Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So whos going to camp it out? I've got hot pot materials, a port-o-potty rented, and lots of booze. But unfortunately only 1 store in my area is advertised for selling the pre.

Kinda curious what everyone else is planning on doing.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I've got a Sprint Store right across from a best buy near me. So I'm waking up at 6, getting some coffee and breakfast, the heading for the Sprint Store. if there is some huge line there but not at the Best Buy, then I'll line up at the Best Buy. Honestly though? I'm not expecting any problems in getting one at all.

Hell, if I got a Wii on launch day, this will be no sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by tempuraudon View Post
    So whos going to camp it out? I've got hot pot materials, a port-o-potty rented, and lots of booze. But unfortunately only 1 store in my area is advertised for selling the pre.
    Are you exaggerating your plan?? Port-o-potty? No, you must be kidding.

Anyway, I'm not campin' out...but I will show up at Best Buy by 8am (they open at 10am) and I hope nobody is there upon my arrival.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    i think theres more hype in the tech blog circles than in the mainstream, go ask someone at random that uses a smart phone what a pre is, they will look at you like you have a blue d** growing out of your forehead.
    The Sprint stores in my area of Georgia all expect lines, but I figure 60-90 minutes before opening should be more than sufficient. I have a toddler, so I'll likely be up anyway between 6:30-7:30am.
    Quote Originally Posted by tempuraudon View Post

Kinda curious what everyone else is planning on doing.
    porta potty? are you kidding???

just wear a diaper, dummy!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    The Sprint stores in my area of Georgia all expect lines, but I figure 60-90 minutes before opening should be more than sufficient. I have a toddler, so I'll likely be up anyway between 6:30-7:30am.
    corp or ind?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cr12 View Post
    i think theres more hype in the tech blog circles than in the mainstream, go ask someone at random that uses a smart phone what a pre is, they will look at you like you have a blue d** growing out of your forehead.
    I hear you on that. I showed someone my Palm Centro a couple months back, and they didnt even know what Palm is. My circle of friends don't really know anything about Palm either.....
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    porta potty? are you kidding???

just wear a diaper, dummy!
    Hey, i would wear a diaper, but then what about every1 else. Gotta share the luxury. All i ask is for dibs on the first #2. HAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    corp or ind?
    Corp.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I will be at the sprint store at 730. If they have a crazy line then I'm to best buy to wait there. Only have 6 of them there so who knows.
  12.    #12  
    seems every1 is pretty mellow about camping times. I think i need to cancel my port-o-potty.
    Just received a call from Best Buy but I missed the call. I had called on Monday to ask if they were taking deposits for pre-orders. The employee left a message this message on my voice mail:

Hi, this is Esther calling from Best Buy. Just returning your call to let you know, regarding the Palm Pre, that it is first come, first serve and it is a limited amount. So, if you really, really want to get one, I was told that you probably will have to wait in line for one.
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 06/04/2009 at 12:42 PM.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Not even going to bother lining up as I have two on reserve at a Ind store locally. Great guy there, has about half of his 15 allotted the other half is available for sale.

There is less interest in the device than people here think. I don't think that on average you need to line up very early.

I was very impressed with the time I got to spend with a live unit today.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I'll be driving home best the corp. Sprint store after our daughter's recital. If there is a line Friday, I'm stopping; otherwise, probably around 5 am.

Either way, the empty gallon milk jug is my porta potty...lol.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I'll be driving home past the corp. Sprint store after our daughter's recital. If there is a line Friday, I'm stopping; otherwise, probably around 5 am.

Either way, the empty gallon milk jug is my porta potty...lol.
    Why are you asking my plans? Are you trying to get in line before me? We're not in the same state, are we? You don't live in...

Wait a minute - nice try, but I'm not about to reveal what state I'm in. There's enough competition here already. Don't even think about asking which store I'm camping at. I have dogs. BIG dogs.

I believe that biggest Palm Pre enthusiast are probably on this forum. So if nobody here is really planning on camping overnight, more than likely nobody is.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    I believe that biggest Palm Pre enthusiast are probably on this forum. So if nobody here is really planning on camping overnight, more than likely nobody is.
    Lets hope your right
    knucklehead in my local non-corp store told me "we expect at least 500 customers at the doors at 8am" and "we stopped taking names at 500" and "we only have 10 Pres" and "the corporate store manager told me that he will only have 20 Pres if he's lucky". i felt like telling him to go smoke another cigarette. of course i think this was the same dude that told me September release date.

the caliber of people is definitely a lot higher in the corporate stores IMO.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast