1.    #1  
    ...I've decided to hate all you people who are going to get the Pre tomorrow. I'm also going to sign off from the Internets (and especially T|C) so I don't have to see your gloats.

At least till I can lay my hands on a Pre, myself.
    So, when do you think it will be available in India?
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I feel for you. Don't worry you'll get it sooner or later.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    ...I've decided to hate all you people who are going to get the Pre tomorrow. I'm also going to sign off from the Internets (and especially T|C) so I don't have to see your gloats.

+1

Reliance has just launched their countrywide '3G GSM network' in India and with number portability coming to India from September, the Palm 'Pre' would be a perfect way for them to get people to switch over to their network. I really wonder do the marketing people at these companies sleep on their jobs.

PS: Reliance already has a countrywide CDMA network in India.

I was going insane yesterday reading reviews. I think I might pass out if I get one Saturday lol.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.

LOL
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    India is all GSM, no? If AT&T gets the GSM Pre in 6 months or so it should follow quickly in Asia and Europe. You could have it by the end of the year, though I fear that's a best-case scenario. So hate away!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    India is all GSM, no? If AT&T gets the GSM Pre in 6 months or so it should follow quickly in Asia and Europe. You could have it by the end of the year, though I fear that's a best-case scenario. So hate away!
    Nope... India has had both GSM and CDMA for ages. And both are available nationwide. And some companies (BSNL or Reliance, for example) have both networks, and some also have dual mode (if that's the correct term) handsets.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    So, when do you think it will be available in India?
    I don't have any clue, but it sure is going to seem like a hundred years.
    Nope... India has had both GSM and CDMA for ages. And both are available nationwide. And some companies (BSNL or Reliance, for example) have both networks, and some also have dual mode (if that's the correct term) handsets.
    Are they running EVDO on their CDMA hardware? What frequencies do they use?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Are they running EVDO on their CDMA hardware? What frequencies do they use?
    Apparently, the BSNL EvDO network is 800 MHz. But that's a stand-alone service for laptops and such. Reliance and Tata Indicom do not as yet have EvDO. They will probably wait for BSNL (govt. owned) to establish the market first.
    Reliance launched their EVDO services in March of 2009 but it is limited to data card services only. The service is being marketed as Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ and they are advertising speeds of "upto" 3.1mbps for downloads and "upto" 1.8 mbps for uploads.

PS: Actual real world results so far seem to be nowhere close to 3.1 mbps. Rather most people are reporting maximum download speeds in the range of 1.1mbps and on an average in the range of 700kbps.