Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    is anyone going to try???
    So doubtful that I won't attempt. Unless I receive notification otherwise. I most likely won't be trying until tomorrow morning.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Guess you can try but from the three stores I asked yesterday they are under strict orders to not sell the pre until tomorrow. I tried Best Buy and the same thing. Not sure about radioshacks or authorized resellers.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    A store in Syracuse, NY (non-corp) told me they were planning on selling the phone early on the 5th, but Sprint told them the phone will not be functional until the 6th (The phone would be a brick until the 6th). So to avoid any hassles, they decided to cancel their early launch.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I may try to convince an authorized non corporate store to sell them to me tonight & I'll call to activate them tomorrow (or after midnight). It would be worth it to sleep like a baby tonight.
    I was told I can buy one at the launch party tonight.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    some will, some won't
    I am going to go by after work and at least check my "notes" are in the system. That said has anyone noticed the "count down timer" says 5 hours 39 minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by osidak View Post
    I am going to go by after work and at least check my "notes" are in the system. That said has anyone noticed the "count down timer" says 5 hours 39 minutes
    yeah i saw that... then i went to sprints pre site and it says otherwise
    Does anyone think I will be able to buy and activate a pre tomorrow as a surprise for my wife? I am going to buy one for myself, but I wanted to come home with one for her too as a surprise.. Do you think they will give me a problem with that? I will be paying retail minus 75.00 for hers since she is not at the 2 year mark..
    Depends on the store, I was told by every store I spoke with its ONE pre per person due to the low supply. But i think thats corporate stores policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    Does anyone think I will be able to buy and activate a pre tomorrow as a surprise for my wife? I am going to buy one for myself, but I wanted to come home with one for her too as a surprise.. Do you think they will give me a problem with that? I will be paying retail minus 75.00 for hers since she is not at the 2 year mark..
    If Sprint is really serious about no sales prior to the launch parties tonight, you might not be able to get it activated at the point of sale. That being said, I wish luck to anyone trying to get one today. I'll be getting up early tomorrow unless something materializes today that allows me to sleep in a bit.
    Well, since you are sending all of those "thank yous" to Dan on a job well done on the Premier program, why don't you just ask him since you have him all buttered up?
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    What is the definition of a corporate store vs a non corporate store?
    What is the definition of a corporate store vs a non corporate store?
    Sprint owned and non Sprint owned
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    It there a way to tell which is which?
    It there a way to tell which is which?
    If you go to the Sprint Store Locator online, the corp stores will just say 'Sprint' - the non-corp stores will say 'Sprint operated by XYZ Company'.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Thanks!
    Humm.. It appears that all the stores around me are corporate stores.. There is one that is listed as an "authorized retailer."
    Humm.. It appears that all the stores around me are corporate stores.. There is one that is listed as an "authorized retailer."
    Must be different in different areas - but I would think that is an affiliate store. I am actually buying from an affiliate - they called me, set up an appointment for 7:30 in the morning. More than Sprint and BB would do. Now, I am calling again this afternoon to verify they will actually have the units they expect!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast