Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyFripple View Post
    I don't feel like the Pre is really missing anything as far as hardware.
    I do. A memory card slot or at least a decent amount of flash memory.
    OP: I am waiting for (mostly) different reasons:
    1) I am sick of paying money to be part of a beta test on new stuff (phones, hardware OSs etc).
    2) A large part of the allure of the Pre is what happens in the cloud. I am waiting to see how Sprint's WebOS server capacity handles a few hundred thousand units.
    3) Inevitably, there will be issues. I am waiting for the good folks on this forum to discover (and hopefully correct) MOST of them before I purchase one.

Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    This frustrated me soo much. The 800w was my first time getting a smart phone and I felt like I got burned pretty bad. I've managed to tweak it to work but when Palm releases the Treo Pro months after your device it really sucks.
    As an 800w owner myself, I hear you. Until I held a TreoPro. Then I realized that the keybaord on the 800w was head and shoulders above the TreoPro.
    I view the TP more as another phone rather than an upgrade from the 800w.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    The reason people were pissed about the iphone is because it was ungodly expensive when it came out and THEN had a significant price reduction afterward. Software is just going to get better.

The pre is already at a low price point and will be able to mature along with the hardware-if you are due for an upgrade, dive in now, then upgrade naturally in 2 years with the pre2.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12