Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by raerae28 View Post
    There are a few of us thinking of switching to Sprints Network from other 3G networks and handsets. Any real world concerns about the Sprint 3G network would be welcome.

How is the speed compared to ATT 3G network
    I would probably ask more people around your area. The truth is, it's always area dependent but I've found Sprint to have faster 3G for me in my area (Metro Philadelphia) than ATT.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheermate View Post
    Have you heard anything about a yahoo update...I am a yahoo user and would love to use messanger and my yahoo email account
    I've heard rumblings but nothing has been put into print in that regards. I am sure 3rd party apps will open this up (think IM+)

Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    how is the mic quality? any complaints from people you're calling?
    Mic and Earpiece are awesome as far as clarity go. I'm a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by bkdude View Post
    How does speaker phone sound quality compare to Treo800W?
    Is this a serious question? 800w is known to have the worst sound Q of any phone ever... ever. But, seriously, it isn't muffled and you can have great quality. Now as far as how loud? That's a different story... it's no Moto Q series.

Quote Originally Posted by kmod View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked/answered already, either today or in the forums, but can you go into Contacts or Calendar while you're on a call with someone?

Along the same lines, I don't think you can go on the web at the same time as a call - is that right?
    Yup. Hit the center button OR just swipe up and you can open another card to access contacts or calendar. Data can't be done, so web is out...

Quote Originally Posted by sevenjim View Post
    Sorry if I already missed this, but can you sync Gmail without syncing the gmail contacts?
    Yes, I added my Gmail account as a POP account and it didn't pull my contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by dornier View Post
    Is the Pre a world phone? Will it work in Europe?

Thanks,

GP
    Sadly, the one you saw is a CDMA only version, and can only work on CDMA networks, so not in Europe. Parts of South America could though.

Quote Originally Posted by redbirdie View Post
    Did someone already ask whether twitter is customizable in universal search?
    I am not sure what this means... but I think you are asking if it can be removed as an option and something else be selected? If so, than not that I could tell... no preferences for Universal Search.

Quote Originally Posted by EStigall View Post
    Can you use the touchstone with a hard case?
    I didn't have the Touchstone... sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by reyrey127 View Post
    is their lag similar to the WM or touch pro?? sorry if this was asked???
    I think you saw the lag from the video... nothing as bad as the cursor window for 10-15 seconds though.

Quote Originally Posted by dannns View Post
    How good are close up pictures?
    Better than my Treo Pro or iPhone not as good as my Canon 7mp camera. The lack of auto focus isn't a deal breaker and the Flash is VERY nice to have... finally. I've missed a flash/light since my PPC6700.

Quote Originally Posted by jerich007 View Post
    do you recommend a screen protector? how scratch resistant is the screen?
    Ask Dieter... he realized how bad the scratch was AFTER the cast. It's not good, but he was using the sharp edge and it got the Pre pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by PKTechGuy View Post
    Will the Calendar support RSS feeds?
    I don't believe so... it doesn't seem like my RSS feeds came through.

Quote Originally Posted by austin.n View Post
    He took keys to it and it put one scratch on it, but for the amount of wear and tear he was doing, i would say no, but im going to anyways
    See above...

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I just thought of another question that I can't believe hasn't been asked yet. Is the GPS standalone?
    Yes. They didn't want another 800w on their hands did they?! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by reyrey127 View Post
    how heavy is it?
    Not at all... it's amazingly light compared to my Treo Pro and a TON lighter than my iPhone.
  2.    #262  
    the archive is posted. Note the update!

Update: we're all finished, the recording is above. One quick note: turns out that the last key drag did cause a fairly long scratch. It's not visible directly but at certain angles and in direct sunlight it's definitely there. Looks like a screen protector for the Pre wouldn't be a terrible idea.
    Thanks you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    the archive is posted. Note the update!

Update: we're all finished, the recording is above. One quick note: turns out that the last key drag did cause a fairly long scratch. It's not visible directly but at certain angles and in direct sunlight it's definitely there. Looks like a screen protector for the Pre wouldn't be a terrible idea.
    Hahaha. I loved how brave you were there! I was shouting NOOOO at work while you were doing it and people were looking at me like I was crazy LOL.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Yes. They didn't want another 800w on their hands did they?! :-D
    Well, I didn't think so, but you never know.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Kill the echooo
    Thanks for the video guys. Let me say that I'm still getting it but left me with a feeling of disappointment. I feel less excited about getting it after seeing the video. The phone seems to be in beta still and rushed out to meet the deadline. It's good that it multi- tasks because it seems that opening programs is slow. So just leaving the cards open will speed things up. But then if you have too many open it lags and then eventually crashes. It seems that it would get worse with the more info and apps you install on it. There are more issues I noticed but I think they would be addressed in updates so there is no need to mention them. How many times did you need to reset the phone during the time that you guys had it?
    I think I crashed it (attempted and non-attempted) about 4 times in 3 days. Half were on purpose...

Others were kind of like what happened to Dieter, moving very quickly between cards and opening videos.
    I think I crashed it (attempted and non-attempted) about 4 times in 3 days. Half were on purpose...

Others were kind of like what happened to Dieter, moving very quickly between cards and opening videos.
    thanks for the quick response.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Wow i'm having second thoughts about purchasing this phone after watching this stream, already a bloody crash using Youtube on a fresh start - BOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I apologize if this is a dumb question, but I can't see the update with the link to the archived video. Can anyone post it?
    my only issue seems to be, you guys said that notifications dont pop up when the screen is off, BUT what if you get a text message, does it notify you somehow? a sound/vibrate? Flash screen? if it does make sounds/vibrate, does it keep doing it till you stop it? I'm not talking about app notifications (like the twitter ones that he kept getting,) I'm talking about text or v-mail alerts?
    Great session! Thanks Dieter and Darth for this. I think it gives a great balance of reality that this is a 1.0 device yet has some great features. It can only get better from here.

Of course the balance also was great between Darth's pessimism and Dieters optimism.

Thanks again to you both!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jusez0r View Post
    I apologize if this is a dumb question, but I can't see the update with the link to the archived video. Can anyone post it?
    I can't seem to find it either...
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Domali View Post
    I'm a baddie, the video is on the main page :-p
    Quote Originally Posted by Domali View Post

PreCentral.net Live 06/05/09 01:11PM, PreCentral.net Live 06/05/09 01:11PM on USTREAM. Gadgets
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    Great session! Thanks Dieter and Darth for this. I think it gives a great balance of reality that this is a 1.0 device yet has some great features. It can only get better from here.

Of course the balance also was great between Darth's pessimism and Dieters optimism.

Thanks again to you both!!
    I wasn't trying to be pessimistic (but I can understand how it seems that way), I just want people to know that while the device is very cool and I will be purchasing one for my own (as well as Dieter, but he's the obvious fanboy here ), it does have some "major" flaws and requires some more tweaking by Palm.
    I wasn't trying to be pessimistic (but I can understand how it seems that way), I just want people to know that while the device is very cool and I will be purchasing one for my own (as well as Dieter, but he's the obvious fanboy here ), it does have some "major" flaws and requires some more tweaking by Palm.
    I totally understand and appreciate that we got a balanced view from the comments of both. I was not implying the pessimism comment in any way negative - sorry if it came across that way.

I wonder if the RAM is upgradable . Just kidding.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I took it more as realism. It was way better having 2 people than just one. Nice job. The echo and delay reminded me of the reporters in Iraq and Afghanistan, they get a question asked and 10 seconds later they answer.
    It got better at the halfway point... after I turned off my wireless backup

I think Dieter and I might do another sometime soon... I'm getting good vibes about the chemistry.