve - they still had some PrPrPr&#$275$;$s$ $in$ $stock$! $It$ $would$ $have$ $been$ $a$ $quick$ $process$ $too$, $had$ $it$ $not$ $been$ $for$ $a$ $system$ $crash$ $approximately$ $one$ $minute$ $into$ $making$ $the$ $necessary$ $changes$ $in$ $the$ $Sprint$ $system$.

So, twenty minutes passed before we were able to begin again. In that meantime, I had more time to play with the display model.

We did the initial setup and I opted for the Sprint rep not to transfer my contacts and etc as in anticipation of the change, I had already moved all of my contacts to my Gmail account knowing that the PrPrPr&#$275$; $would$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $automatically$ $pull$ $them$ $from$ $there$.

So I was out the door with my mistress, um, I mean my new phone.

The first thing my wife asked of me upon leaving the store was to take a picture of her with my new phone. I took it, we looked at it, and were both amazed! The clarity of the picture was astounding, as good as our digital camera.

Maybe it was because it was an exceptionally bright and sunny day, but I’m thinking that it has a lot to do with the special image enhancing software the PrPrPr&#$275$; $supposedly$ $has$ $working$ $behind$ $the$ $camera$. $After$ $all$, $the$ $camera$ $is$ $a$ $3$ $megapixel$ $camera$, $but$ $the$ $pictures$ $look$ $more$ $like$ $8$!

Since yesterday, I haven’t had a lot of time to play with her, I mean it, you know – the PrPrPr&#$275$;. $I$ $resisted$ $the$ $urge$ $to$ $lock$ $myself$ $in$ $a$ $room$ $with$ $the$ $Pr$&#$275$; $and$ $discover$ $all$ $her$ $secrets$$and$ $spent$ $a$ $nice$ $and$ $productive$ $Sunday$ $afternoon$ $with$ $my$ $wife$ $and$ $friends$.

So, as I venture forth with PrPrPr&#$275$; $in$ $palm$, $I$$ll$ $be$ $adding$ $more$ $about$ $my$ $experiences$.

Until then – keep PrPrPr&#$275$;-$ing$….
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    A little late to the "pre" party here. I wasn't actually going to get one, although I knew I would want one. Went to the store at around 6:45 pm on Saturday (just happened to be passing by) so I stopped in to look at it. Left the store knowing that I really wanted one. Went to Radio Shack on Sunday and got it. No waiting in line, no drama, no $100 mail in rebate. $199+ tax out the door. Now I don't have to do the whole mail in thing. Very happy! Gotta say, I've been an iPhone user since the beginning, and I like this better.

I was pretty surprised that so many stores had them left. You'd think being in Los Angeles, everyone would want one. LOL But our local stores were saying they got in around 80-90 each, give or take.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    I had to look up BISP and BOHICA on google. and now i totally agree on both regards
    All I have to say is LOL! Good ol' Google.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    I talked my wife into getting one of these devices with me and then convinced her to sit out in front of Best Buy from 5:30 in the morning until the store opened. At least we got the first two of the 11 Pre's they had.

At least this device lives up to the hype. It is all-encompassing. I guess the folks at Palm really did read the open letter written by Engadget.
    Just got mine today after the WWDC announcement.
    Nothing Earth shattering so buh-bye iPhone, hello Pre.

This thing is just plain awesome!
    Just happened into the local Sprint store today in search of a car charger for an LG Rumor I was borrowing from a friend (crappy touchscreen on my HTC Touch Diamond went out) and was lucky enough to come across a Pre. After a few minutes of playing around with it, I was on my way home with a beautiful new toy. So far I have found some quirks, but definitely liking it more than my Diamond already!!!
  8. UserOne
    Got one for myself last Sunday and have been playing with it ever since. My trusty old Treo 755p still has quite a bit of life in it and works just fine, but after playing with TealOS for a few months now... I just gotta have a Pre hehe.

L8R all
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    I'm in Canada so I will have to wait a while to get my Pre. But just to fuel my interest, for those of you with the Pre...does the hardware feel like a Treo Pro? Like the plastic quality and everything? Because I have fondeled a Treo Pro and I thought it felt really good in the hand. I have read reviews that say it feels plasticky and that worries me a little bit.
  10. UserOne
    Quote Originally Posted by wmp.dll View Post
    I'm in Canada so I will have to wait a while to get my Pre. But just to fuel my interest, for those of you with the Pre...does the hardware feel like a Treo Pro? Like the plastic quality and everything? Because I have fondeled a Treo Pro and I thought it felt really good in the hand. I have read reviews that say it feels plasticky and that worries me a little bit.
    There is no denying that the Pre is plastic, but it doesn't feel like a cheap plastic. A good example is that you won't hear the case creak or crack when you go to press a button or side the keyboard out. I have never "fondled" a Treo Pro, so I'm not sure I can really make a good comparison there hehe.

I must say the Pre is a major fingerprint magnet and the keyboard does take some getting used to. However, in the two days I have owned mine I am already back to 75-80% of my old Treo 755p typing speed & accuracy.
    I got my Pre today. I walked into a Sprint store expecting to be placed on a waiting list, and was surprised to be offered one of the the two they had just received that day. No touchstones though. I switched from AT&T and the porting and sign-up went as smooth as can be. The whole process took less than 20 minutes.

The Pre really does feel like an extension of your hand. I can't seem to put it down. I love my iPhone 3G (still do), but right now, it just seems "clunky". I'm fortunate to not have any of the hardware problems reported, and I love the keyboard!

As for the software, the browser is very nice, but I can't seem to find a way to rearrange my bookmarks. Also, why can't I delete some of the preloaded apps? Since I got the Pre, I've been trying to delete the Nascar app to no avail.

This truly is a wonderful smartphone. As an iPhone user, I'm liking my Pre just a little bit more atm. IMO, it's a bit more fun and exciting to use without any loss of productivity.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I got my Pre yesterday (monday after launch), and the Sprint reseller who handles our corprate account got both phones (i got one for my wife as well) at the full discount (my wife wasn't eligible for a couple of months,). He stayed up till 5 in the morning when sprint opended up ordering portal for thier resellers (contrary to some of the rumors there were about 10,000 available for reseller,) and grabbed 37 pre's for his customers. His colleagues who slept in are waiting. He is even throwing in sprint brand car chargers because I didn't get it on launch day. Quality service and worth delaying the desire for instant gratifacation.

Now that I have my hands on this I love it, I have to admit I was worried reading some of the unfortunate experiences of some on this forum and others, and after picking up a chincy feeling unit at the Sprint store on launch day (I couldn't stay away). Every thing is smooth so far, outside of telling my wife that google will be her new contacts database from now on.

Of the common complaints, The feel of the unit is better than what I encountered at the store, makes me wonder if store demo units are factory seconds.

The keyboard is just fine for me and my wife, I am use to the tre pro wich I use for work and I am already more skilled with the pre.

my phones either came with or updated really fast to 1.0.2 so I haven't really experienced any software glitches.

There are already more apps in the app cataloge than I thought.

so fare this phone is meeting and exceeding my expectations, and I am already ticking off the iCult memebers in my life when I tell them I don't need to be locked into the Apple ecosystem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychee View Post
    The Pre really does feel like an extension of your hand. I can't seem to put it down. I love my iPhone 3G (still do), but right now, it just seems "clunky". I'm fortunate to not have any of the hardware problems reported, and I love the keyboard!...
    This truly is a wonderful smartphone. As an iPhone user, I'm liking my Pre just a little bit more atm. IMO, it's a bit more fun and exciting to use without any loss of productivity.
    As another iPhone owner (also from the original launch, and a 3G) the Pre does feel somehow more 'elegant' than the iPhone. I'm not sure about the extension of the hand thing, nbut it seems to just 'fit' in the hand very comfortably.

Also much better for pocketing. I'm not sure why the slight difference in size should matter that much, but it does!
    this can be unstickied. no?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darrylb1 View Post
    i'm approaching fifty. for those who do not know, vision changes during the forties. small things start to become hard to see for everybody older than 40. that means small size text on web pages, especially, is near impossible to see after 40. it will happen to each of you too!! no one gets away from the problem with seeing small things on screen. so reading glasses are the universal solution.

i don't "need" glasses, i have better than 20/20 vision.
    i've always thought that the "killer app" that would make smartphones really explode beyond their 1% marketshare would allow middle age adults, a group who can easily afford smartphones, to actually see what's on the screen. this is the true "ergonomic" issue.

question, is a web page on the palm pre's screen visible to someone age 50+ or will that demographic simply end up with an expensive plain old phone because they can't use, see the other features?
    Darry; I'm 42 and since the screen is so crisp, I can read it. I too have 20/20 TODAY. : ] Since it has multitouch you can "zoom" into finer text if needed.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post

I forgot to mention that there were 70ish right before I went in and about 100 when I walked out with the first unit

Did they let you keep the numbered ticket? I'm a packrat, and I would've framed it and put it in my office if I had #1.
    _

-
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmfood View Post
    Darry; I'm 42 and since the screen is so crisp, I can read it. I too have 20/20 TODAY. : ] Since it has multitouch you can "zoom" into finer text if needed.
    I love the fact that when I am on a webpage, rather than "zooming" in, I can just touble tap to the area I wan't to read, and it zooms in automatically to fill my screen with the width of the column! Then just scroll to read as neeed. Double tap again to zoom back out. I use that ALL the time!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nora View Post
    I love the fact that when I am on a webpage, rather than "zooming" in, I can just touble tap to the area I wan't to read, and it zooms in automatically to fill my screen with the width of the column! Then just scroll to read as neeed. Double tap again to zoom back out. I use that ALL the time!
    Have you tried the "finger pinch" zoom as well?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fitzla View Post
    Have you tried the "finger pinch" zoom as well?
    Oh absolutely, I just find it easier to double tap on most of the pages I am on.
    After two and a half years on a Blackberry Pearl (after five years of Treos... 180, 270, 600, 650), Palm has brought me back. Got my Pre Saturday morning.

Now if only they'd release that SDK...
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast