Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DogEars View Post
    Strange. I ran it for nearly a year, prior to selling my MacBook of course, and it has never once crapped out on me. Latest version of Leopard.

I wonder what would cause the discrepancy here. I used it religiously with dozens of contacts and never had a single issue.
    Consider yourself a lucky individual.

Search adium's trac for msn bugs, particularly switchboard errors.

It really boils down to the use of the libpurple library, and there are a lot of clients that use it:

- Adium
    - Apollo IM
    - EQO
    - Finch
    - Instantbird
    - Meebo
    - Pigdin
    - Telepathy-Haze

Now there was a fork off of libpurple, 'msn-pecan', but even that hasn't been shown to be that much more reliable when it comes to msn.
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, at least not in this thread. Along with the question of MSN IM, there was a question of Hotmail support.

In the e-mail application, you CAN add hotmail accounts. The difference between the hotmail and say yahoo and gmail is that for sync'ing - hotmail at its most frequent setting - can do it only ever 5 minutes.

Yahoo and Gmail on the other hand, can be set to sync as mail arrives.

However, if you go into the mail client, there is a manual sync overide.

So, if you are expecting an e-mail that you think may arrive in between the 5 minute sync gap - you can just manually sync it to make sure you're current.
    I had my Hotmail syncing and it was not a good thing. It looked like it took forever to stop downloading and even at that it seemed to think that all of my messages were new. I removed the account and my battery life went way way way way up. I hope it gets fixed in the future but for now I will live without it. BTW it did not seem to matter if I had it sync every 15mins or every 6 hours.
    I installed Mundu Messenger and it can handle all IM protocols.

Of course, it's installed under 'Classic'.

I tested it out for Windows Live Messenger and Yahoo Messenger, they both work.

For some unknown reason AIM does not work, but I suspect it's because the Pre itself does.

Rob

Download Mobile IM with MSN, Gtalk, Jabber, ICQ, Yahoo. Internet radio. VOIP, make international calls on Mobile IM Application if interested in the product.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

5. dno
    Thanks, Mundu Messenger seems to work and it's way better than that stupid web site
    can anybody explain me how to download live messenger on my phone...thanks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12