Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    While I agree they are doing the right thing making it first come first serve seeing how there are so few numbers of units (rumored). Bottom line is that they shouldn't have in the first place said that Premiere cusomters would get first dibs. They shouldn't give false hope like that, its not good for business, and it just pisses off customers. No one would be pissed right now if they hadn't have promised it in the first place.
    I couldn't have said it any better myself! Amen brotha! In addition to that, for me, it's was never about just getting the phone 1 measly day in advance. It was about not having to wait in a freaking line for x amount of hours. That to me would show appreciation to loyal customers, without hurting new customers feelings. Besides what better way to lure in new customer than to be able to say "look at how well we treat our loyal customers".
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    You also get a the upgrade discount after only one year instead of two. That's huge. It's the only reason I'll be getting a Pre this weekend.
    That's not huge when they only have one phone I want...and I already have it. Make it 1 year contracts, for new phone pricing, for Premier customers, then they'll have something I want.
    The last Palm product I owned was the Zire71..the Prē is bringing me back.
    So, it's bringing sexy back!
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    While I agree they are doing the right thing making it first come first serve seeing how there are so few numbers of units (rumored). Bottom line is that they shouldn't have in the first place said that Premiere cusomters would get first dibs. They shouldn't give false hope like that, its not good for business, and it just pisses off customers. No one would be pissed right now if they hadn't have promised it in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    I couldn't have said it any better myself! Amen brotha! In addition to that, for me, it's was never about just getting the phone 1 measly day in advance. It was about not having to wait in a freaking line for x amount of hours. That to me would show appreciation to loyal customers, without hurting new customers feelings. Besides what better way to lure in new customer than to be able to say "look at how well we treat our loyal customers".
    agreed. 11+ year customer here as well...i think they dropped the ball on this one.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    I'm letting it go. I'd rather improve Pre's launch day than get a phone a day early. Granted, the dispensation of benefits is normally supposed to go from payee to payer, but Palm and Sprint are in a bind, and I don't mind doing something small to help them.
    Doing something small to help them?
    - 2yr Contract
    - Forced calling plans
    - Forfeit of grandfathered discounts/benefits
    - $549 Subsidized Phone
    - $100 rebate that inconveniences consumers and ties up money
    - Spending Saturday morning sitting outside a store for 3hrs

That seems like a lot already. But if you're looking out for whats best for Sprint then why not buy your Pre next week? That would make one less disgruntled potential customer if the store gets sold out and has to turn people away.

Sorry for the snark but the fact that Sprint is in a "bind" is entirely self-inflicted so I have no pity for them. They treated customers poorly, failed to acquire desirable phones and now are botching their own company-saving event. So shouldn't it be THEM doing damage control rather than it's own customers?

Sure, whether it's Friday or Saturday then we'll all still be getting our Sprint Pre. But how about 2 years from now when the Pre is available on all carriers?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    So, from this Sprint Bozo's email:

This creates a large problem with the Pre as we might have eighty people show up at one store, and only ten show up at another.
    Easily solved. Offer Premier customers the option of getting the phone online or via phone sales. That that removes the problem of store inventory. I don't care if they want to do their "Nobody gets out of the store without everything set up" deal.

We had the options of hoping this worked itself out, or potentially disappointing our Premier Customers.
    So, rather than do the right thing that most rational companies would do and abide by their word, Sprint chose to disappoint their Premier Customers. Like I said in a previous thread - Sprint is choosing the hype over loyalty. I'm disappointed, but not surprised.
    Last edited by dcigary; 06/04/2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Wanted to add something
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFox19 View Post
    That's not huge when they only have one phone I want...and I already have it. Make it 1 year contracts, for new phone pricing, for Premier customers, then they'll have something I want.
    I totally agree with you here. I can't even believe what i have been through with Sprint and my 20th or so Treo over the years. They let me sign up for a 1 year and keep my Fair & Flexible with discounts on 4 phones - 2 of which are my 70 year old parents who use less than like 200 mins / month. Now, they are forcing me to a two year plan that is going to cost me more at a time when i can't really afford it. I just signed up two more people SPRINT as well and look what they do- And this is after i finally got a caring and smart CSR and her manager on the phone. I know Sprint still offers me a better deal than ATT, and at least I get to keep free Roaming on Verizon - (without their hefty data charges) but still... As a 12 yr custome who has been through way more than the average person would take, I really don't understand the whole forced plan deal. I mean, come on, the one big reason why I won't switch to ATT is not just their puny 3 G network, but also their forced plans. I thought Sprint was different, and NOWWWWW ? I guess not.
    I don't know how it happened, but my phone which was 22 months old was only eligible for $75 rebate, and another phone on my plan was eligible for the full amount after only 8 months. Calling Sprint did nothing, they just told me it couldn't be changed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12