Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  

So Sprint has my upgrade date messed up in their system, in that even though my contract expires next month it is showing that I am not eligible for the full upgrade credit until Jul '10. They are now telling me that they can only notate my account to show that I am truly eligible for the upgrade, but that I have to go through telesales for the upgrade, as they will be the only ones who can see the notation.

I have 2 major issues with this:
    1. We have no idea yet when the Pre will be available via telesales, only that it won't be the same time as the launch this Sat. So because of Sprints error, I have to sit on the sidelines and watch everyone play with their new toys while I twiddle my thumbs. - Thanks Sprint.
    2. I am being forced to buy the phone through Sprint, and cannot take advantage of an instant rebate offered through Best Buy. This one bugs me the most. I have to put up an extra $100 more than I wanted to, even though temporarily, and this could delay my purchase. - Again thanks Sprint.

They did say they would notate on my account I could use the upgrade on either of my lines bacause of the trouble it has caused - but I will beleive that when I see it. Heck I don't even truly know if they even notated my account to show I am eliglble for the upgrade.

Why is getting my PrPrPr&#$275$; $turning$ $out$ $to$ $be$ $so$ $difficult$!?!?!?!? $Aaaaarrrgggghhhhh$!!!
    That shouldnt be correct. Corporate stores should be able to see the notes also. My notes has a notation that I should be sold a PRE for $199 and was told just mention it to the salesperson BUT I cant buy it at Best Buy , Radio Shack or Resellers. They cant see the notes OR make adjustments like that.

I have a suggestion, drive to a local Sprint store. ( Coporate only) and ask them to call up your account and see of its in the notes. They should be able to see it. If not then its not in the notes.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I have a suggestion, drive to a local Sprint store. ( Coporate only) and ask them to call up your account and see of its in the notes. They should be able to see it. If not then its not in the notes.
    Good call... I will check that out.
    Call back Sprint too, and ask the new rep if they can see the notes. It helps to have the date the note was supposed to be put in.

You will be barred from ordering the out-of-contract price online due tothe error, FYI.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    My upgrade date is messed up as well. I did get it noted on my account, but also went to a corp sprint store where i am going to buy to see if the notes were there. I think it matters most at the store the heck with what Cs says. Imagine camping out only to find no upgrade discount no MIR... I would be pissed. Anyway on the first attempt the notes were not there. From the store I called sprint to get it fixed. When i went back into the store they could see all of my past notes including the upgrade note that were not there before.

Your right i cannot get the instant rebate from BB, but I can bill to account at Sprint.By the time the bill is due maybe my rebate will be here too.

MTW
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    dude i checked iwth my store and they said they need to call the corporate store to verify cuase i ahve a similar issue. they should i should be fine though it will take longer to check me out.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat - I'm technically eligible now for the full upgrade, but the date in the system is in 2010. They have noted my account, yada yada yada. I talked to 2 different sales reps at local best buy stores and they said it won't be a problem - they'll just call into Sprint themselves and validate that the information is accurate. Hopefully they're right...
    Just double check with Best buy. I went to BB 2 weeks ago and the woman said they were getting 4-6 Pres. She said NO PRE SALES but asked me if I wanted she would hold one for me since I was the first person to ask. I told her about the Notation on my account and she said that BB can not see the special notes and are not allowed to make changes to an account and the best they would do is put telesales on the line with me to make a sale BUT that it would be purchased from Telesales and not BB . I might go back to Best buy tomorrow and re check. I got the same answer from antother BB i called 2 days ago. same thing. they can not see the special notes in the system and they have no authority to make any changes to accounts. they go strictly by what they see in the system.
  9.    #9  
    Stopped by my local corp store and they confirmed that they indeed can see the notes on my account stating that I am eligible for the upgrade...BUT unless customer service updates the actual Upgrade Eligibility date in the system they said they can't do anything. They said they can't do anything just off the notes.
    If this is true, then I highly doubt Best Buy could do any upgrades if the eligibility date is incorrect in the system either.

I will stop by another corp store this evening and see what the results at that location are.

The rep did say they are having a "Pre" meeting tonight where the manager is supposed to give them all the details on the launch. He also stated they are expecting to receive 25-30 Pres before Saturday.
    are you talking about your device upgrade date or your contract date... contract dates always change b/c anytime you add or subtract an add-on from your account the contract date resets.... your device eligibility is from the date that you pick up your phone... so when you get a new phone your eligibility date and your contract date will be out until june 6, 2010 or 2011 or what ever the new upgrade program is designated to, depending on your account type and eligibility
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    are you talking about your device upgrade date or your contract date... contract dates always change b/c anytime you add or subtract an add-on from your account the contract date resets.... your device eligibility is from the date that you pick up your phone... so when you get a new phone your eligibility date and your contract date will be out until june 6, 2010 or 2011 or what ever the new upgrade program is designated to, depending on your account type and eligibility
    Device Upgrade date. I have 2 lines opened in Jul '07. I upgraded 1 line in Jul '08, however for some reason they show both lines were upgraded. Thus the upgrade eligibility date is incorrect in the system. Sprint acknowledges the error - and has agreed that I am due an upgrade on the 2nd line. But, that doesn't help put a Pre in my hand on Saturday.
    As far as Best Buy goes, this is what I heard from a Sprint rep today. You MUST activate in the store to purchase. All activations at Best Buy are done through the Geek Squad, and they charge a setup fee. Now I know this sounds crazy, but if it's true and the Geek Squad is going to tack on a special $30 or so fee, that instant rebate starts looking less and less attractive.

As far as telesales having stock, I've heard from several knowledgeable folks who all say yes, there will be PLENTY of Pres for telesales customers. This "shortage" with Pre's on Saturday is completely artificial, with Palm and Sprint deciding to dole them out in a more controlled fashion. Concerns about a crush of activations taxing the system are a prime example. The iPhone release fiasco has taught everyone a valuable lesson (besides how much the iPhone sucks) and nobody wants to look as bad as AT&T did during that first week of madness. If you don't get one on Saturday morning, you can order it right then and there in the store and should have it on Monday.

FWIW.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    As far as Best Buy goes, this is what I heard from a Sprint rep today. You MUST activate in the store to purchase. All activations at Best Buy are done through the Geek Squad, and they charge a setup fee. Now I know this sounds crazy, but if it's true and the Geek Squad is going to tack on a special $30 or so fee, that instant rebate starts looking less and less attractive.

As far as telesales having stock, I've heard from several knowledgeable folks who all say yes, there will be PLENTY of Pres for telesales customers. This "shortage" with Pre's on Saturday is completely artificial, with Palm and Sprint deciding to dole them out in a more controlled fashion. Concerns about a crush of activations taxing the system are a prime example. The iPhone release fiasco has taught everyone a valuable lesson (besides how much the iPhone sucks) and nobody wants to look as bad as AT&T did during that first week of madness. If you don't get one on Saturday morning, you can order it right then and there in the store and should have it on Monday.

FWIW.
    I used to work at bestbuy.
    Some managers try to do that to push services. I would threaten to go to corporate if they try to make you get a service. I had to fight managers all the time on this. They can't force you to get a service when you are buying a product. IF they try to do it call them out on it.
    And unless it has changed that service is a Smart Phone Setup service not activation. All activations at my Bestbuy were done at the Mobile Phone Department. Then Bestbuy Mobile when it became one. I doubt that has changed in the last year since I went into my old bestbuy to ask about the pre and they didn't say anything like that to me. Maybe because I used to work geeksquad and they know not to try that.
    Figured this might be a good thread to ask: Is there any confirmation that we wont be able to do ESN switches at all? Something bout the line the PRE gets activated too needs to stay on that number w/ the profile?
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    Figured this might be a good thread to ask: Is there any confirmation that we wont be able to do ESN switches at all? Something bout the line the PRE gets activated too needs to stay on that number w/ the profile?
    Well, in case I can't get my way, I'll just buy a Pre on a new line of service; I have 4 lines and 3 are out of contract, so...I don't really care about keeping my old number: New phone New number
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Most non-Sprint-owned stores will charge a $36 activation fee. That is the way it is. I'll loan Sprint the hundred bucks, and they'll pay me back when they can. It's just the way it's done.
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Well, in case I can't get my way, I'll just buy a Pre on a new line of service; I have 4 lines and 3 are out of contract, so...I don't really care about keeping my old number: New phone New number
    Well both lines are mine...one is just for work, the other is personal. I dont have much of a huge problem switching the two....I just rather keep the line for personal that I have been using for the last 5 years.

Still anyone have any indication towards the PRE needing to stay on the activated line? I just cant see why you would possibly never be able to switch the line?

Update: after looking at the Palm Pre Sprint Activation process I see NOTHING on there that mentions the PRE needs to be tied into the line being upgraded. So I do not see why an ESN switch can not be done.
    Last edited by titansluvpre; 06/04/2009 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Update
    i had the same problem. i'm the original line but when we signed a new contract last year they changed it to one of the lines that was added, so now that one is the premier line. i called and they said they could change it for me but i would have to wait for my next billing cycle for it to take effect (don't understand why - if i change plans they can make it happen immediately). so basically, if i wanted it then i would only get the $75 discount. they would credit my account back the difference but that means i have to shell out all that money just to get the phone. i told them that wasn't going to happen - it was their f up not mine. after two hours of yelling, i get to upgrade the other line and then reprogram it the same day. plus, when i call in they will give me the $100 rebate instantly instead of via mail since they screwed up (even gave me a reference number!).

sprint's cs really sucks but with a little persistence, you can usually get what you want. just keep asking for a supervisor. what ever happened to the customer is always right, especially when they are!
    Quote Originally Posted by i.freakin.heart.palm View Post
    i had the same problem. i'm the original line but when we signed a new contract last year they changed it to one of the lines that was added, so now that one is the premier line. i called and they said they could change it for me but i would have to wait for my next billing cycle for it to take effect (don't understand why - if i change plans they can make it happen immediately). so basically, if i wanted it then i would only get the $75 discount. they would credit my account back the difference but that means i have to shell out all that money just to get the phone. i told them that wasn't going to happen - it was their f up not mine. after two hours of yelling, i get to upgrade the other line and then reprogram it the same day. plus, when i call in they will give me the $100 rebate instantly instead of via mail since they screwed up (even gave me a reference number!).

sprint's cs really sucks but with a little persistence, you can usually get what you want. just keep asking for a supervisor. what ever happened to the customer is always right, especially when they are!
    I just want to confirm, Sprint said they will be able to do an ESn switch for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    not true, if you look at the sprint web site, and look under "change your plan" options you will see a note at the bottom that "changes in your plan DO NOT change your contract date". The only time if will change your contract date is if you sign a new one at the store, or sprint calls you and gives you a special rate if you do a contract ext. BUT you are partly right about your contract end date effecting your not upgrade eligibility, you can go to the store and buy the phone w/out a new contract and you would still have the same upgrade eligibility as you did before the new phone (but you would not get the discount for the phone), you would only use that up if you sign up for a new contract. but when you sign up for the new contract it does state in it that you have to wait an "X" maount of time before you can get an upgrade discount again. (or like sprint used to do, you get and smaller discount at 1 year and the full discount at 2 years, dunno if they still do that though)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast