Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    In watching a handful of review videos of the Pre, I haven't noticed there being any sort of Internet activity indicator to show upstream or downstream activity on the phone.

I have a BB Curve, and it has little arrows in the top-right corner that will indicate traffic, and I find it extremely handy. It is a great troubleshooting tool whenever something is just not quite working right.

I know the browser has its progress bar (well, circle), but I would love to see something that's a part of the top status bar, as it would be system-wide. Simple up and down arrows would be great.

Has anybody noticed any sort of indicator like that? I hope I just overlooked it, but so far I haven't found it.
    I think the EV icon will flash, I am not sure about that one though (might want to check the user guide). I know on POS phones there are two arrows above the signal meter.

Edit: From the user guide on pg 98: the 1x and EV icons will appear when data is being transmitted.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Yeah on Palm OS EVDO shows up as blue triangles.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I think the EV icon will flash, I am not sure about that one though (might want to check the user guide). I know on POS phones there are two arrows above the signal meter.
    That'd be outstanding. I need to go download that guide.

It's such a simple, simple feature, but I think I would miss it terribly if it wasn't in WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by imekul View Post
    That'd be outstanding. I need to go download that guide.

It's such a simple, simple feature, but I think I would miss it terribly if it wasn't in WebOS.
    SG Pre UserGuide
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Thank you, sir!
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Well, that didn't take long.

Palm Pre review, part 2: Synergy, phone, media, applications

On the browser comparison, I note that the EV icon changes while the browser is loading the page, and as soon as it's finished, the icon changes back.

Should be good enough for me!