1.    #1  
    Options Update: Put Volume Spikes on Palm Inc. Ahead of Pre Release

The traders expect Palm stock to drop on the back of depressed Pre sales mainly due to the expected release of the new Iphone.

Anyone who has Palm stock well its your call whether you want to hold long term or bank any profits tomorrow.

I don't hold any Palm stock but if I did I would perhaps buy in the next few weeks and hold long term as I believe the Pre is just the first iteration and the jewel is the Web/os.
    It's up 9% today.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Still, things usually drop short-term after announcements as people sell off short term investments. I'm just annoyed I didn't buy it back in December when I thought about it

If you think Palm has good odds of doing well over time then you might as well hold onto it regardless of short-term fluctuations.
    I was looking at Palm stock before the Pre was announced but never bought it. I did buy it about a week ago @ 12.12 and I am holding this for the long term and I beleive the stock could be a winner once it gets back to profits.

Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by aharvey2000 View Post
    I was looking at Palm stock before the Pre was announced but never bought it. I did buy it about a week ago @ 12.12 and I am holding this for the long term and I beleive the stock could be a winner once it gets back to profits.

Adam
    Yeah, I think the short term jump is past for now but you never know what kind of gains you'll see in the next few years. I'm just kicking my own *** over this still. Coulda octupled any investment back in December...
    Stocks almost always seem to fall after a big announcement or big release. I don't really understand why, but I would look to pick some stock up on Monday because it will probably go down on Tuesday or Wednesday depending upon how the press covers the release.
    I am guessing that Sprint and Palm are going to have some minor hiccups that will affect the stock. There will be some type of minor issue that gets blown out of proportion and the stock will take a dive. Then a firmware update will be issued and the stock will start its rise over the long term.
    Quote Originally Posted by bo4uofm View Post
    Stocks almost always seem to fall after a big announcement or big release. I don't really understand why, but I would look to pick some stock up on Monday because it will probably go down on Tuesday or Wednesday depending upon how the press covers the release.
    I am guessing that Sprint and Palm are going to have some minor hiccups that will affect the stock. There will be some type of minor issue that gets blown out of proportion and the stock will take a dive. Then a firmware update will be issued and the stock will start its rise over the long term.
    It's because short term investors know that there will be a peak with the announcement and try to get out at a high point. The sell-off causes the drop.
    Some analysts are saying value is $12-$14. Others thinK $12 is obnoxiously high. If they don't sellout after the first few days, the stock might tank.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Yup, figures I put my buy order in on Sunday night to buy when the market opens. The market opend and it was a bearish day and the stock dropped a little over $1.50 figures. I could have bought more, oh well.

Adam
    I sold stock, but it went up another 2%+ in after hours trading....

Definitely looking to re-buy on a dip. Long term I think Palm is a winner.
    I bought around $7.50 a few months ago, and I'm planning on selling end of the day tomorrow. I'm pushing my luck on an already great run, especially with unclear sales for opening weekend and Apple's conference on Monday. I mean, I don't doubt the Pre will do well long term, I just don't trust what stockholders' opinions will be if they don't know too much about the phone and see a new iPhone on the way. I may rebuy if it goes down, though. I too think WebOS is going places in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by linkofhyrule007 View Post
    I bought around $7.50 a few months ago, and I'm planning on selling end of the day tomorrow. I'm pushing my luck on an already great run, especially with unclear sales for opening weekend and Apple's conference on Monday. I mean, I don't doubt the Pre will do well long term, I just don't trust what stockholders' opinions will be if they don't know too much about the phone and see a new iPhone on the way. I may rebuy if it goes down, though. I too think WebOS is going places in the future.
    Yeah, I don't own stock or follow the market too much, but that sounds like a smart plan to me.
  13.    #13  
    The problem I see is that the investors are not sophisticated so if they just read the reviews and see the Apple Marketing hype it can change opinions.

If you trust that the Palm team will continue to evolve the web/os platform and hardware then stick with them.

The real question for me - would Pre have had a better reception and sales if it was not exclusive to Sprint?

I know we are on day 1 but would the market reaction ie the traders been more positive if Pre had gone with the other operators?