Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61
  1. akula34's Avatar
    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
       #1  
    *sigh* Why did they do this to us? I have customers in every different timezone. Now I have to do this conversion in my head. I don't even care if you use Zulu time (like the Blackberry) but why can't we at least have a selection choice and not have to figure it out in our head.

    This is NOT very friendly for travelers. I hated this about the iPhone.

    This is a step backwards from Palm OS.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    *sigh* Why did they do this to us? I have customers in every different timezone. Now I have to do this conversion in my head. I don't even care if you use Zulu time (like the Blackberry) but why can't we at least have a selection choice and not have to figure it out in our head.

    This is NOT very friendly for travelers. I hated this about the iPhone.

    This is a step backwards from Palm OS.
    Or you can just look it up real quick on Date and Time
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

    Sprint customer since 2001
  3. #3  
    yeah just use the browser, silly. these are CONNECTED devices. you don't need a stored App or stored data for everything anymore. what can be looked up on the browser is not necessary to be stored.
  4. #4  
    Use the clock in Classic. Problem solved.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  5. akula34's Avatar
    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Or you can just look it up real quick on Date and Time
    EVERY time? It's only annoying since it's a feature I loved about Palm OS. It showed you the timezone that the appointment was in (including the time). Very convenient. Reminded me not to call the West Coast before a 10AM EST meeting.

    Most calendars support timezones... it is possible.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  6. akula34's Avatar
    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
       #6  
    It would still be NICE to be able to do it from the calendar. And to be able to see what timezone it's in. I've almost missed flights for this reason. Didn't change the timezone on the device and oops... almost forgot.

    How upset would you be if there were no local contacts on the device? You had to go to the web every time?

    It's the same idea...
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  7. #7  
    you can save the website as an "app" on the launcher..
  8. akula34's Avatar
    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
       #8  
    I don't think you guys get it. This is VERY important to a business person. Seeing timezones on a calendar are essential to understanding your schedule. It's not as simple as "look it up."
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    I don't think you guys get it. This is VERY important to a business person. Seeing timezones on a calendar are essential to understanding your schedule. It's not as simple as "look it up."
    Are you talking about Worldwide time zones or just US time zones?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  10. #10  
    Are we saying that the phone keeps it's own time.... it doesn't pick up the time from the towers?

    I agree. You shouldn't have to worry about TZ's.... that would be a bummer!

    I can see it now... Standing in the airport coffee shop... yeah gate 123... flight mine47..... LAST CALL FOR BOARDING.... NOT MINE, RIGHT?! my phone says it's not time... That would suck!

    I don't know.... Maybe I miss the point, and if so, please forgive my seeming sarcasm, are we thinking that the calendars will not adjust to local time based of the tower time?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    EVERY time? It's only annoying since it's a feature I loved about Palm OS. It showed you the timezone that the appointment was in (including the time). Very convenient. Reminded me not to call the West Coast before a 10AM EST meeting.

    Most calendars support timezones... it is possible.
    Ohhh. You didn't mention time zone in the calendar in your first post. Yeah that would be a problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by pre4ential treatment View Post
    I don't know.... Maybe I miss the point, and if so, please forgive my seeming sarcasm, are we thinking that the calendars will not adjust to local time based of the tower time?
    What he's talking about is that in Palm OS you can set an appointment with a time zone for where it's happening and it'll automatically put the correct time in YOUR time zone.
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 06/04/2009 at 06:36 PM.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

    Sprint customer since 2001
  12. #12  
    Add this to the list of "Deal Breakers".....lol OMG
  13. #13  
    I dont know if the OP is using google calendar but i know google calendar has the ability to create new calendar in different time zones that could probably help you out alot.
  14. #14  
    I've almost missed flights for this reason.
    Are you saying your iphone time doesn't automatically update with your location?

    I am lost as far as what you are talking about.

    If you are talking about the time for a flight that you post in your calendar, doesn't it always put the local time for takeoffs and your phone automatically changes to the local time when you land...so what's the problem?

    As far as an automatic conversion in the calendar, I don't follow as I have a Treo 700P and when I auto entered flights it put the local time into the appointment. Phone changed when I landed to the local time. Voila. No problemo.

    Explain your issue...I am not getting it I guess.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    Are you saying your iphone time doesn't automatically update with your location?

    I am lost as far as what you are talking about.

    If you are talking about the time for a flight that you post in your calendar, doesn't it always put the local time for takeoffs and your phone automatically changes to the local time when you land...so what's the problem?

    As far as an automatic conversion in the calendar, I don't follow as I have a Treo 700P and when I auto entered flights it put the local time into the appointment. Phone changed when I landed to the local time. Voila. No problemo.

    Explain your issue...I am not getting it I guess.
    He wants a built in time zone convertor in calendar. For example, I'm in New York talking to someone in Berlin. They say call me tomorrow at 6pm their time. Instead of having to know how many hours ahead they are, you can put "6pm Berlin" and when you put the entry it'll put the event at "12:00pm (6 pm CEST)".
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

    Sprint customer since 2001
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre4ential treatment View Post
    Are we saying that the phone keeps it's own time.... it doesn't pick up the time from the towers?

    I agree. You shouldn't have to worry about TZ's.... that would be a bummer!

    I can see it now... Standing in the airport coffee shop... yeah gate 123... flight mine47..... LAST CALL FOR BOARDING.... NOT MINE, RIGHT?! my phone says it's not time... That would suck!

    I don't know.... Maybe I miss the point, and if so, please forgive my seeming sarcasm, are we thinking that the calendars will not adjust to local time based of the tower time?
    No, no the phone will pick it's time up for the towers. He was talking about time zones for appointments and calendar stuff. I am sure that it will probably be added in a future OS update
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  17. The Duck's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #17  
    I think he's talking about business scheduling. For example, you live in NYC and another party is in Hong Kong and the third is in Australia. Perhaps scheduling a three way call. Time zones would help. If you do about two-three per week, then no biggy. However, ten to twenty a day would need some help. ie... time zone settings. Get It!
  18. #18  
    This is kind of a fail on Palm and Google. As BOTH of them don't have a feature like this.
  19. akula34's Avatar
    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
       #19  
    Yes, it's about scheduling. I understand Network timezones. The phone knows what timezone it's in, but leaving them out is bad. Especially for those of us that deal with multiple US and world timezones.

    It's not as simple as just knowing what time it is, it's about daylight savings and holidays, etc.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  20. #20  
    Another thread along the same lines

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ld-os-out.html
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions