Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Assuming iPhone is announced next week and hits stores a month later, do you think Palm will release a Web OS update in a month to add in some additional functionalilty? Things like true universal search, copy/paste of non editable text, etc.

I am by no means a developer so I don't even know if 1 month is a viable amount of time to get anything done, but I feel that would be a good way to take some steam out of the next iPhones launch.

I am buying the Pre no matter what and I am a proponent of the school of thought that there is enough space in this market for both Pre and iPhone. With that said I feel that around 50% (pure guess) of the userbase of the Pre could be considering either a Pre or an iPhone so I feel Palm can give those people on the edge a nudge over to our side with a small feature update.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    I don't know how stringent Sprint is on software QA testing but otherwise I don't see any reason why updates won't come that fast. After all, I'm sure they've been fixing stuff all along but the devices were probably loaded with an older version well before today.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    i'm sure they'll be working on bugs/glitches/etc in the first month rather than features.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Well, there's already an incremental update out that will update day one I believe. Plus they have the AIM bug that I would hazard a guess they'll want fixed fast. I would guess they'll probably have some other changes they were working on and probably had originally wanted in their release version. So, yes.. I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by rs4ftw View Post
    i'm sure they'll be working on bugs/glitches/etc in the first month rather than features.
    Yeah I rather have them work on bugs/glitches/stability than features at first. Nothing Apple announces will make me think twice of getting the Pre. There might be some cool stuff but nothing surprising.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    You all make a good point, I too would want bugs fixed first. Guess I was getting ahead of myself.