Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by hopalee View Post
    Where is there a blinking light on the Centro? I've had mine for about a year and I had no idea about this; would have really LOVED IT!
    Nope, Palm locked down the Centro's LED pretty bad. You could only have a solid green if you used Butler. Also you could have a blinking green LED if you use serviceled but that kills the battery.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Nope, Palm locked down the Centro's LED pretty bad. You could only have a solid green if you used Butler. Also you could have a blinking green LED if you use serviceled but that kills the battery.
    What is Mikah talking about then? I'm glad I didn't miss out on anything, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipxe View Post
    This was actually a deal breaker for me. Sadly there isn't anything in the SDK yet to access anything as low level as the gesture lights.

On the Blackberry I use an app called BBAlerts. You can set custom LED colors (any RGB value and intensity), set the flash speed and have a different color for each email account, im account, missed calls, voicemails, etc, etc. You could even have custom colors for particular people (i.e. my girlfriend's messages would show a pink LED).

It is very useful as I can keep the phone stash away with the screen off and see exactly what is going on. if I have a white led then a pink and then a red I know I have new email, an IM from my girlfriend and a missed call. Easy.

That is the kind of customization I hope the Pre eventually has. It was the same reason I couldn't keep my iPhone for more than a month.

I love this feature and its one thing I can't do without now. I don't want to be perpetually messing with my phone while at work, and I need to have it quiet during the day more often than not (its a Clinic). But I love being able to see from the color of the led if its a text from my husband. I don't think it would be an easy transition back to a device that didn't have this.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    177 Posts
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Neither you nor I can definitively say where the majority "of people" stand on either side of this issue. I've repeatedly qualified my posts by saying "my perspective." I will, say, however that - unlike the microSD vs. fixed onboard storage issue - I don't care about blinking notifications and wouldn't mind if Palm included it. It's been on my last two phones and I've ignored it completely.
    I think that's our point though. This is so basic of a feature, there's no reason it can't be a configurable option. It's a pretty bad oversight IMO.
    It would be dope if we had several color led options

For example:

1. Red light would alert us we have an email.
    2. Blue would alert us we have an SMS

And so on....
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123