1.    #1  
    Does the pre loose current views/applications when changing the battery?

What I mean is does it reboot the Pre loosing all the applications that you had open?
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    of course it does...unless by keeping it plugged into an a/c adapter..the device will remain on such as the treo 800w will do. Then you could change the battery out...
    Does it loose them? As in make them less tight? I don't know if tightness is a good metric for anything software related.

Sorry for the useless post...I couldn't resist.
    Last edited by leadtrumpetdave; 06/04/2009 at 10:29 AM. Reason: apology
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    Does it loose them? As in make them less tight? I don't know if tightness is a good metric for anything software related.

Sorry for the useless post...I couldn't resist.

NOTE TO SELF: Do not make typos in the internet! People never let you forget it! ii

I was hoping it may have had a 5 second capacitor in it to give you time to change the battery. Would have been nice ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!

5.    #5  
    While I am here, does the Pre use more battery with each open application? Applications using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth not withstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    While I am here, does the Pre use more battery with each open application? Applications using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth not withstanding.
    Since every open app is "live" it stands to reason that they burn CPU cycles and must access memory when not idle, therefore using more juice from the battery. Obviously streaming Pandora is going to use more juice than, say, tasks running in the background.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Does the pre loose current views/applications when changing the battery?

What I mean is does it reboot the Pre loosing all the applications that you had open?
    I would assume (cuz I have yet to play with a Pre) that pulling the battery is equivalent to a soft reset in which ram is cleared and the system is rebooted. All of your synergy data should still be on the device in flash storage. I assume. Again.
    pet peeve - loose vs. lose. learn it, live it, love it.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    I am well aware of that. It is a legit pet peeve and I do not usually make typos like that. I was in a hurry, had a meeting, does that help??? ii

I agree. Misspellings that spell another completely unrelated word really bug me. The big ones for me are:

there/their/they're
    than/then
    your/you're/yore

Loose/lose is so rampant that I almost wondered if it was some sort of L33t thing to misspell it purposely.
    I am well aware of that. It is a legit pet peeve and I do not usually make typos like that. I was in a hurry, had a meeting, does that help??? ii
    no excuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    I agree. Misspellings that spell another completely unrelated word really bug me. The big ones for me are:

there/their/they're
    than/then
    your/you're/yore

Loose/lose is so rampant that I almost wondered if it was some sort of L33t thing to misspell it purposely.
    another one that just grates me is - "rediculous". right Eguy?
  13.    #13  
    no excuses.
    Another pet peeve of mine is people that can't let things go, especially when I acknowledged my error earlier in the thread.

If they are kidding they also forget to use smileys to let others know. Otherwise they are just being jerks. ii
    Right Gekko? BTW you forgot to capitalize your "R" and the period goes within the quotes! ii
    Don't throw stones guys.....

Move on!!!! ii

Another pet peeve of mine is people that can't let things go, especially when I acknowledged my error earlier in the thread.

If they are kidding they also forget to use smileys to let others know. Otherwise they are just being jerks. ii

Move on!!!! ii
    i forgive you but i won't forget. and i never use smileys.
    He is the Clint Eastwood in High Plains Drifter of internet forums!
    I can attest to that. I've never seen a smiley in a Gekko post. I picture Gekko's face always with a neutral expression (double checking that I didn't type neuter).