Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was very excited this morning when I opened my email and saw a message from Sprint. My excitement quickly vanished as I read. Some excerpts:

I am sorry it took so long to get back to you on this. It seems that the Sprint Premier Customer incentive has been "tweaked" for the release of the Palm Pre. Customers who are listed as Premier would normally receive devices early, but in the case of the Pre, it was impossible to make everyone happy. The concern was related to concentrations of customers and what store they would most likely frequent. At current, the Premier Customer emails are sent without regard to the store you might go to. This creates a large problem with the Pre as we might have eighty people show up at one store, and only ten show up at another.

We had the options of hoping this worked itself out, or potentially disappointing our Premier Customers. We provided for several key stores to hold phones for special offerings to Premier Customers, with fifty plus sending an RSVP. I know that this comes as little comfort to you, and I must apologize to you personally because I all but guaranteed that we would go through with the release of the Pre on Friday to Premier customers. It is unfortunate, but I do hope that this has not damage irreparably your experience with Sprint, and I also hope you will still attempt Saturday to pick up a Pre. Please let me know if I can help further.

Regional VP, Sprint Business Services

This leaves me very disappointed and . It also leaves me looking for a edible hat. Anyone know of any good sombrero stores?
    The one year deal is pretty good. What else you want?
  3.    #3  
    I just want the upfront truth. None of this waffling crap.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I'm letting it go. I'd rather improve Pre's launch day than get a phone a day early. Granted, the dispensation of benefits is normally supposed to go from payee to payer, but Palm and Sprint are in a bind, and I don't mind doing something small to help them.
    I guess being a premier customer doesn't mean anything anymore now that almost everybody qualifies.
    Vis
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    I'm letting it go. I'd rather improve Pre's launch day than get a phone a day early. Granted, the dispensation of benefits is normally supposed to go from payee to payer, but Palm and Sprint are in a bind, and I don't mind doing something small to help them.
    You do have a point. I am certainly not going to leave Sprint, or not get the Pre. I am a Sprint fanboy, I guess. They would have to do a lot more to make me leave. That being said, it is very disappointing.
    Well personally I'm ok with it, my contract ends on Aug 7 then I will be able to get it for 199. If I would have got that email this morning about premier members get it tomorrow I think I would have spent 475 for it! That's with $75 off.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post

This leaves me very disappointed and . It also leaves me looking for a edible hat. Anyone know of any good sombrero stores?
    Don't forget to post the pics!
    I was very excited this morning when I opened my email and saw a message from Sprint. My excitement quickly vanished as I read. Some excerpts:

I am sorry it took so long to get back to you on this. It seems that the Sprint Premier Customer incentive has been "tweaked" for the release of the Palm Pre. Customers who are listed as Premier would normally receive devices early, but in the case of the Pre, it was impossible to make everyone happy. The concern was related to concentrations of customers and what store they would most likely frequent. At current, the Premier Customer emails are sent without regard to the store you might go to. This creates a large problem with the Pre as we might have eighty people show up at one store, and only ten show up at another.

We had the options of hoping this worked itself out, or potentially disappointing our Premier Customers. We provided for several key stores to hold phones for special offerings to Premier Customers, with fifty plus sending an RSVP. I know that this comes as little comfort to you, and I must apologize to you personally because I all but guaranteed that we would go through with the release of the Pre on Friday to Premier customers. It is unfortunate, but I do hope that this has not damage irreparably your experience with Sprint, and I also hope you will still attempt Saturday to pick up a Pre. Please let me know if I can help further.

Ted's Edible Hat Emporium.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by hopalee View Post
    Don't forget to post the pics!
    I will post them in this Forum on Saturday with my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visualfx View Post
    I guess being a premier customer doesn't mean anything anymore now that almost everybody qualifies.
    What the heck are you talking about? You get 25% off ONE accessory a year! How is that not "premier" for you?

If you can't tell, I'm being sarcastic.
    The last Palm product I owned was the Zire71..the Prē is bringing me back.
    So, it's bringing sexy back!
    I've posted it before on this issue. Surprise is not endearing to people who need to plan their lives. Tell us early, tell us often AND don't change your story. Sprint has now become the lover who can't come through with the goods (Pun Intended)
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFox19 View Post
    What the heck are you talking about? You get 25% off ONE accessory a year! How is that not "premier" for you?

If you can't tell, I'm being sarcastic.
    You also get a the upgrade discount after only one year instead of two. That's huge. It's the only reason I'll be getting a Pre this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAfter909 View Post
    Ted's Edible Hat Emporium.
    I heard Ted is the number one source for all things HAT.

+1 to you sir. Linger Longer.
    Getting a phone 24 hours in advance, while extremely exciting and very permierish, just doesn't make or break the phone for me. To be honest I was relieved when they decided to cancel all but 10 of the parties. I've been with Sprint since '97, or whenever they were first introduced down here in San Diego, and I am a premiere customer, but I never received an e-mail regarding any launch party and was quite frankly concerned that certain premiere customers would be ahead of myself in line after I spent so many years with this company.

Furthermore, I'm sure it was a major turn off to potential sprint customers who would fear that on launch day certain stores would be sold out resulting in a rush from store to store trying to find one with some remaining stock.

Sprint is doing the right thing. First come, first serve, no matter who you are.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Actually, getting the phone a day early would make Saturday go much smoother. You wouldn't be waiting as long to get your phone, as there would be less customers to deal with.
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    Getting a phone 24 hours in advance, while extremely exciting and very permierish, just doesn't make or break the phone for me. To be honest I was relieved when they decided to cancel all but 10 of the parties. I've been with Sprint since '97, or whenever they were first introduced down here in San Diego, and I am a premiere customer, but I never received an e-mail regarding any launch party and was quite frankly concerned that certain premiere customers would be ahead of myself in line after I spent so many years with this company.

Furthermore, I'm sure it was a major turn off to potential sprint customers who would fear that on launch day certain stores would be sold out resulting in a rush from store to store trying to find one with some remaining stock.

Sprint is doing the right thing. First come, first serve, no matter who you are.
    While I agree they are doing the right thing making it first come first serve seeing how there are so few numbers of units (rumored). Bottom line is that they shouldn't have in the first place said that Premiere cusomters would get first dibs. They shouldn't give false hope like that, its not good for business, and it just pisses off customers. No one would be pissed right now if they hadn't have promised it in the first place.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    While I agree they are doing the right thing making it first come first serve seeing how there are so few numbers of units (rumored). Bottom line is that they shouldn't have in the first place said that Premiere cusomters would get first dibs. They shouldn't give false hope like that, its not good for business, and it just pisses off customers. No one would be pissed right now if they hadn't have promised it in the first place.
    As to the numbers, one of the stores in the SLC, UT area I frequent has a stack of Pre's totaling 40, with one more shipment to go tomorrow. I don't think the numbers thing will be an issue over the weekend. It will next week, though.

You already posted this in the correct thread.. Why did you make a separate one?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    You already posted this in the correct thread.. Why did you make a separate one?
    I was afraid it would get lost in that other thread. Nearly 11 pages. I wanted to make sure it got out to as many as wanted to know.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast