Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Many are concerned about excessive "flicking" and "swiping" to navigate long lists. Here's a proposal for a simple gesture to address this issue:

It's called "scroll-to".

In the same spirit as the short-cuts for cut/copy/paste (tap and hold the gesture area while clicking X/C/V), just tap and hold the gesture area while tapping the display.

Tap display top for the top of the list, display bottom for the bottom of the list, display middle for the middle of the list, etc.

You might think of this as "absolute scrolling" rather than the various forms of "relative scrolling" already implemented.
    oooooo, I like this idea. Very intuitive, and even easier than scroll bars. Great idea!
    if the list is alphabetical, maybe you can simple type a letter to change the starting point quickly. this may already be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    if the list is alphabetical, maybe you can simple type a letter to change the starting point quickly. this may already be there.
    Was thinking the same thing.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers