Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Come Saturday, what phone will you be upgrading from? Some POS (like mine, haha) or a competing smartphone? Post 'em up!

Here's mine:

It's not that bad of a phone, but I've had it for a while and it's definitely time to treat myself to a nice upgrade. God, that unlimited data plan + tethering is going to be a GODSEND!
    I am upgrading from a Sprint HTC Touch, the original Touch.
    Well I would be upgrading from a Treo Pro, but I returned it within 30 day bc of the pre and now I'm using my old Centro
    my touch pro that i got free through sprint
    Nokia 5800 express music
    I'm currently with AT&T and I switch off between a bunch of different mobiles. Here's what I'll be selling this weekend when I port over to Sprint:

Blackberry Bold
    Treo 750
    Nokia N75
    Nokia 5800 Music XPress

What I'll be keeping for pre-paid GSM:
    Treo 680
    Nokia 6682
    Blackberry 7105t
    The original Moto Q... It was a productive little phone. I mean still is... for now. It will live on. I'm going to give it to a friend so he can be "productive" with it.

"In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    My first post here.

Anyways, I'm upgrading from a POS Samsung Upstage.
    Please search next time. Thanks! Oh, and I am switching from a P.O.S. HTC Touch Pro...

forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/179315-what-phone-will-you-giving-up-pre.html
    Samsung Instinct.

I'll miss it in someways...like my ability to use the Phone As Modem feature on it...which actually the phone isnt allowed to do but I hacked into it and use it all of the time as a modem, works pretty great too.

I wonder if I can hack into Pre and use a PAM feature on it without sprint being any the wiser?
    Palm Centro. Good Riddance.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Treo 650

Activated 1/3/05 and still running fine. I hadn't seen anything worth upgrading to until now. Looks like Dieter agrees

... from the Precentral review conclusion:
    "Palm got this whole smartphone game going in earnest with the Treo. They essentially won the world series of phones back with the Treo 650. Since then, well, Palm hasn't exactly been in the playoffs lately. Now they're back in it and swinging for the fences."
    SE 750i

Samsung Instinct

"Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    The best Palm Treo........800w!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by moody View Post
    SE 750i

But... But... But... that phone has QuickShare!!! Why would you give it up!!!

(WTH is QuickShare?)
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Broken iPhone and an HTC Touch Pro

Goodbye forever WinMo. If I ever see you again, I'm punching you in the face.

Once I get the Pre then the Touch Pro will go to Ebay and the iPhone will downgraded to being a gameboy/ipod/video camera(3.0)
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhay312 View Post
    The original Moto Q... It was a productive little phone. I mean still is... for now. It will live on. I'm going to give it to a friend so he can be "productive" with it.
    I am upgrading from the same... I like it's tethering capability, but I use it so infrequently that I wont miss it too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post

Broken iPhone and an HTC Touch Pro

Once I get the Pre then the Touch Pro will go to Ebay and the iPhone will downgraded to being a gameboy.
    My Touch Pro already went via eBay in preparation for the Pre. I've been using my Mogul in the meantime.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhay312 View Post

thats mine too... great phone for the most part.. 2 years old and still ticking.. and i really wouldnt get rid of it except i wanna see what the pre has to offer... got the Q after i bought a PPC6700 off ebay

(which in a few months resold on ebay for the Q since that ppc was a mess to handle) and never had real problems since..
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast