Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Almost got my hands on two last night from a non corporate store but they were nervous about activating them early so the manager told me to come back today and it wouldn't be a problem. Fingers crossed
    Vis
    Is there a way to order online today or at midnight? I'm going to be signing up for a new ERP plan and I could care less about having it first thing tomorrow, I just want a new phone and want to make sure I get in on the first batch. Camping out is an absolute no for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
    Is there a way to order online today or at midnight? I'm going to be signing up for a new ERP plan and I could care less about having it first thing tomorrow, I just want a new phone and want to make sure I get in on the first batch. Camping out is an absolute no for me.
    Plenty of threads on this - but apparently, no, online nor telesales will be offering the Pre at least over this weekend.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Do you think if I buy and activate one at the sprint store, then at 10 go the BB and buy and activate one there, that they will give me a problem?
    I called a Corporate store last night and specifically asked them if I could buy more than one Pre since I'll have a family plan with 3, possibly 4 Pres. They said that was fine, it's first come, first served. They also said that there will be a waiting list to sign up on once all of the Pres have been sold out and people will receive them in the order they are on the list.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    As was I. I'd imagine the purpose of the release party is to get the word out and to test the 'Ready Now' process for when the masses arrive. I have a strong suspicion that there will be plenty of stock tomorrow for anyone who wants one. All I know is that I'm going to the party, getting my Pre, coming home immediately after its turned on and making a pot of coffee.
    The corporate store I talked to yesterday said that if you come in on Saturday and they are sold out they will give you a free bluetooth and drop ship you a pre to your house from corporate monday or tuesday.
  8.    #28  

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us here at Dan@Sprint.com. I made an attempt to
    contact you by calling XXX-XXX-XXXX, but I was not able to reach you. I
    apologize for any frustration the matter regarding the Palm Pre has
    caused you. The launch of the Palm Pre has been the most sort after
    device that we have had in quite a while. The pre registration from our
    Premier customers has been overwhelming. We currently do not have any
    additional information regarding the purchase of the Palm Pre. Please
    view Sprint.com for any future updates. Again, I apologize for the
    inconvenience.

If you have any other questions, I can be reached by calling
    757-XXX-XXXX M - F 9AM - 6PM EST.

Sincerely,
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Sprint
    757-XXX-XXXX
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ^^^^^^^
    "...the most sort after device..." ???

Seriously, that sucks.
  10.    #30  
    anyone going to try to buy one at a Corporate Sprint Store tonight (Fri June 5) after the magic 6pm bewitching hour??? SOMETHING is happening from 4-6pm - maybe display setup and preparation? pep rally? last minute launch instructions? can someone do a fly-by and see WTF is going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    If you go to the Sprint Store Locator online, the corp stores will just say 'Sprint' - the non-corp stores will say 'Sprint operated by XYZ Company'.
    I can further add stores with a star are "Full Service" and usually a key store with potentially more allocated Pre's.
    My non-corporate store had promised I could pick up a phone tonight anytime after 6pm. TODAY, they "changed their launch date" to tomorrow at 8am. But it's one of the stores will let you put a deposit down, so multiple employees there, including the lead of sales and manager, have both said that mine is reserved for me even if I'm not there at 8am tomorrow. They said I may still have to wait in line, but they said won't sell mine.

So I'll find out tomorrow.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12