1.    #1  
    Was reading on jkontherun that KT was calling around Houston and getting bad news on inventory. Virtually none available. I called my local store and they would not confirm anything (nor did either store have any in stock when I dropped by yesterday). I am buying from an affiliate store and I called - they are expecting them, but they are not physically in the store yet.

Maybe some of you that have "insiders" could check to see if your contacts can actually confirm stock. It is not looking good here in Texas unless there are literally 100's in transit as I type.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Every place I have called so far has given me this answer, "We don't know how many we will have since we don't have them yet". I find this hard to believe. If I was to guess, I would say that Sprint has told store reps to give a generic answer.
    I just got back from a sprint store by me. The manager told me the same thing.. He did tell me that it was going to be insane and that I should get there at 5am. He said he would be in at 6am and may open then to just get ahead in the process..
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I got the same answer from my closest Sprint store. He "hinted" that that particular store was larger than most so it should have better inventory. I'm hoping he was just trying to covertly tell me that there'll be one waiting for me in the morning :P
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I was at a sprint store yesterday to get my touch pro checked out and i asked an associate there and they had them already and he said that they would have enough and that they should'nt sell out.
    My Sprint store just called to remind me to be there early....they have about 40 units!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Sprint has to realize that even though we're buying a Sprint Pre this week, this experience may be a deciding factor in 2yrs when it's time to renew our contracts.

Hiding inventory numbers from the very customers who are keeping you in business is silly. We're upgrading cell-plans, letting you "borrow" $100 in rebates, signing 2yr contracts and willing to waste Saturday morning sitting on cement for you. The least you could do is make it easy to figure out where we can buy your darn phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Sprint has to realize that even though we're buying a Sprint Pre this week, this experience may be a deciding factor in 2yrs when it's time to renew our contracts.

Hiding inventory numbers from the very customers who are keeping you in business is silly. We're upgrading cell-plans, letting you "borrow" $100 in rebates, signing 2yr contracts and willing to waste Saturday morning sitting on cement for you. The least you could do is make it easy to figure out where we can buy your darn phone.

Only a tiny % of users / buyers even visit forums and out of those only a small % are stressing about it. Those that are stressing are only doing so because they are part of the me me me me crowd that have to have everything the second they want it as if they are some how more entitled than everyone else.

So by all means if this makes you leave sprint or any carrier by all means do so because I'm sure over two years there will be some other tiny nuisnce that will cause you to leave anyway regardless of the carrier.

Sprint knows people switching from other carriers for the pre are likely to do the same again when the next next best phone arrived on XYZ carrier.
    I believe the jkOnTheRun post was made by Kevin and he's in a small town area in PA, not Houston - that's James. That might explain the level inventory levels he's seeing.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I believe the jkOnTheRun post was made by Kevin and he's in a small town area in PA, not Houston - that's James. That might explain the level inventory levels he's seeing.
    Ahh! Makes sense - I obviuosly never caught that.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    I also got a call from a local Sprint corporate store (had my name on a notification list) and I was told they got, so far, 40 units in and they don't expect to sell out immediately, but wouldn't be surprised if it sold out by the end of the day.

The other 2 corporate stores I had my name on said they don't expect to have a problem serving customers early on, though they wouldn't promise the inventory would last through the day.