1.    #1  
    I just got back from my local Best Buy. I showed the mobile manager the printout of the leaked inventory of Pre's and he shook his head. He said the figures are wrong. But not wrong in a good way. Like for his store it said 3 were in transit. He already had the phones and only got 2. He looked at the other stores and what they had, and then took me over to the computer and pulled up a bunch of stores and showed me that most of the stores are getting a lot less than what was stated in the PDF file. We went through a good portion of the list.

So don't depend on the list you saw. I looks like Best Buy won't be getting that much. It looked like the largest stores were getting around 10, maybe a little more, to some of the smaller stores only getting 0 or 1. I didn't see the entire list but it didn't look good.

You might want to look at alternate plans other than Best Buy. He did say that they were told that the Sprint stores were getting a larger amount than most people expect.
    The internal Best Buy inventory system is called "RSS". So, I called my local store and pretended that I was an employee in Portland and that my RSS system was down. I asked if she would look something up for me because I had a customer who will be in Eugene this weekend and was interested in product SKU# 9337595. She gladly looked up the data, and it was on par with what the PDF file shows.

I'm not sure if I believe that the numbers in their internal system is incorrect. Why would it be?
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    The file seemed to accurately reflect the (disappointingly low) numbers I'd gathered by calling several local BBs.
  4. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Just a reminder to people who want to go to this awful places (bestbuy, radioshack, walmart) that if you have an issue with your phone, it can only be returned to that company. I know the instant MIR is alluring, but for the love of God and all that is holy, stop patronizing these ****holes.
  5.    #5  
    Some stores were right. His store was suppose to get 3, but he only got 2. They are not getting what was suppose to come to them. I my area he said the numbers are way off. With one store saying it has 7, he talked to that manager and they only got 2 also. It could say that is what is coming, but that is not what is showing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Just a reminder to people who want to go to this awful places (bestbuy, radioshack, walmart) that if you have an issue with your phone, it can only be returned to that company. I know the instant MIR is alluring, but for the love of God and all that is holy, stop patronizing these ****holes.
    Uh, this is not true. If I had an issue with my phone in the first 30 days, I would take it back to Best Buy. If it was after the first 30 days, well, I plan on having insurance on my phone. I will not need to go through Best Buy for issues with my phone. The Sprint Store and/or the insurance company will be my terminal, not Best Buy.

Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    Some stores were right. His store was suppose to get 3, but he only got 2. They are not getting what was suppose to come to them. I my area he said the numbers are way off. With one store saying it has 7, he talked to that manager and they only got 2 also. It could say that is what is coming, but that is not what is showing up.
    Really? His store ordered phones that never showed up and he's not bothered by it? Hmmm.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
  7.    #7  
    He was bothered by it but there was nothing he could do for launch. He talked to the regional manager and he told them for some reason some stores are getting shorted on their orders. He told me I was better off going to the Sprint store, because they are getting a lot more than most expect, at least that's what his regional manager told him. If you want to wait in line at Best Buy go ahead. I would rather have bought at the Best Buy to get my reward points, but I now have to go to Sprint store to make sure I get one.
    I talked to one of the Mobile guys at a Best Buy here in Chicago. He said it states in the system that they will get 20, but he heard from his manager that they will only receive 10.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL