1.    #1  
    So I called a smaller Sprint store about the Pre and he said they are definintely getting them in on Sat but he wasn't sure how many (the typical)
    but said we have taken 3 deposits already of $50 and if you want you can come in tomorrow and do the same and we will tag a pre with your name on it...

Hmmm anyone else doing this?
    I asked if there are 30 people waiting to get one, whats the deal, and he said well that's what our store is doing right now so it will be yours .....
    You may well give them a deposit and find on Saturday that you're not getting one. All you'll get is a shrug and "Sorry."
    Some non-corporate stores have said that they're following this policy. Every thing I've read says that Sprint-owned Sprint stores are being told not to do this, but that non-corporate Sprint stores can mostly do as they wish, so some of them are choosing to take deposits to "secure" phones.

I did a $50 deposit to secure a phone with a local store, but I have a back-up plan already in place in case they don't come through for me come Saturday morning.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    My Sprint store by RM Wireless said they have all ready received 8 in and there were only a few unclaimed. They allowed me to put a $100 deposit down with my MC over the phone for a guaranteed Pre Sat morning @ 8am. I'll still be there first thing when they open because I'm so excited to get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    You may well give them a deposit and find on Saturday that you're not getting one. All you'll get is a shrug and "Sorry."
    And hopefully your $50 back....

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  6.    #6  
    Its a tough situation to drop $50 and show up for them to say ah well your 10th in line and we only got 8 in so we had to give yours away and now its 1030am and you still have to make your way to your backup store to see if they have any left ....

Dunno what to do might have to scour the area tomorrow night for answers..