Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    All I really wanna know is if the mic is as discreet as the iPhone headphones...
    If you read my post "So Close I could feel it" I actually almost got to buy one 2 days ago and did indeed get to see a few of the acc. I found the headphones when she was puttin stuff back in the box, she almost forgot to put them back in.
    They were quite small, black, typical earbud style nothing to great but better than average phone headphones. And yes to answer ops ? The mic is very small, and unobtrussive. I actually thought they were just regular headphones when I first picked them up!
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    All I really wanna know is if the mic is as discreet as the iPhone headphones...
    I think the engadget or gizmodo review had a closeup and the consensus was that they are bad.
    yeah, engadget has a close up pic.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    You can see the headphones in the unboxing video at around 1:30

http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-t...-unboxed-video
    Most likely I will not use the headset from Palm. I have a set of Apple's in-ear headphones that should work with the Pre.
    one reason I luv my MotoRokr S9, just need BT and good to go.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    What I found more interesting (disturbing) is that the Touchstone Charger did NOT come with the cable needed to run the charger (according to the reviewer). 70 bucks and I can't use it out of the box?????????
    It uses the ac charger that comes with the phone. But when you by more than one you now have to buy more than one AC charger...?
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    What I found more interesting (disturbing) is that the Touchstone Charger did NOT come with the cable needed to run the charger (according to the reviewer). 70 bucks and I can't use it out of the box?????????
    I saw that too. "I wonder if the car charger comes with the cable." If not, you are going to have one cable for everything. How am I going to have 1 in the car and and for Touchstone?

I just went to Palm site and it looks like the car charger does come with the cable
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    I saw that too. I wonder if the car charger comes with the cable. If not, you are going to have one cable for everything. How am I going to have 1 in the car and at the computer and for Touchstone?
    per palm.com store, yes car charger comes with cable. touchstone does not. just use the one that comes with the Pre and buy and extra wall charger for work/travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    per palm.com store, yes car charger comes with cable. touchstone does not. just use the one that comes with the Pre and buy and extra wall charger for work/travel.
    I'm just waiting for 3rd party versions. Ones that don't cost $70 and require you to buy another charger if you want the original at another location like work.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    I get that. However, it sounded like the guy unboxing the Pre said that the cable that came with the Pre wouldn't work on the Touchstone. Did I hear that wrong?

Still, for $70 you think they could include a stupid cord!
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I get that. However, it sounded like the guy unboxing the Pre said that the cable that came with the Pre wouldn't work on the Touchstone. Did I hear that wrong?

It will work. It's a plain vanilla micro usb cable afterall. $3 shipped on eBay.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    It will work. It's a plain vanilla micro usb cable afterall. $3 shipped on eBay.
    is it just a normal micro usb cable? i thought the last time this was discussed there was some doubt that it was... or maybe im just totally oblivious to everything...
  16. DDD

I think he said it didn't charge the phone when connected to the computer.
    Also Known as 3_D
    $70 with or without cord is still too steep, the Hell with Palm, but we might get someone that works in a Best Buy or Sprint to buy it for us with their discount price
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
  18. joelpalm
    I also ordered the Motorola s9-hd headphones. Awesome stereo bluetooth. Will have that before the phone, seeing as I am waiting until the 12th to get mine!
    Quote Originally Posted by iboost79 View Post
    Most likely I will not use the headset from Palm. I have a set of Apple's in-ear headphones that should work with the Pre.
    Sacrilege...

If you see me with Apple ear buds plugged into my Pre please feel free to kick me in the nuggets.

Seriously though, I guess there is no reason to buy new ear buds. I have some Apple buds but they don't really fit me very well so I don't even use them w/ my shuffle. I would probably like to get the Motorola S9 headset though now that I will have a device that supports stereo BT.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    These are the best headset earphones:

- Store - Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors
    Super.fi 4vi - Store - Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors
    Etymotic Research, Inc. - hf2â„¢ Earphones

I would go with the UE's simply because their stuff just sounds rediculously good. You don't know until you try UE headphones what the music is "supposed" to sound like.

Hope this helps someone
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast