Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    The fact that my car ate up all my reserve money (including the money that was supposed to buy my Pre) last week in repairs.

The extra $40/month for the plan gives me pause.

The likelihood of no syncing my highly-used calendar/tasks/memo apps with desktop definitely tells me to wait and see what third-party software comes out. (Also, I'm hearing from Treonauts that these apps are low on usability on the Pre.)
    About the only thing that would stop me at this point is a bio-weapons attack on the town I'm going to for the Pre. I *might* rethink my plans if there was a toxic could blowing around.

I'm looking at such a savings over my AT&T/BlackBerry service that this is a no-brainer for me.

I currently pay almost $100 (with taxes & fees) per month.
    I will be paying $59.99 for the same features.

'Nuf said.
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Nothing will stop me essentially. I'm not using ATT one way or another and Sprint is the best alternative in my opinion. And I have a Pre reserved soo I'm golden.
    x2
    At this point, i'm just seeing too much beta stuff. A dozen apps. Synergy not ready for prime time. Lots of lag. Multitasking/notifications is great but just not enough yet. Limited U-search. I liken it to the first iphone that wasn't worthwhile enough to keep.

I'll grab one for wife because its such an upgrade from the Centro. But probably will grab the new iphone to upgrade my old one and revisit palm later. Maybe playing with wife's Pre will change my mind
    Getting another speeding ticket on my way down to bestbuy. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by em.eggers View Post
    I know i would probably get crap for saying this... what apple is going to announce monday.
    same here.
    Waiting in long lines. I love new stuff, but the only thing I have ever waited in line for was a flat screen TV the day after Thanksgiving. I might also be tempted to wait in line for sports tickets or the right concert, but otherwise no thank you.

I refuse to wait in line for this phone, but I do understand why people will. And I do think it is worth the wait. I'm just too old (28) for that non-sense and I do not have the patience to wait in line over 30 minutes. I'm going to wait a few weeks for the dust to settle. I'm sticking with Sprint regardless and I'll still be getting the Pre. I just don't need to be the first one on my block with it. If I knew there wouldn't be lines tomorrow and I could get in and out in under 30 minutes, I would go, but I doubt that is going to happen.

Can't wait for y'all to come home with your Pre tomorrow and tell us all about the cool stuff. It will certainly make the forum very entertaining until I can get my hands on one.
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    WWDC. To be honest. I am month to month on Sprint now. I like to weigh all the choices. Yes, you have to jump in at some point, so my jump point is July. This gives me a chance to hear all of your wonderful personal reviews loves, hates, bugs, fixes on the PRE, and also a chance to see what the apple logo people have in store for July. Dont turn this into an iphone vs pre thread, the question was, what will stop me from getting a PRE. Right now its WWDC. So i wait. (sigh). Would have been nice if this freakin PRE was out in 2008 instead of 2009. I heard about this "new device that was coming" from PALM, so i waited, and waited. The decision would have been easier in 2008. PRE would have been my phone already.
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    The only thing that's stopping me is Sprint. And by that, I don't mean the fact that it's on Sprint, but if Sprint doesn't have enough, that's the only thing stopping me.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Waiting for a third party application that will play podcasts(remember where I am when I stop and want to go back to same place where I was) like pockettunes or kinoma.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Ringer volume. This will be my only phone, and I need to hear it when it rings, even if it's in the next room over or down the hall. All the reviewers seem to be pointing out the quiet ringer. Dieter even suggested always keeping vibrate on.

The software looks beta, but with over-the-air downloads, I'm not too concerned. Do you think an update could improve the ringer volume?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Ringer volume. Do you think an update could improve the ringer volume?
    Sometimes its just changing the ringer to be an MP3 or another purchased or downloaded 3rd party ringtone, will do the job.
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Ringer volume. This will be my only phone, and I need to hear it when it rings, even if it's in the next room over or down the hall. All the reviewers seem to be pointing out the quiet ringer. Dieter even suggested always keeping vibrate on.

The software looks beta, but with over-the-air downloads, I'm not too concerned. Do you think an update could improve the ringer volume?
    I remember volumecare Pro or something like that for the old Palm. Really would suck to have to buy an app to get better sound.
    if the new iphone drops its price closer to what i'll be paying for on the pre (I would get discounts on both, 25% on sprint and 15% on ATT)

I'm a little hesitant to get a new OS with all the glitches and lack of apps.
    I haven't found a bullet-proof way to sync Outlook if you're not on an ActiveSync version of Exchange Server (we're sadly still on 2000, but upgrading to 2008 this year). A lot of stuff about possibly syncing to google from the outlook client, but I use Yahoo and don't really need another email account (or Google sifting through my emails to figure out what to advertise to me), and those "sync to the web-app" programs don't always work that well. Really don't understand why we couldn't have had a desktop syncing program like just about every other smartphone on the planet ...

Still, I'm gonna go down to my store in the morning and (if no line) play with it, and if it feels better than my Touch Pro then I still might do it and figure out all the early adopter issues (everyone needs a hobby).
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhay312 View Post
    until I can get my hands on one.
    Hi all, I played with a pre for a couple of hours TODAY. I'm not employed by Sprint or affiliated vendor (Best Buy, etc.). Its certainly a device you can put in your pocket and I think its slightly smaller than a Centro. The keyboard on the Pre is spaced better than key tabs on the Centro.

There are some basic departures from old Treo functions, such as tapping the space bar to get to the URL or pressing the back arrow to go back one step. Certain Sprint TV channels were louder than others, the TV appeared to be visable ONLY from a horizontal angle. I tried the GPS and it worked well but due to the building I could not get the turn by turn directions. The display was good and refreshing compared to my wife's BB-8830. I can tell you all now that Best Buy has a live working phone on display they allowed me to play with (see attached pic)

Problem: The only issue that may take me a while to get use to is viewing a webpage. On my Centro, you can go to CNN and see the article with a decent size font. On the Pre, you may have to zoom in some as I found it a little too small to view comfortably. That may just be user preference. I will wait and see. I hope this helped somebody out there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If they run out of stock when my turn comes up in line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    I don't even think they could stop me...

Well... Maybe...
    Them horsies look mighty adorable. I would stop to pet them. For a li'l bit.
    The fact that Slingplayer isn't on the device is really a turnoff. =/
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast