Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    i plan for 6am, but i will likely have insomnia and head there earlier
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNole21 View Post
    I like your confidence. I think you're probably going to be fine, I just can't risk missing one after waiting this long and following it so intently.

I'm planning on doing a drive by tonight around 11pm. If there's no line, I'll return in the morning around 6. If still no line, breakfast at Waffle House, then return by 7ish.
    I just think with no real radio/tv campaign yet (that I'm aware of) the 'masses' are unaware at this point. If the corp stores are expecting 30+ (most accounts have been much greater) then us 'in-the-know' should have no problem getting one at 8am on Saturday.

When the BB Storm launched, VZW had a huge TV/radio campaign going just before hand which brought in a lot of people who were only aware of it from those ads. My VZW had maybe a dozen people waiting for it at the store's opening on launch day. It wasn't that bad even with that sort of advertising.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I'll try Best Buy at 8, but they only have 2 in stock. If there is more than 1 person already there, I'll just go to the Sprint store since they have like 40.
    My plan was to go around 7:30ish to a sprint corp store but it seems like all the Sprint corp stores in my area will be opening at 10. So, I suppose I will head there for 9:00 and see how long the line is.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNole21 View Post
    I was at my local store yesterday talking to the rep I've gotten to know over the last few months. He was telling me that they only had 20. Then another rep came from the back and said they had just received another shipment that very moment with about 50 more. So, my store is up to 70ish and may get more today. Just what I was told. Take it fwiw.
    wow thats crazy, 70?! I need to find out how many my sprint store has because i dont want to go too early if i dont have to. 6am is when i will probably go
    The hubby and I will be there at midnight tonite...can't wait...were so excited!!!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I'll be leaving work around 2:30PM EST to get in line. I have a tent and a police scanner!
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    The hubby and I will be there at midnight tonite...can't wait...were so excited!!!
    Wow you guys are troopers! Thats cool, after i read all the reviews this week about the Pre I just got more and more excited to get one!
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by nebj00la View Post
    I'll be leaving work around 2:30PM EST to get in line. I have a tent and a police scanner!

2:30pm till 8am saturday????! You should post some pics, that would be cool haha
    Store opens at 8, I will be there at 6, small town, so I'm hoping to be first in line at my 3rd party store.
    I know they have 7 in stock, could get more today.
    I'm like a cat on a hot tin roof.
    Why is it that some sprint stores are opening at 8 and others at 10? Is it corporate stores only that are opening at 8, I'm confuzzled?
  12.    #72  
    i think corporate stores open at 8, i just got an email from Sprint saying the Pre is finally here and that doors will open early at 8am, i believe it has to be a corporate Sprint store, not a 3rd party
    Anyone who camps out from 230p-8a deserves a Pre more than me.
  14. DDD
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    Sure hope you don't live on the East Side of S.A.
    Also Known as 3_D
    I'm going to go to a best buy about 30 minutes away that has 5 in stock (my local one has 2). And will be pulling up there about 6 am.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Sure hope you don't live on the East Side of S.A.
    hahahaha nope...no east side for us!!!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    10min before you do
  18. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I'll be there at 7.
    10pm
    6:00 AM, just enough time to watch a movie while sipping on a cupajoe. (I really need some coffee. Go get me a cupajoe!)
    I see pandas.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast