Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    dan@sprint.com

02/02/09 Sprint Thanks Customers with Launch of Exclusive Program that Provides Unique Perks and Instant Rewards to Loyal Customers

After being automatically enrolled in Sprint Premier, customers receive benefits such as:

* First to Know/First to Buy: Longstanding customers get an exclusive first peek at new products and services such as the upcoming Palm Pre™, and then are among the first with opportunities to purchase when they become available.
    I'm down for writing a letter, but do we do it before or after the launch. It's probably too late to change their launch plans.
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    I would do it, but I don't have the artistic craft to come up with an professional and politically correct email. If someone came up with a template, I'd be more than willing to copy and paste it and send it. Mass letters might do the trick.
  4.    #4  
    ok let's see some templates we can copy, people.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Let go of your egos. Don't we have enough self-righteousness in this world? Why not give a little when it's easy to give? Let's make June 6 a blowout for Palm and Sprint.
    Ya I'm a premier customer and I don't think that I need any special privlidges so lets just quit wasting time and deal with it. People need to get a life.
    Premier memeber and I agree. Were all in this together and its a frikkken phone. Its Saturday 10am ( or 8am to some) . Lets all focus on Saturday now.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Let go of your egos. Don't we have enough self-righteousness in this world? Why not give a little when it's easy to give? Let's make June 6 a blowout for Palm and Sprint.
    "I want somebody's ****, I want it now, I've had it! Damn it, that's twice! I want some butts!"
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    hmm.. I got an email this morning regarding a false advertising class action suite which has been settled by sprint.. something to do with the palm 600 and wifi or something.. I deleted it (I have no interest in attaching myself to the ridiculous suite, in which the lawyers get like over a million $). You would think sprint would learn.. this type of advertising which states "and then are among the first with opportunities to purchase when they become available. " is opening them up to further class actions from some other scumbag attorneys? I'm still hoping for a pre-sale sale for premiers but if not then I just gotta wait another day... no big deal. I think there will be plenty to go around. heck it looks like advertising isn't even gonna kick off for a couple more weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    "I want somebody's ****, I want it now, I've had it! Damn it, that's twice! I want some butts!"
    "Goose, it's time to buzz the tower"
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    no snot nose jockeys going to fly by my tower at 800 knots. i want some butts.

love it.
    dan@sprint.com

and then are among the first with opportunities to purchase when they become available.
    Operative words are "among" and "opportunities". "Among" designates a pool or class from which you have an "opportunity" to be selected. If they selected a pool of Premier members for the invites and ALL Premier members were among this pool, I think there is no case. Misleading wording, yes, but did you do something to rely on this langauge, were you damaged in some way to your detriment by the interpretation of what you THOUGHT it meant?

I am sure Sprint corporate reads these boards and realizes that that they could have choosen better words and that we are all pissed and FEEL misled, but I have seen few if any posts that people are NOT going to try to still buy the PRE because they are pissed by this misleading "incentive".

Bad for Sprint's image with its loyal customers.. but when was Sprint ever concerned about loyal customers???

Palm should be the one pissed here.. it makes THEM look bad.

My $.02
    Last edited by ETUTREO300; 06/04/2009 at 04:00 PM.
    ETUTREO300
    My favorite movie!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Maverick, you just did an incredibly brave thing. What you should have done was land your plane! You don't own that plane, the taxpayers do! Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash. You've been busted, you've lost your qualifications as section leader three times, put in hack twice by me, with a history of high speed passes over five air control towers - and one admiral's daughter!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I actually wrote Mr. Dan very simply asking why, as a Sprint Premier member who has expressed interest in the Pre immediately following CES, was I not invited.

Angela, whom I think is coming to have a relationship with me, responded very nicely that it was a random drawing among Premier members.

Well, that satisfies me.

I've written Dan a few times in the past and Angela has dutifully responded each and every time.

I'm good. I'll wait.
    The Pre must be getting close, I'm getting a hard on.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I've been complaining about this for some time now. Like when we had time to do something about this. I've already sent emails to Dan and even to members of the board (shown below). I got replies and people called me but basically they have stringed me along and have done nothing.

This is a copy of one of the letters I sent.

To:
    Dxxxx.R.Hxxxxx@sprint.com,
    Boardinquiries@sprint.com,
    customerassist@sprint.com,
    Wxxxx.G.Axxxx@sprint.com,
    Kxxxx.Cxxx@sprint.com,
    Pxxxx.L.Axxxx@sprint.com,
    Jxxxx.A.Gxxxx@sprint.com,
    Cxxxx.A.Hxxx@sprint.com,
    Lxx.Kxxxxx@sprint.com,
    Rxxxxx.T.C.Lxxxx@sprint.com,
    Sxxxxx.J.Pxxxxx@sprint.com,
    Kxxxxx.Wxxxxx@sprint.com,
    bxxxx.wxxxx@sprint.com,
    bxxx.wxxxx@sprint.com

Sprint press release about the Sprint Premier program:
    Sprint | News Release: Sprint Thanks Customers with Launch of Exclusive Program that Provides Unique Perks and Instant Rewards to Loyal Customers

"First to Know/First to Buy: Longstanding customers get an exclusive first peek at new products and services such as the upcoming Palm Pre™, and then are among the first with opportunities to purchase when they become available."

Why is Sprint going against its own word when it comes to long standing customers? The press release specifically says Premier customers will be able to purchase the Pre first. In regards to my case# XXXXXXX Tiffany, who looked into the matter conveyed to me that Premier customers will not have the opportunity to purchase the Pre before everyone else and it would require a more expensive Simply Everything plan.

I'm very disappointed after being a customer for so long that Sprint would not follow through on their word. Hearing that I will be required to pay more for a Simply Everything plan to use the Pre when I already have Free and Clear plan with unlimited data and text is just unfair. This increase in my monthly bill will cause Sprint to no longer be the most economical choice. All these things are seriously making not only me, but my company looking to leave Sprint for another service provider that values customer loyalty.

I would appreciate a call at your earliest convenience, so that we may discuss this more fully. I can be reached by telephone at (XXX)XXX-XXXX

Sincerely,
    XXXX XXXXXXXX
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 06/04/2009 at 06:07 PM. Reason: No personal email on post!
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Good grief. This is embarrassing. Stop crying and just wait one more day.

The Premier program is a perk, not a purchase. They can change it as they please.

If you're seriously upset, speak with your pocket book and forget the Pre.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Good grief. This is embarrassing. Stop crying and just wait one more day.

The Premier program is a perk, not a purchase. They can change it as they please.

If you're seriously upset, speak with your pocket book and forget the Pre.
    I'm just standing up for my rights - as a consumer!

I'm just standing up for my rights - as a consumer!

Eightyfie Cent sounds downright reasonable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast