Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    A lack of income, seriously.

By the way, forget mp3's, the phone supports AAC+! I'm not sure if it's HE-AAC v2 or not but anyway if that's the case then you can encode at about 80kbps which is what I stream my music at over 3G and 24kbps for 2.5G. It sounds rather good, with a car or stereo headset you'll be hard pressed to hear compression artifacts (as long as the starting source is good of course).
    Nothing will stop me essentially. I'm not using ATT one way or another and Sprint is the best alternative in my opinion. And I have a Pre reserved soo I'm golden.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I've thought about it some more... and I'm not going to buy it at launch because I still have 6 months to go to get full upgrade ability and the $200 price. $550 (minus $75) is just too much.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic

I don't even think they could stop me...

Well... Maybe...
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Cost of the plan. I'm on a family plan now and it it's just to expensive to upgrade.
    Swine flu???? Just at the reasoning I wouldnt want someone else to catch it.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    NachoB, that goes without saying. Chuck Norris could stop the rotation of the earth, holding off tomorrow indefinately, Leaving millions without their Pre.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    If the damn store where I am on a list doesn't actually receive any or just a couple. So when I stroll in around 7:45-8am they're already out. That would suck.
    Cost. My 2 years aren't up yet, and my SERO is too good to give up.

This puts me in a bad situation, though, because I want to develop some apps. I guess I'll need some early adopters for testers...
    Quote Originally Posted by lugose View Post
    Cost of the plan. I'm on a family plan now and it it's just to expensive to upgrade.
    This will be the biggest reason for existing customers. Pre would cost me an additional $50/mrc which is just too much so I am in the same boat. I think it is good strategy for Sprint but I am not biting- for now at least...
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Neither rain sleet nor snow.

o'course we don't don't get these is Vegas very often.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltem View Post
    Precisely what I was thinking. In my opinon I don't think FLAC is worthwhile on ANY portable mp3 player. A well encoded mp3 using VBR lame should be more than enough. Personally I transcode my mp3's down to 128 bitrate to save space. I'm using a pair of $30 headphones on a cell phone for crying out loud, so I doubt I'll notice! Save the flacs for listening to music on a thousand(s) dollar speaker system.
    I understand your point about the audio quality. It's more about time/convenience. Most of my music library is in flac. When I want to copy stuff onto my Centro (and future Pre), I don't want to take the time to recode everything as mp3. I agree I won't hear the difference in earbuds or my Centro through my car stereo.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    If the service sucks at where I live.. I'll return it.
    No GSM, inadequate PIM, only 8GB of flash memory with no card slot and limited 3rd party software support.
    My IT department. They already have. Hoping for enterprise solutions quickly.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBC View Post
    300 people in line in front of me.

The bodies lying on the ground in front of me.

bj
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    No GSM, inadequate PIM, only 8GB of flash memory with no card slot and limited 3rd party software support.
    Sounds like you made your decision back in January
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    nothing =]
    tethering - but decided to live w/out it
    goodlink - but can get to work email via browser
    few apps/sdk - not out yet and sounds very limiting, will rely on PalmOS emulator for a while

If Palm doesn't open the SDK to allow low level access to OS, I'm concerned this won't be a platform for power users. I'm willing to get one and give it a chance, but it would suck if this product ends up not being power user friendly.

I've decided to get one in the end. Hope to have it tomorrow.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast