Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Take this with a grain of salt. I know the Premier customer issue has been discussed ad nauseum.

So I talked to my local sprint store. He said Saturday from 8am to 10am is a pre-sale for Premier customers only. He said all Premier customers would be contacted prior to Saturday about this pre-sale. He said from 10am on it would be a free for all. He was not willing to disucss the number of Pres in stock or how many they expected to get in, but did admit that higher traffic corporate stores would get more inventory than smaller stores.

My 2 cents.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    More like you owe me $5 for wasting my time.... lol

Why post something like this....???
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhay312 View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt. I know the Premier customer issue has been discussed ad nauseum.

So I talked to my local sprint store. He said Saturday from 8am to 10am is a pre-sale for Premier customers only. He said all Premier customers would be contacted prior to Saturday about this pre-sale. He said from 10am on it would be a free for all. He was not willing to disucss the number of Pres in stock or how many they expected to get in, but did admit that higher traffic corporate stores would get more inventory than smaller stores.

My 2 cents.
    I was told the same thing at my Sprint store yesterday.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    I appreciate you posting this; I want to have all the info I can. What I can not believe is that it's all still speculation at this point. Every store seems to be saying something different and changing their story day-to-day. Sign-up list; no sign-up list; yes there is a sign up list. Open Friday night; not open Friday night. Open early Saturday; not open early Saturday; maybe open early Saturday. They announced the launch date a while ago and yet Sprint and Palm still have not sent out the email notifications for people who signed up to be notified. They still haven't told Premier customers anything (except for the 10 cities with launch parties.) It's just incredible with the amount of time they had to plan this that there is so much confusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post

Premier members have been wondering what the heck is going on and why they have not gotten Premier Member perks (and rightfuly so). OP even states that they know it's been discussed to the point of nausea. Many simply want as much information as they can get as far as what other stores my be doing.

I've read some of your other posts regarding morality and encouraging others to do the right thing (which I agree with by the way). I would add that we need not be unnecesarily rude.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre-Me View Post
    Premier members have been wondering what the heck is going on and why they have not gotten Premier Member perks (and rightfuly so). OP even states that they know it's been discussed to the point of nausea. Many simply want as much information as they can get as far as what other stores my be doing.

I've read some of your other posts regarding morality and encouraging others to do the right thing (which I agree with by the way). I would add that we need not be unnecesarily rude.
    I wasn't being rude. This was a joke, though I apologize to the OP if it was misconstrued and can see how it could be.

OP.... I apologize if there was confusion about my post.

As for the content of the original post, I'm a Premier Member as well, but I also understand logistics. What has happened here is that Sprint had every intention of allowing us to buy our phones early until they starting thinking about this...

Here's the math...
    X number of Premier members in Y radius. Z percentage of Premier members may choose to get Pre. B number of Pre's have been sent to stores, with some stores only getting B-50%B, plus partner stores only receive C Pre's. How does Sprint account for this? What if Z+30% decide to buy Pre? They run out of Pre's for NEW customers.

Confusing... exactly. The reason we haven't heard ANYTHING is that they couldn't figure it out. So they stayed quiet...

And that's why I find speculation on something that has already been decided (as evidenced by the silence), amusing.

Hey man, we are in a depression. $5 is a little high.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Just got back from the Sprint store and they said nothing like this, unfortunately.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Hey man, we are in a depression. $5 is a little high.
    Recession... not a depression...

And my hourly rate is $150... so yeah, I guess you're right. One minute of my time is about $2.50. Seems a little more fair. You're correct. I've adjusted the invoice...
    Recession... not a depression...

And my hourly rate is $150... so yeah, I guess you're right. One minute of my time is about $2.50. Seems a little more fair. You're correct. I've adjusted the invoice...
    You call 10 trillion a Recession?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    My store told me today that they are opening at 8am for all customers. It's a corporate store.
    The only problem with this is that I am sure there will be a line of people there at 8 AM for a 10 AM opening. There will probably be a mixture of Premier and Regular customers. If this happens, it is not going to be pretty. People will be fighting, especially if they think someone is cutting. I really don't see this happening.
    If what you are saying is true. They may do like they did with the Instinct. If I recall, (correct me if I am wrong), but they sent out an email 2 days before the launch saying you could get the Instinct as a Premier customer the day before the actual Launch date. So they may just be doing this for a couple of hours before they open instead of the day before.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    My store told me today that they are opening at 8am for all customers. It's a corporate store.
    That's kind of what they told me too, but people who signed up on Sprint.com would get an email telling them that they would be open at 8. They usually open at 10 so most people wouldn't know. It sounded like they wouldn't check for premiere status, but she was a little vague on the details.

I was just happy she spoke to me, the last two times I was in there I only got nods yes and no to my questions. And they say Sprint doesn't have good CS.
    Oh, ok. Sorry for misunderstanding. I agree 100% as far as available inventory and Sprint wanting new customers. I stated pretty much the same thing in another thread (without the math detail) and with the added speculation that they wanted to get as many new customers as possible before the new iPhone news/release.

I wasn't being rude. This was a joke, though I apologize to the OP if it was misconstrued and can see how it could be.

OP.... I apologize if there was confusion about my post.

As for the content of the original post, I'm a Premier Member as well, but I also understand logistics. What has happened here is that Sprint had every intention of allowing us to buy our phones early until they starting thinking about this...

Here's the math...
    X number of Premier members in Y radius. Z percentage of Premier members may choose to get Pre. B number of Pre's have been sent to stores, with some stores only getting B-50%B, plus partner stores only receive C Pre's. How does Sprint account for this? What if Z+30% decide to buy Pre? They run out of Pre's for NEW customers.

Confusing... exactly. The reason we haven't heard ANYTHING is that they couldn't figure it out. So they stayed quiet...

And that's why I find speculation on something that has already been decided (as evidenced by the silence), amusing.
    None of the stores I've visited, corporate or independent, are taking waiting lists. They're all first-come-first-served. That means lines, or finding a store (like the one I found) that has more than the expected demand. It's a tiny shop in a small town, whose customer base seems to be teenagers and construction workers. The guy running the show says he has 8 (I saw them!) and only 4 customers who say they're definitely buying.

He also says the initial crush might be severe in some places, but a ton of folks at his other stores have said they don't care about launch day and will simply have the store order the phone. Orders placed on Saturday are expected to arrive first thing Monday. He believes Palm has a much bigger supply then we've been lead to believe, but they're carefully doling out the first batch to stores in small quantities. There is plenty of supply to go around and they'll be sending more out to stores on a daily basis. So if anyone gets shut out from walking away with one Saturday morning they can still order it then and get it Monday. Not ideal, but far better than having to wait a month to get one!
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    People will be fighting, especially if they think someone is cutting.
    New Math: gas mask + stink bomb = no line
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    New Math: gas mask + stink bomb = no line
    There is usually a line at prison....
    Well, so far all the Sprint Stores I called/visited (Corp. and Ind.) will be first come first serve and will open at 8am on Sat. and only one of those (Independent of course) has a list and all the Pre phones are spoken for, the manager will put a sign at front of store saying "no Pre in this store, sorry". He offer to order one on my account and have it on monday morning in store or ship to my house.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    There is usually a line at prison....
    And soap.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast