Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just took a look at a pre in radio shack. I couldn't play with the home screen or anything since the phone wasn't activated. I couldn't toy with the calendar, or web browser at all so I just checked out the keyboard and form factor.

First, the keyboard is going to be an issue. I'm not sold on the usability of it coming off of a treo 755. That slider definitely gets in the way when you're trying to type. The keys are very thin. The edges are definitely very sharp and could wind up scratching someone somehow.

The pre is very small. I didn't get the whole " oh my god this feels organic, or hydroponically orgasmic on the green scale " type of sensation when I held it.

Form factor-wise It felt ok in the hand. The screen looks gorgeous - that's for sure. The keyboard platform does feel very thin when the slider is extended. The plastic feel is noted, as it does actually feel this way in the hand. Not cheap but not a super high end feel either. Somewhere in between.

Since all I could do was hold it and type, that's all I can comment on.
    I'm sure the multitouch will be a marvel to behold as well as the synergistic capabilities, but that will have to wait until saturday.

Damn, if only that keyboard was solid, I'd be absolutely sold. Cripes, this isn't going to be an easy decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    knucklehead in my local non-corp store told me "we expect at least 500 customers at the doors at 8am" and "we stopped taking names at 500" and "we only have 10 Pres" and "the corporate store manager told me that he will only have 20 Pres if he's lucky". i felt like telling him to go smoke another cigarette. of course i think this was the same dude that told me September release date.
    For me, that pretty much summarizes the whole notion of waiting lists and guaranteed Pre.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    The edges are definitely very sharp and could wind up scratching someone somehow.
    Huh? Scratched by a phone? How? I don't understand this.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    id line up early if they did the referal plans instore also.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    The edges are definitely very sharp. You'll see when you check it out. I'm not going to try to give you a scenario of how it will scratch you, I'm just going to say there are sharp edges. The possibilities are there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Gizmodo was cuttin' cheese with it. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre-Me View Post
    Gizmodo was cuttin' cheese with it. LOL
    Yeah, I saw that. I can certainly see how its possible after handling the phone today. sheesh
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12