The article comments -

Palm Pre cellphone has a “media sync” feature which lets the device sync with iTunes in a fashion identical to an iPod.
    but my understanding from other postings is that the Pre will NOT sync DRM files. Only unprotected files. If that's true, than the Pre is not truly seen as an iPod.

Which way is it!?
    So just remove the DRM (Not illegal BTW untill you steal the DRM file)...It is a pain anyways...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  3.    #4  
    It wont sync DRM but itunes stopped that because of all the complaints. All music on itunes now is DRM free. Apple wouldnt be stupid enough to switch back.
    Well if Apple does "fix" this problem - here's an alternative: Palm Pre iTunes, Sync iTunes playlists to the Palm Pre | doubleTwist
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Well if Apple does "fix" this problem - here's an alternative: Palm Pre iTunes, Sync iTunes playlists to the Palm Pre | doubleTwist
    Sounds great! Thanks for the info!
    I don't see why Apple would "fix" an issue that will only bring them more potential revenue from iTunes store.
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo-SC View Post
    I don't see why Apple would "fix" an issue that will only bring them more potential revenue from iTunes store.
    Only i phone's and ipods are worthy to download from itunes.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    here's another story, from engadget about the "hack" of being able to sync with itunes.

Confirmed: Palm Pre's iTunes support is very, very hacky