Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ^&%%^$%^#@$%&**()&*()^&)%$$^$!!!!! Sprint!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Northeast. Connecticut to be exactly. I really am not into adding more fuel to the fire but i littlerally spent over an hour on the fone today calling all the sprint stores around me in a 20 mile radius. I honestly believe what i stated above is true becuase every person that i talked to at a sprint store was acting so secretly i barely could get any info at all out of them before I explained what i was told yesterday by a manager at a corperate store. All 3 corp. stores did indeed confirm that info about the email after i asked to speak to the manager but still was quite unwilling to tell me anymore than you will get a email from sprint by friday evening.

Edit: I was also told by 2 of the sprint stores which i was reluctant to believe for some reason is that if a customer does show up at a coperate store and is unable to purchase a Pre because that store did sell out, your name and # will be taken down and you will be called when the next shippment arrives were you will be able to pick it up from that store.
    Quote Originally Posted by coney27 View Post
    Northeast. Connecticut to be exactly. I really am not into adding more fuel to the fire but i littlerally spent over an hour on the fone today calling all the sprint stores around me in a 20 mile radius. I honestly believe what i stated above is true becuase every person that i talked to at a sprint store was acting so secretly i barely could get any info at all out of them before I explained what i was told yesterday by a manager at a corperate store. All 3 corp. stores did indeed confirm that info about the email after i asked to speak to the manager but still was quite unwilling to tell me anymore than you will get a email from sprint by friday evening.
    i agree based on what i've heard firsthand and secondhand and piecing it all together.

Corporate Stores
    Sat - 8am-10am = Premier with Email
    Sat - 10am and on = ALL

NON-Corporate Stores
    Sat - 8am and on = ALL

Best Buy, Walmart, Radio Shack
    Sat - Normal Hours = ALL

this would be great - i really don't want to have to contend with any miscreants while in line.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    this would be great - i really don't want to have to contend with any miscreants while in line.

Yup my thoughts exactly. I honestly feel like this is what is going to happen. This would make my day soooooo much eaiser. We just got to wait till tommorow afternoon to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by coney27 View Post
    Yup my thoughts exactly. I honestly feel like this is what is going to happen. This would make my day soooooo much eaiser. We just got to wait till tommorow afternoon to be sure.
    you'd think they'd give people some advance notice. sending the email out at the last minute does not help those with families and kids and wives and soccer games etc. good for me though!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe it's by design to reduce chaos? the early bird gets the worm?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    you'd think they'd give people some advance notice. sending the email out at the last minute does not help those with families and kids and wives and soccer games etc. good for me though!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe it's by design to reduce chaos? the early bird gets the worm?
    Hahah im in the same boat too. I also was questioning why they are wating till the last minute but im sure they have their reasons. Im just confident now that I wont need to be camping out at 6am just to get my hands on this phone. Like comon i am a "Premier customer" lol.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    HOly SmOkes, Gekko!
    Please tell me you're nowhere near Denville, New Jersey!! Clearly you're taking your game to the next level. Keep me away from whatever line you're in!!
    Rambo, I'm the guy you need to worry about... I live in Rockaway.....

Lucky for you, however, I'll be in Pittsburgh on Saturday! If we all get an email that says we have to get our 'early AM' Pre at a certain store near home, I'm gonna be like a race car in the red. I'm just sayin', it ain't good to keep a race car in the red...

rotello
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    i agree based on what i've heard firsthand and secondhand and piecing it all together.

Corporate Stores
    Sat - 8am-10am = Premier with Email
    Sat - 10am and on = ALL

NON-Corporate Stores
    Sat - 8am and on = ALL

Best Buy, Walmart, Radio Shack
    Sat - Normal Hours = ALL

Sounds good to me. Unfortunately our local corp. store has been telling everyone who asks 8AM Saturday whether they are premier or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    Sounds good to me. Unfortunately our local corp. store has been telling everyone who asks 8AM Saturday whether they are premier or not.
    well you may need an email for early entry/buy. hopefully they can keep the riffraff out. we'll know soon.

what geographic area are you in?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    well you may need an email for early entry/buy. hopefully they can keep the riffraff out. we'll know soon.

what geographic area are you in?
    I was told 8am by my corp store and that they would sell to anyone, premier or not, email or not. SW Ohio.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Yup, I was told 8 am to anybody. They're assuming if you're there, you know from the email that we're supposed to get. It didn't seem like they knew exactly what was going on though so we'll see.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    NE Ohio here and my local sprint stores both said 8am, first come, first serve.

Having worked for big cooperations in the past, organizing something like this 2 hour early premier thing last minute just doesn't seem very likely.

Plus...I think it would do Sprint more harm than good to have people standing in line and watching "VIP" members walking right in in front of them.....for a company that is already known for bad customer service, I can't imagine them pulling something like that at last minute. The ONLY way I could see something like that happening would be if they let the premier folks in late Friday but it is waaay too late for that now.
    I agree that it would be really bad for Sprint to have a Premier event from 8-10, when the corp stores around here have said you better be here early if you want one to new customers. I know if I'm in line at a corp store at 7:45 and when they open at 8:00 a bunch of think they're so special types get to walk right past me to get a Pre, I'll probably reconsider the choice of signing up with Sprint.

If Sprint wants to do something for VIPs, then they need to do it secretively from what the corp stores are telling new customers wanting to sign up (and offering to prepay for a Pre) for 3 lines on $150+ month plan. Don't worry, I'm only wanting 1 Pre though.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    as a Premier customer, I would feel like a jerk going to the front of the line, because I was special. I hope there is no email, as my store is telling is telling everyone that they open at 8 instead of 9 (their regular hours)
    Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    as a Premier customer, I would feel like a jerk going to the front of the line, because I was special. I hope there is no email, as my store is telling is telling everyone that they open at 8 instead of 9 (their regular hours)
    have a bloody mary or two for breakfast and you'll waltz right through.
    Theres would be nothing wrong with using your benefits of being a premier customer. Premiere customers are the only ones ( by invite) getting there pre's tomorrow night at the parties. Would you say no if you got a party invite. Its called a benefit for a reason. Same thing as when your on a line at ShopRite and you see somone swip a Premiere Custoimer little plastic card and get money off there order becuase they are a premiere memeber. I am a premiere memeber with Direct TV and I get free stuff all the time. I have a special phone number that the public dose not have to call when I have a problem. No waiting on hold. Again its a benefit from a company for being a loyal customer. Nothing to be ashamed of.
    Even if this is true. It won't work. They've already told too many people who aren't Premier to come at 8am (I'm premier but they didn't know that when they told me). Can you imagine the non-Premier people camping out only to watch me drive up at 7:59am and moving to the front of the line.

. . . So much for those Sprint converts.

Can't work!
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Even if this is true. It won't work. They've already told too many people who aren't Premier to come at 8am (I'm premier but they didn't know that when they told me). Can you imagine the non-Premier people camping out only to watch me drive up at 7:59am and moving to the front of the line.

Can't work!
    most stores are just telling people regular hours. that's the corporate line.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post

Can't work!
    Release day is a no win situation for anyone, but in the end it will all work out.
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    This would explain why some stores were originally telling me and others 8am and then said 10am later. One store did tell me both. First she said 8am then she said "go to sprint and sign up" and wait for your email .That was the first time I had heard of these emails for premiere customers. we shall see.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast