Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After spending considerable time with the Pre this morning at the launch breakfast I can easily recommend this device to everybody under 40. If you are over 40 you will know your eyes are not as good as they used to be. The text on the Pre is really really small. I had to actually squint in the calendar.

The screen though is downright incredible. Best screen I have ever seen, it just way to small for me. I don't know what is is, maybe its because its extremely bright but my eyes did strain a little when I was reading some websites.

Most people here wont care, its a very impressive device. One thing that would concern me is my test unit crashed twice while I was playing with it.
    are you saying that you can't buy a pair of glasses, if your blind your blind doesn't mean what age you are.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    are you saying that you can't buy a pair of glasses, if your blind your blind doesn't mean what age you are.
    I do wear glasses when I use my computer. Kind of a pain to have to have to do that to use my cell phone. Are you 40 yet?
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Thanks. Interesting how I don't recall anyone mentioning an issue with small fonts in any of the reviews. At 40, I'm probably too young for Alzheimer's.

Palm really needs a way to set the size of the system font.
    Thank the Heavens No...I'm Not 40
    Isn't there a setting for making text bigger?
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I'm 38, love my 9 in netbook, even though others complain it's too small - I should be fine.
    I had that problem, go to an Eye Doctor. You need bifolcals, Problem solved.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Isn't there a setting for making text bigger?
    I looked all over but could not find it. I dont think there is.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I had that problem, go to an Eye Doctor. You need bifolcals, Problem solved.
    I might be getting old, but I refuse to wear bifocals. Anyway 40 is the new 30.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I do wear glasses when I use my computer. Kind of a pain to have to have to do that to use my cell phone. Are you 40 yet?
    7/8ths of the way there.

But the Palm Pre - like the iPhone and many other phones - IS your computer. Yes, it makes calls, but it is a computer. It has an OS, processor, hard drive, screen, and runs apps. That's a computer.

But when I held the dummy version, I thought the screen was sized perfectly.
    I think you could say the same for any phone, MID, netbook, 19" monitor....

I am looking foward to moving up to the 3.1 inch screen from .my current model.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    how about one of these?

just kidding.
    Hold it a bit farther away...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    7/8ths of the way there.

But the Palm Pre - like the iPhone and many other phones - IS your computer. Yes, it makes calls, but it is a computer. It has an OS, processor, hard drive, screen, and runs apps. That's a computer.

But when I held the dummy version, I thought the screen was sized perfectly.
    Well, I guess its just in my opinion. For some reason the text on my tiny BB 8900 doesnt bother me. Its probably cause Blackberry has the best font customization around. You can choose the type and size. The Pre screen is also very, very bright.

One other thing, maybe I am also going deaf because the system sounds are very low. I still think 95 percent of people here will love it.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by rs4ftw View Post
    how about one of these?

just kidding.
    The glasses or the phone?
    Isn't there a way to adjust brightness on the Pres screen? I'd be very surprised if you couldn't do that!
    good point, though I wouldn't put an age to it because some people might still have good eye sight when their 40. Hopefully by the time I reach that age they'll have phones electronically installed in our brains. LOL
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Isn't there a way to adjust brightness on the Pres screen? I'd be very surprised if you couldn't do that!
    There is. But its so pretty at full brightness.
    I will be 44 this year and yes I have trouble seeing small print, but in no way will I break down and get bifocals.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast