Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm not telling.......but the police will ask why I am stand/sitting in front of the store so early.....LOL

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    7:45... went to my store today and they said you should get there a bit early but not go crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    I'm not telling.......but the police will ask why I am stand/sitting in front of the store so early.....LOL

IGO
    that would be funny if you get arrested and hauled off for trespassing and miss your Pre - when you try to explain "Pre" to officers and he says "never heard of it! let's go!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    that would be funny if you get arrested and hauled off for trespassing and miss your Pre - when you try to explain "Pre" to officers and he says "never heard of it! let's go!"
    I agree....lol
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  5.    #25  
    jagowar --> did they say how many they would be getting? That's strange, I have a feeling more people will be in line because the Pre is all over the news ever since Palm sent out the phones for review this week
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Going to the sprint store around 7am here in town... Not to worried. I don't think there will be too many in line in my town but you never know.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Uhm, you definitely have to have your phone/plan activated in store. As far as setting up your Palm account, that's a two minute process that you can do at home but really has little to do with activation.

The original iPhone launch had huge lines and you didn't have to activate your phone in store. The 3G launch was a disaster in which you did have to activate in store... ugh. That was the night of my rehearsal dinner (night before my wedding). I stood in line for 7 hours only to make it to the front and have to leave in time for rehearsal. The manager of the Apple store felt bad and when I returned from our honeymoon he hooked us up with two free 16GB iPhone 3Gs
    I just got a call from the local DFW Sprint store which I was on the list for. They said mine is reserved so I can get there between 8 and noon. I asked if they expected lines and they said definitely based on the number of calls they've gotten but apparently I was one of the first who called to get on the list, so mine's reserved. As someone else said on the forum, they said to come in today or tomorrow to set up my account so I can be in and out in 15 minutes on Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamMcNeeley View Post
    My plan for friday:

Get off work at 6pm. Head over to Duclaw, a great local brewery based in MD, drink their till about 1:30 their having two special beers on tap. After that catch a movie which is in the mall as well. After doing so I'll be sitting in a lawn chair outside the sprint store which is in the mall as well. I will of course have reading material and possibly my laptop. But I will be first lol.
    man, your theatres play movies that late??? the latest showings we have here in ks is 1030 pm at the max
    I'll be checking at the local sprint store tomorrow night after they close, and probably once again later. If noone is there, I'll be there very early in the morning.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I have a phone with my name on it ready to activate, I will walk in at noon to activate it from my friend(thats when she starts her shift) and then I will rush to work
    I always go a hour before the store opens on new releases but i think i might do a drive by around 6am and go from there.
    6:15 to 6:45 is my general target. The wife is gonna have to move it fast!
    About 7:45. According to the store manager I have one with my name on it. I'll find out soon enough.
    2am. i'm really hoping that no one else is there so i can't just sit in my car and wait. there's a 40% chance of rain saturday night.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    2 am is too early. I keep changing my mind. I will go at 6 and just chill in the truck until I see the first person go stand in line then I will join them
    Quote Originally Posted by kadafy View Post
    2 am is too early. I keep changing my mind. I will go at 6 and just chill in the truck until I see the first person go stand in line then I will join them
    thats my plan as well. 2 am is insane. i really dont think its going to be as bad as we think and if i showed up at 2 am and there wasn't much of a line at 7am i would be pissed lol
    Quote Originally Posted by c4sper View Post
    thats my plan as well. 2 am is insane. i really dont think its going to be as bad as we think and if i showed up at 2 am and there wasn't much of a line at 7am i would be pissed lol
    i just called one of the stores in the area and they already have someone camping out. I live southeast wisconsin and there are only 8 corp stores for over two million people, hence the reason i'm getting there early.

early bird gets the pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i'm showing up at 7:55am and i plan on waltzing right in.
    Good luck with that plan. Our store advocate said he had around ten devices and that he somehow found out that the local Best Buy's (two of them) had 1 device and 2 devices respectively.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I'll be at Tim Hortins at 5:45, Sprint at 6:00. And if the lines not too long, back to Tim Hortins for more of that crack-coffee.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast