Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I plan on upgrading to an everything data plan tonight or tomorrow, but I want to make sure the change is immediate so I can rip in to the Pre on Saturday. Does it matter what method I use to upgrade my plan?
    Last edited by onionion; 06/04/2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: *
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    yeah- you must do it over the phone otherwise the changes will not take effect till your next billing cycle.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    If you have SERO then do it now for sure!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I found out my current billing cycle ends June 17th. If I change the plan today, what does that mean for the rest of the month? Do I immediately switch to an everything data plan, pro-rated for the rest of the cycle, or do I have to pay both my old AND new plan until the 17th?
    Quote Originally Posted by onionion View Post
    I plan on upgrading to an everything data plan tonight or tomorrow, but I want to make sure the change is immediate so I can rip in to the Pre on Saturday. Does it matter what method I use to upgrade my plan?
    you can do it online as long as you do it on the online chat. i did mine that way and they were able to make the changes immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by onionion View Post
    I found out my current billing cycle ends June 17th. If I change the plan today, what does that mean for the rest of the month? Do I immediately switch to an everything data plan, pro-rated for the rest of the cycle, or do I have to pay both my old AND new plan until the 17th?
    you pay a month in advance, so they'll give you a credit for the rest of this billing cycle for your old plan and then pro-rate your new plan for the rest of this billing cycle. the next bill they send you will be a little higher because you'll have to pay the difference between the credit and the prorate, and your new monthly service charges.

hope that helped and wasn't too confusing!

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Can't wait for Saturday!
    Called Retentions to change everything over to Everything Data tonight so all lines on my plan in multiple time zones won't have issues getting a Pre. He said he made it go effective tomorrow. They were able to move over my discount and 6 pm nights. I also asked about favorite 5's for each line. He said this can only be added by the retentions dept and it was no additional cost. Just follow the prompts to cancel.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i.freakin.heart.palm View Post
    you pay a month in advance, so they'll give you a credit for the rest of this billing cycle for your old plan and then pro-rate your new plan for the rest of this billing cycle. the next bill they send you will be a little higher because you'll have to pay the difference between the credit and the prorate, and your new monthly service charges.

hope that helped and wasn't too confusing!

On second thought, that doesn't totally make sense to me. If I'm paying the new, higher cost plan for the rest of my current cycle, why would I pay the difference again the following month? It seems like I'd be getting charged twice for the same service.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    So for you guys on the Sero plan for $30 a month, were you able to switch over to the Everything Plus referral program with no problems? Did you have to provide a new email address and employee CID? I have 3 $30 sero lines and want to switch over to the Everything Plus family with 3 lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    So for you guys on the Sero plan for $30 a month, were you able to switch over to the Everything Plus referral program with no problems? Did you have to provide a new email address and employee CID? I have 3 $30 sero lines and want to switch over to the Everything Plus family with 3 lines.
    No problem here. I did it over the phone at 888-882-4030. Didn't need any email/CID because they could look up my account info and see that I was on SERO already. The CSR I spoke with was helpful and friendly.

If you want to use the website, this address/CID has been widely posted by Sprint so that anyone with google skills can enter the program (which makes you wonder why they even bother with the silly access check).

Russ.S.McGuire@Sprint.com
    CID: 383
    I called 888-882-4030 on Wednesday evening and asked about switching my two SERO plans over to the EPRP family plan and was told that even by switching now, i could not buy the PRE at the Sprint store and I would need to order thru tele-sales. So I did not switch yet. Anyone else here this? I may call again today to see if I get a different answer.

The CS person I talked to also told me that my wife's $50 1250 min plan was eligible to buy a PRE without changing plans, but my $30 plan was not. I think she was either on to something or on something.