Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Am I the only one anxiously awaiting the Pro-Clip USA vehicle mount for the Pre?

ProClip Mounting System - Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts
    I'll be getting one as soon as they are available too. It will be very useful given how good Sprint Nav is.
    Me too.

On another note - poor choice of cars for the model - a Volvo. I have that car and you certainly do not want to be covering any vents in TX in the summer!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
  4. DDD
    Hopefully, I can use my iPhone one!
    Also Known as 3_D
    does anyone who has tried a touchstone think the magnet is strong enough to hold the pre in a car? a car touchstone would be a great accessory
    well I remember around CES time someone asked one of the Palm guys about using it in the car and he said no but you'll be suprised with the accessories that will be available after launch so hopefully they have thought about a car magnetic holder.
    I would be pleasantly surprised if there were a magnetic car solution. Although I haven't seen a Pre or Touchstone in person, I remember seeing a few videos where the presenter had to put it on the Touchstone a couple of times before it stuck. That tells me the magnets are not too strong. It would be cool though.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mho6 View Post
    does anyone who has tried a touchstone think the magnet is strong enough to hold the pre in a car? a car touchstone would be a great accessory
    Well, they have talked about touchstone being a line of products so I suppose this could be a possibility.
    The magnets probably aren’t strong enough, but they are only used to align the phone. A cradle would align the phone too. A charging cradle that uses the inductive charger would be awesome! Drop your phone in the cradle and it starts charging, a Bluetooth connection to the stereo and no wires to connect.

I didn’t think that it could happen, but I just got more excited about this phone!
    I'm wondering whether the Touchstone would work in-vehicle.
    My PRE stays in my pocket or in my pouch....bluetooth is available and my Pioneer car audio system will show me the incoming call, the caller ID, and announce it with a sexy female voice.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!