Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
       #1  
  2. #2  
    Well, the device only has Google stuff so I would think Yahoo would not be very happy LOL.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  3. #3  
    ... You mean Reuters didn't like it too much.
  4. #4  
    the only website i go by is engadget... there the only ones who are unbiased and review everything with a open mind going in... they loved the pre.

    thats all i needed
  5. #5  
    Well sometimes they can be a little biased (Wait till WWDC next week) but usually Engadget rocks. The comments though.... phew. Hilarious but rediculous.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessh2036 View Post
    the only website i go by is engadget... there the only ones who are unbiased and review everything with a open mind going in... they loved the pre.

    thats all i needed
    Engadget is NOT unbiased.

    It seems the battery is everyone's biggest complaint. That's really sad.
  7. #7  
    i agree that engadget is not unbiased. however, i believe they are FAR more objective and because they were so thorough in their review, it is definitely the best review we've seen.
  8. #8  
    You noticed that Yahoo is not part of the Universal search...nor one of the available email options like Google is...
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  9. #9  
    You know you have an objective website when no matter what one's preference is, people are claiming it's biased for the other side. I've seen PC users claim Engadget is pro-Apple. Apple users claim they're pro-Microsoft. They've got a writer who wrote a book about Android, and yet they're pro-iPhone. Joshua Topolsky loves the Pre (and still pointed out things it can do better), and yet they're pro-iPhone.

    Out of all the gadget sites out there, they are the most objective and unbiased. If you don't agree with that, you might want to look in the mirror and see if you're the biased one...
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    You noticed that Yahoo is not part of the Universal search...nor one of the available email options like Google is...
    That's because Yahoo doesn't support the IMAP standard. You can still add Yahoo because it uses a POP3 standard, but POP3 is just not nearly as good as IMAP. Yahoo is one of Palm's partners according to a slide though.

    But anyway, that has absolutely nothing to do with this review, because as is clearly said in the article and as I already mentioned, the article is by Reuters.
  11. #11  
    The Reuters review is definitely an odd one. It sounds like their correspondent wasn't in necessarily a good coverage area, judging from the battery life and the slowness.

    I'm surprised by what the reviewer said about email... Can anyone confirm similar behavior? I'm thinking the person opened and closed the app itself each time they wanted to see their email. NOT how the Pre is supposed to be used at all.
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

    Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    That's because Yahoo doesn't support the IMAP standard. You can still add Yahoo because it uses a POP3 standard, but POP3 is just not nearly as good as IMAP. Yahoo is one of Palm's partners according to a slide though.

    But anyway, that has absolutely nothing to do with this review, because as is clearly said in the article and as I already mentioned, the article is by Reuters.
    Just FYI: You have to pay for pop3 on a Yahoo account.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Just FYI: You have to pay for pop3 on a Yahoo account.
    Aah, sorry, didn't know that.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Aah, sorry, didn't know that.
    Yet another reason Gmail is better .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by smatyas View Post
    i agree that engadget is not unbiased. however, i believe they are FAR more objective and because they were so thorough in their review, it is definitely the best review we've seen.
    I thought their review was really well done for the pre. I didn't call them biased because of the pre though. Just from what I've read over the years.
  16. #16  
    That review was terrible. Very uninformative and useless IMO
  17. #17  
    I really wish you guys would stop with the whole "everyone who has something negative to say is biased or in bed with Apple" bit. It's really getting old.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Just FYI: You have to pay for pop3 on a Yahoo account.
    No you absolutely do not. I have Yahoo POP3 set up on my Treo, and have done so for years now (ever since the iPhone launched coincidentally. It didn't use to be like this before.)
  19. #19  
    I thought the "over view" was ok, he had some valid concerns. It doesn't matter who reviews, previews, or gives you quick thoughts, most members here are always going to think that any site with negative reviews is against Palm and the Pre. And of course no one is going to believe it unless a negative review comes from Palm, PreCentral, TreoCentral, or any other Palm related site. And we all know that's not going to happen. Just read the reviews for what they are, they may be called reviews but they are still opinions, and until you actually play with it you aren't going to know if it's right for you. I'll just read all the reviews that come out and then compare it to my experience.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    No you absolutely do not. I have Yahoo POP3 set up on my Treo, and have done so for years now (ever since the iPhone launched coincidentally. It didn't use to be like this before.)
    Wrong.

    How do I POP my mail?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions