Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    I would rather get a Pre at Best Buy but work has, of course, screwed me over and I have to work Saturday morning, which leaves me to get my Pre at Sprint

Can ANYONE that has used a sprint rebate please let me/us know how hard the process is? Rebates are a PITA, and if its a 50/50 shot at getting everything right I will just wait until BB has them in stock. I don't want to be XXXX out of 100 bucks because I forgot some stupid code or UPC sticker.
    Last edited by palandri; 06/04/2009 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Language
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    I have never had a problem with a Sprint rebate. In the last several months, I have upgraded all 5 lines and each new phone had a rebate and I have received 4 of the 5 and the the last one is at this stage:
    Offer: $100.00 Check
    Date Received: 04-29-2009
    Status Detail: Your rebate is approved and is in the final stages of processing and should be mailed to you within the next 30 days. Thank you

The CSR at the corporate store has always filled it out for me and all I have to do when I get home is stick it in and envelope and put a stamp on it. It does usually take about 8 weeks for it to arrive.
    Extremely easy to fill out, and at least when I've done them, they were MUCH faster than even their own estimates. I sent in 2 recently, and had checks in my hand in less than a month for both of them. No cutting, no clipping, just fill out 1 piece of paper and send the receipt with it (and make a copy of each for your own records).

I think most people recommend certified mail, or you can even get the post office to give you a "confirmation of mailing" or whatever it's called, that is cheaper and certifies that you mailed the parcel on the date that you mail it.

And now that I think about it, Sprint's mail in rebate department has only ever made one mistake on any of my rebates, but that mistake was in my favor.
    If you can walk and chew gum at the same time, it wont be a problem.

I really dont see how any one could screw it up.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    XXXX wow. nice, man.
    Last edited by palandri; 06/04/2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Language
    Think that might be a tad offensive to people here who are jewish.

Quote Originally Posted by sub150 View Post
    I would rather get a Pre at Best Buy but work has, of course, screwed me over and I have to work Saturday morning, which leaves me to get my Pre at Sprint

Can ANYONE that has used a sprint rebate please let me/us know how hard the process is? Rebates are a PITA, and if its a 50/50 shot at getting everything right I will just wait until BB has them in stock. I don't want to be xxxx out of 100 bucks because I forgot some stupid code or UPC sticker.
    Last edited by palandri; 06/04/2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Language
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Sorry about the religion reference...

Anyways..thanks for the input looks like I'll be going to a sprint store!
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    easy as pie if you can read and write and follow basic instructions - so some posters here may have some difficulty.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Your part is the easy part, it's when it gets in the hands of Sprint that you have to worry. They screwed up my rebate last year. It took about 5 months to finally get it and when I did they sent the wrong amount. They eventually, sorted themselves out but who wants that drama. IMO you are better off with Besbuy.
  10. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I've done one in the past, and Sprint dropped the ball. The situation was rectified, and I got my rebate 5 weeks after I should have.

Rebates are annoying annoying annoying.
    The last 2 rebates I applied for, Sprint sent me postcards saying they were denied. Calling their rebate customer service easily fixed the problem, but I definitely got the vibe that they just denied the rebates in hopes I wouldn't call to actually get them put through. Maybe things have improved since I bought my Centro a year and some change ago.
    I didn't include the packing slip and could never find it again so I lost the chance for my rebate. It's a scam, I could prove I bought it in 100 ways, I mean I used my credit card on my account to buy the phone straight from Sprint, but without the packing slip they won't do it.

It's called breakage, and it's half the reason why rebates exist. The other is interest they collect holding your money for a few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherjpeg View Post
    The last 2 rebates I applied for, Sprint sent me postcards saying they were denied. Calling their rebate customer service easily fixed the problem, but I definitely got the vibe that they just denied the rebates in hopes I wouldn't call to actually get them put through. Maybe things have improved since I bought my Centro a year and some change ago.
    what was the error and whose was it?
    Rebates are so 90's... if companies are still trying to cash in on hoping people don't want to go through the hassle of filing a rebate, I mean seriously... get with the times Sprint. *sigh*
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    The simple thing that you need to do (with any mail-in rebate, not just a Sprint one) is take a photocopy or picture of everything that you submit. This way, if they ever deny your rebate, you have the physical evidence that you did everything currently.

Some also suggest submitting via mail that is traceable / has a tracking number, so that you know for a fact that it arrives, but I've never taken things that far.
    when i got my treo 700p i got a mail in rebate with it. sent it in as soon as i could and i got my rebate back in like 4-6 weeks with no issues, the rebate had the same 30 day req with it, and it seemed like as soon as the 30 days was up it got sent.