1.    #1  
    I haven't seen anything detailing in the Preferences an ability to either "force" roaming or disable it. I have a Treo 700p right now and often change to "roaming networks only" in areas where I get poor Sprint reception and I want to make a call or send txt messages.

Has anyone seen screen shots of a menu or preference area where this can be toggled within WebOS?
    I know in the newer blackberry os releases the option to roam only has been removed. My guess is this was at Sprint's request and may be the same on the pre, but can't say for sure since I dont have one in my hands yet.
    Page 103 of the User Guide:
    1. Open Phone
    2. Open the application menu and tap Preferences
    3. Under Network, set any of the following:
    Voice Network: Tap Sprint Only to allow phone calls only when you are on the Sprint
    network, or tap Automatic to allow roaming on other networks.
    Apparently no option to force roaming.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    One of the videos of the emulator by InvisibleMan also showed the phone menu with no force roaming option.
    I really hope they either add it or "Roaming Only" is an option because I need that to get signal at home.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I really hope they either add it or "Roaming Only" is an option because I need that to get signal at home.
    Why not just call sprint and have them send you an Airave?
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    Why not just call sprint and have them send you an Airave?
    My billing address is a different address than my house, I wonder if they would still send me one...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

My billing address is a different address than my house, I wonder if they would still send me one...
    Shouldn't matter. My friend's billing address is at his parents' house in Washington, he lives in LA, and runs a company just south of San Jose. They sent him one, no problem.
    Did he just call retentions and ask for an airave or just rant on about the bad signal? I am wondering which route to take .

I'd recommend calling retentions, tell them about your crappy signal at home, and tell them that you'd really like to get a Pre and stay with Sprint, but that you're at your wit's end about the signal issue. Shouldn't take much more than that ....

Good luck!
    I'd recommend calling retentions, tell them about your crappy signal at home, and tell them that you'd really like to get a Pre and stay with Sprint, but that you're at your wit's end about the signal issue. Shouldn't take much more than that ....

Good luck!
    Aha it worked! But they only gave me 24 months of free service . Hopefully by then, the Pre will have a force roaming option.

Aha it worked! But they only gave me 24 months of free service . Hopefully by then, the Pre will have a force roaming option.
    Or, in 24 months, you can call them to get another 24 months of free service ...
    Or, in 24 months, you can call them to get another 24 months of free service ...
    HAHA I should make an automated recording for every 24 months .

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    It really sucks that I have to deal with getting an Airave to make my Pre work right when simply being able to force it to roam at home would fix my issue...

Although, I had a rather interesting experience... the first tech I spoke with simply wanted me to reboot my phone... (turn it off, remove the battery for 5 minutes, then boot it again)... Second person I spoke with basically told me to go back to the service that worked at my house...
    or that I could purchase an air rave for $100 + monthly service...
    then I asked to speak with Retention and they were rather quick to agree to give me one with free service as well...
    Last edited by scifan; 08/31/2009 at 10:35 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    There is a patch (or whatever it's called) in the new WebOS Quick Install program that allows you to force roaming. I'm using it right now!

I can't post links, as I'm a new member, but just check out the "general OS web chat" forum, and look for the "wow-webos-quick...sweet" link.
    Like josegonzales said, the new version of WebOS Quick Install has a tweak option to allow "Forced Roam Only" option in the phone app.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I saw that... and had tried it on Sunday, however, I found that after enabling the tweak, I couldn't enter phone preferences - I'd get a blank screen for the phone preferences... so I disabled that tweak and went the Airave Route...