Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    Also, it would be CRAZY to buy anything until seeing what the new iPhone will do which is coming out Monday.
    Not really, I refuse to get an iPhone because it's on ATT. I used to work for them (when Cingular) and I know the underhanded BS and ****ty work environment they breed. I won't ever use anything on their network and Tmobile has no 3G here and won't for a while. So, Pre all the way .

But no, I'm not lining up. I want to grab it from Best Buy to save the hassle of the rebate but if I'm not able to get one there I'll just go to one of the Sprint stores and pick it up. I really don't expect much issue. Probably head to Best Buy around 9 or so and wait in the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Unless you despise Apple on general principle and refuse to become another Apple Sheep, like many of us here.

The new iphone could have a holographic display, with built in satellite phone functionality, facial recognizer, 5 Ghz CPU and a 4 week battery and I still wouldn't care, unless it was $20 on a $30/month plan.
    Wish I could give 5 thumbs up on your post!
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I love my Ipod touch. Hate AT&T... love Sprint. I have 30 days to test drive the Pre... where's the risk?
    Quote Originally Posted by logos View Post
    Not really, I refuse to get an iPhone because it's on ATT. I used to work for them (when Cingular) and I know the underhanded BS and ****ty work environment they breed. I won't ever use anything on their network and Tmobile has no 3G here and won't for a while. So, Pre all the way .

But no, I'm not lining up. I want to grab it from Best Buy to save the hassle of the rebate but if I'm not able to get one there I'll just go to one of the Sprint stores and pick it up. I really don't expect much issue. Probably head to Best Buy around 9 or so and wait in the car.
    Sounds good. To each their own. Personally I have yet to hear any cell phone provider have good customer service, everyone complains about all companies. I agree that the ATT coverage last I tested it about 1 yr ago was awful. But i understand the massive building they have done in the last year improved things...

And, I am a sprint FAN and current Sprint customer.
    If the Iphone were on any other Network I would maybe consider it. Since it's on ATT no way. I will be gettting my Pre on Saturday morning hopefully at 8am. I have a funeral at 10am so I hope to get to the store around 6:30 or 7:00 that should be good.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    it is nice that we have the 30 period, i totally forgot out that..
    Called a local Radio Shack here in eastern PA, the store rep had never heard of the Pre, but said that he knew Palm made good devices! Thanks.

Called a local Sprint store, they said they've had a few calls about the Pre, but nothing crazy, and will be open at 8 am.

I don't think there's gonna be a rush at any of these stores. This forum is just hyper-ventilating here.

Fact is, the marketing has been practically non-existant. A few secretive appearances in some commercials, but far from the hoopla generated before the release of the iphone. Which came from the most globally recognized hi-tech Device seller on the planet!

Relax, anybody that wants one Saturday morning will be able to get one, imho.
    I was planning on camping overnight at 8pm Friday cause only one store listed on Sprints site has special hours posted. Iono, i waited at 2am at my local AT&T for the iphone 3g (i sold it a month later), and luckily was the first there. But the lack of info for the Pre is messing with my planning.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    Sounds good. To each their own. Personally I have yet to hear any cell phone provider have good customer service, everyone complains about all companies. I agree that the ATT coverage last I tested it about 1 yr ago was awful. But i understand the massive building they have done in the last year improved things...

And, I am a sprint FAN and current Sprint customer.
    Oh, it's not that they don't have good coverage here, they do, I just won't give them money. If Tmobile had a better data network I would consider staying with them and jailbreaking an Iphone. I'm not opposed to the Iphone itself, it's pretty nice and does a pretty good job. I really doubt that the new one will be much different though, they're not going to make any major changes in the OS because they don't want to lose backward compatibility with their bazillion apps in the app store. It'll be faster and have larger storage options but that's probably about it. There will be another iteration next year or the year after to take advantage of ATT's 4G rollout which might be a true upgrade.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    I was a part of the BB Storm launch and that was heavily advertised just before it went on sale. The VZW store by me had maybe a dozen people there before the doors opened.

The Pre is not really being advertised right now except online. I really think anyone who wants a Pre on Saturday will get one in most areas, especially at a corporate store because every account says they will have a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by sel1965 View Post
    If the Iphone were on any other Network I would maybe consider it. Since it's on ATT no way. I will be gettting my Pre on Saturday morning hopefully at 8am. I have a funeral at 10am so I hope to get to the store around 6:30 or 7:00 that should be good.
    Don't forget to flick the ringer switch to Silent mode
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I'm planning on being there by at least 5:45am. First in line is always best in line!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggi View Post
    I'm planning on being there by at least 5:45am. First in line is always best in line!!!
    Wait...you work at Best buy right? Why would you wait in line at Sprint?
    get up at 6:45, throw on clothes, hop in car, drive to einstein bagels, drive to sprint store and arrive by 7:30. flawless.
  14. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I'm still going to get up at 5 or so and head over.
    If I an unable to sleep then I will just have to get up and go... no sense tossing and turning when I could be waiting in line.... if there is one.
    I def will not be chaning any of my plans to get out there early to find a pre. I want to make sure I have one by the end of the day.
    You guys are all getting worked up over nothing. Just get there at 8 and you'll be fine.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    Wait...you work at Best buy right? Why would you wait in line at Sprint?
    I think BB has a no employee purchase rule for launch day.
    English:

[Aboard Vizzini's boat.]
    Inigo: That Vizzini, he can fuss.
    Fezzik: Fuss... Fuss... I think he likes to scream at us.
    Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no harm.
    Fezzik: He's really very short on charm.
    Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for rhyme.
    Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.
    Vizzini: Enough of that.
    Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?
    Fezzik: If there are, we'll all be dead.
    Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it!
    Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?
    Vizzini: [screams in frustration]

Chinese

[國外Vizzini的船。 ]
    Inigo :這Vizzini ,他可以大驚小怪。
    Fezzik :法斯...大驚小怪...我認為他喜歡尖叫我們。
    Inigo蒙托亞:也許他的意思並無害處。
    Fezzik :他真的很短的魅力。
    Inigo蒙托亞:你有一個偉大的禮物韻。
    Fezzik :是啊,是啊,一些時間。
    Vizzini :夠了這一點。
    Inigo蒙托亞: Fezzik ,有岩石未來?
    Fezzik :如果有,我們會全部死亡。
    Vizzini :沒有更多的兒歌現在,我的意思吧!
    Fezzik :任何人都希望有一個花生?
    Vizzini : [尖叫沮喪]

Back to English:

[Vizzini's ship abroad. ]
    Inigo: That Vizzini, he can make a fuss.
    Fezzik: Fuss ... fuss ... I think he likes to scream we are.
    Inigo Montoya: Perhaps he meant no harm.
    Fezzik: He's really a very short period of charm.
    Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift of rhyme.
    Fezzik: yes ah, yes ah, some time.
    Vizzini: enough of this.
    Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are the future of rock?
    Fezzik: If there is, we will all died.
    Vizzini: There are no more songs now, I mean it!
    Fezzik: anyone want a peanut?
    Vizzini: [screaming frustration]
    Sorry, couldn't hep it.
    I'm sure at the last minute they're going to pull some panic and people will start lining up nationwide.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast