1.    #1  
    I have read some stuff thats made me a little worried, on my iphone i have my yahoo email, and when i get emails it makes a noise and lets me know.

Will my Pre be the same way? I put my Yahoo email on there and then when I get a new email it will let me know?
    Nope. It's gonna make every possible attempt to hide it from you.

Only joshing ya! Yes, it will alert you just like the iPhone. You'll be able to choose the alert type and the tone.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    Nope. It's gonna make every possible attempt to hide it from you.

Only joshing ya! Yes, it will alert you just like the iPhone. You'll be able to choose the alert type and the tone.
    THANK YOU GOD... I read in another forum that this did not work, you just made my day man. I was very close to not getting a Pre because of this
    But the issue is with push email. The Pre can definitely pull emails by checking every 5 minutes (or longer intervals), and then you'll get an audio alert when you get new emails. However, unless Yahoo email supports IMAP Idle, which from what I've been reading, it's a little unclear if Yahoo even gives IMAP access in the first place, then you won't get the emails pushed to your device as soon as they're received.
  5.    #5  
    thank you for deleting that guys post, whoever did
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    what if you have yahoo premium? it offers imap/pop service.
    still wont work?
    Quote Originally Posted by nitty917 View Post
    what if you have yahoo premium? it offers imap/pop service.
    still wont work?
    It should work - the OP was talking about an iPhone application written by Yahoo specifically to push yahoo mail to that device
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RenardRouge View Post
    It should work - the OP was talking about an iPhone application written by Yahoo specifically to push yahoo mail to that device
    So Yahoo made one just for the iphone to push it? Will they make one for Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessh2036 View Post
    So Yahoo made one just for the iphone to push it? Will they make one for Pre?
    Unknown. But Yahoo just announced this week they are discontinuing support for their mobile software for all platforms except the iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    You'll be able to choose the alert type and the tone.
    ^^^^^^
    Incorrect at this time..

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn
    Sounds & Ringtones. Sadly, you cannot set the sounds most alerts like email and SMS, these are all set to default sounds. Hopefully Palm will allow customization of this soon.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by RenardRouge View Post
    Unknown. But Yahoo just announced this week they are discontinuing support for their mobile software for all platforms except the iPhone.
    Is that true? It amost sounds insane, or worse, corrupt. Has Apple purchased or "greased" the Yahoo wheels? WTF!
    Oops, it was a few weeks ago
    Yahoo Mobile Abandons Its Smartphone App To Focus On The iPhone
    Yahoo only has certain resources, and the iPhone is where it's at right now, so it kind of makes sense. The app will still work on BlackBerry, etc., just probably no further updates. Sounds like what happened to support for PalmOS and my Treo 650.

If the Pre is successful enough, they might build something for it. It should be simple enough.
    Oh ok, its just regarding the specific "smartphone app" that they were building. Still, it sounds/smells like they got some pressure from apple to do so, but who cares. If WebOS turns out to be what I think it is (the future), then its all academic anyway. I just 86'd my relationship with all things Yahoo! this week anyway.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    ^^^^^^
    Incorrect at this time..
    wow thats really lame that you cant change the sound... but Im sure that will be fixed with a update VERY soon