1.    #1  
    I work for a very large hardware/software/consulting company and we have a corporate discount set up for Sprint business. On our "Sprint Corporate" site, managed by "Bluefish Wireless", there was a signup to be altered when the pre became available. I just received the following email that didn't quite go so far as to call it a preorder, but rather a "order request", but thought this was interesting...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    SUBJECT: Sprint Palm Pre Launch -- Ticket XXXXXXX

Thank you for your request to be notified when the Palm Pre is available on the Sprint network. We received confirmation the Palm Pre will officially be released on June 6th.

We are currently taking order requests for the Palm Pre.
    If you would like to be one of the first to order this device, please let me know.
    We will hold your order until June 6th and place it on a first come, first serve basis at that time.
    Once the order is placed, we will send you a confirmation.

The pricing for a new line or with full upgrade eligibility would be:

Retail Price: $549.99
    2 yr contract discount: ($150.00)
    Instant Rebate: ($100.00)
    Upfront cost: $299.99
    Mail in rebate: ($100.00)
    Final cost after all discounts = $199.99
    ** Your acct may be subject to an activation fee.

If you would like me to price out the cost of establishing service with Sprint or upgrading an existing Sprint line to this device, please contact me directly at XXX-XXX-XXXX ext XXX and reference ticket XXXXXXX.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me directly via email or phone.

Thanks.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, if your company does have a corporate affinity with Sprint, check out your corporate websites because you may be able to order this on Saturday instead of going into a store...of course, that also means that it may take a few extra days to get the Pre.
    as soon as the sku is in they system, mu sprint rep is putting my order in. don't really think it's rocket science. though our history with him would dictate my MIR will become instant, and I'll possibly pay less than $200 OOP. paid $50 OOP when the centro was released.
    OK, next questions is - is your "large consulting" company going to get the Pre? What is your IT department saying?
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    My rep just told me the sku wouldn't hit their system till 10pm on Friday. I guess that means I won't be getting mine by Monday morning.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    as soon as the sku is in they system, mu sprint rep is putting my order in. don't really think it's rocket science. though our history with him would dictate my MIR will become instant, and I'll possibly pay less than $200 OOP. paid $50 OOP when the centro was released.
    Yes, you'll pay less than $200.

You'll pay $199.99.
    He's always rattled off little threats of customer leaving, bad signal area or something to push through an extra $50 or so.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Hmmm, our rep said he got an email a few Thursday's ago that he could go ahead and pre order the Pre's for us. Even pulled off the road and got out his laptop to do the order right then. We have confirmed several times with him that the order is placed and even made sure the Telesales stuff wouldn't be an issue...he said no because he is Direct Sales. We are not a large Enterprise...about 270 lines...but I am getting worried now reading what your guys reps are telling you.
    Has anyone's Sprint corp accnt manager confirm your Pre has shipped? This past week, mine told me that the order is in their system, waiting for 6/6, and should've gone through yesterday (Sat). Just wondering...
    1) did the order advance on Sat?
    2) did it actually ship out on Sat?
    3) what shipping method... should I expect it Mon, Tues...?
    I haven't heard anything from our rep. If they didn't ship them Friday then I doubt they would ship till Monday, if there is stock to actually ship from. When we order phones we get overnight shipping standard. So hopefully if there was stock they shipped out Friday and we will see them tomorrow or Monday for Tuesday.
    mine was ordered on Saturday. Will ship on Monday, and was told I'll have it on Tuesday.

And carioca.... $149.99 OOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    mine was ordered on Saturday. Will ship on Monday, and was told I'll have it on Tuesday.

And carioca.... $149.99 OOP.
    Exact same thing here, but we have a third party, who deals straight with Sprint.
    Order confirmed on Friday, and place on Saturday at 12:01 AM.
    Shipping Monday and will have them on Tuesday.
    I am having trouble with this, sprint in a letter told its reps to make sure of the type of customer it sold to. Business customers with It departments, this phone will not work for them.
    think it's matters more how iron fisted the IT department is about letting certain phones access their system.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottie2005 View Post
    I am having trouble with this, sprint in a letter told its reps to make sure of the type of customer it sold to. Business customers with It departments, this phone will not work for them.
    so has anyone else that ordered through a business rep get it for less than $199.99? Just curious. I've usually bugged him for cheaper prices, but he just texted me that he got it orderd and for only $149.99. So outside of asking how cheap could he get it for, I did nothing to work an additional discount.